The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anonimo Mini Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

Anonimo Mini Review Empty
PostSubject: Anonimo Mini Review   Anonimo Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:14 pm

I will be really brief here on my initial impressions with my new Polluce

-Beautiful Wood box with steel hinges, Steel logos Anonimo and Firenze, Leather like interior. Easily the nicest presentation box ive got with a watch...Im guessing thats where a big chunk of the retail price goes.. Smile

Anonimo Mini Review 4167807276_c58eaacc8b_b
Anonimo Mini Review 4167045691_e47efe087c_b

-Case and Bracelet are well beyond anything I have ever seen, truly handmade, beadblasted type process and brushing too by hand, you know when you hold it thats its clearly made to higher standard than most any other i have seen. I read they can only make like 20 cases per day, which is amazing. Mine is #12 of 299. They only made 150 in Blue i believe so its a very limited edition for sure.

Its stated as a 42-43mm case which is very deceiving as it wears Much larger for sure, takes up a good chunk of wrist and when i hold next to my 45-46mm pieces, I dont see it as smaller...really odd for sure.

Its rated at WR 121ATM on the back and 100ATM on the dial which seems typical for how Anonimo states the WR. I think my Wayfarer 2 also had a slightly diff WR on the front as compared to the back. Has a very oversized crown and a helium release valve which gives it great character for sure. The winding stem feels like a tank,,,,man i have never felt a stem where you have to use some real pressure to turn it etc....although it is smooth, just feels like you couldnt break it if you tried..

The bracelet is just perfection,,,,,i think they retail for anywhere from 500-700 for the bracelet which seems excessive until you feel it. The detail work and the fit and finish is at the top of the game for sure.

My only gripe is that the clasp they chose is a single foldover dual button and rather thin. They really need a heavier clasp IMO and you must really ensure its locked closed after hearing 2 clicks otherwise it will pop open....there goes your new toy down the drain....LOL

Theres just something about the case and bracelet that I cant put into words but when you hold one you will know that its not at all the same as any other case you have held...It is superb...

Here is a great link if you want to see the cases hand made etc and then some pics of mine:

VIDEO- http://www.anonimo.com/en/video-processo-produttivo.html

Anonimo Mini Review 4168846681_b124a321e5_b

Anonimo Mini Review 4169608282_6d9cbcb9f6_b

Anonimo Mini Review 4169606754_a6d362a1f9_b

Anonimo Mini Review 4168845431_4458cfdd64_b

Dial/ Crystal etc:

The dial is just an amazing color of Blue...not too dark nor too light...My gripe is that there is either no AR or little at best which makes the blue color appear washed out in just the right light. Not all the time but just if it hits it just right. The lume is like a torch on all hands and numerals.

IMO when you spend retail of 4k plus on a watch, AR should be a standard feature especially if lower end brands use it on all pieces as well.

I like the CNS and MC logos, although I hav read others dont care for them. I think they add cool character to the piece and when you read about the backstory its even cooler. The story behing the Polluce and the CNS and MC can be found here-

http://deskdivers.com/Site/Polluce.html

Anonimo Mini Review 4169610430_b2a4f10aeb_b

Anonimo Mini Review 4168847899_f4b15bfa71_b

Anonimo Mini Review 4169609222_46fa44669c_b

Anonimo Mini Review 4169606168_1ec4931ed7_b

Anonimo Mini Review 4168843793_af5aa5dfb4_b

Anonimo Mini Review 4167811912_d24800ba95_b

Anonimo Mini Review 4167810670_db903c93f4_b

Anonimo Mini Review 4167049665_cc75619f54_b

My last thoughts are this.....Amazing Company, Amazingly built watch, Unreal Case and bracelet quality.....worth every dime.......Just needs AR and a heavier clasp and it would be a 100%. With those I rate it a 95%. Will I buy a 3rd Anonimo....Oh Yeah.......
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Anonimo Mini Review   Anonimo Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:57 pm

whata bitch.............lol......Trev you know that when youre ready to sell off some of your stuff that BigE is here arms open for a new watch.....
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Anonimo Mini Review   Anonimo Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Great review E!

It's a great feeling to get a watch and love it THAT much!

Awesome shots...!

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Anonimo Mini Review   Anonimo Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Excellent review eric...Awesome pics...Glad you love the watch...Really curious to see one of these in person. Anonimo Mini Review Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Anonimo Mini Review   Anonimo Mini Review Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:00 am

A great review of a great watch Eric ! Anonimo Mini Review Icon_smile It's easy to see that
Anonimo really cares about making an exceptional watch. I think
they know what fans of the brand are looking for ! Well made, well
designed watches that excite the consumer as much as the builders
of the watches. Congratulations..this really does seem like a terrific
watch !

PostSubject: Re: Anonimo Mini Review   Anonimo Mini Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anonimo Mini Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: