The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? 180xxxin

I'd appreciate your opinions on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:56 pm

Yup, works great! I like it better than the one with the screw thingy that pushes the pin out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:13 am

looks good, link where to get one if you could, Thanks
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:16 am

That is one cool looking tool ! Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_cool It would definitely come in
handy..and might save us from going to the jewelers so
much !..Thx !

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:10 am

falcon4311 wrote:
Yup, works great! I like it better than the one with the screw thingy that pushes the pin out.

Don,

Thanks. I know you adjust your bracelets and have had a few watches. Do you own the name brand that costs $200 or so or the India made one that costs $40 or so? Ofrei says that the India one is fine and when you replace the tips you can use the ones from the $200 model.

The India version is 180-INDIA for $34.50
about half way down the page.
http://www.ofrei.com/page237.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:47 am

gonna give this one a try, at four bucks cant go wrong!

Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? 49ab_1

Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? 4aa3_1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:50 am

cali kid wrote:
gonna give this one a try, at four bucks cant go wrong!

Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? 49ab_1

Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? 4aa3_1

FOUR DOLLARS? Shipped? Tell me more, please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Docrwm wrote:
falcon4311 wrote:

Don,

Thanks. I know you adjust your bracelets and have had a few watches. Do you own the name brand that costs $200 or so or the India made one that costs $40 or so? Ofrei says that the India one is fine and when you replace the tips you can use the ones from the $200 model.

The India version is 180-INDIA for $34.50
about half way down the page.
[url=http://www.ofrei.com/page237.html
http://www.ofrei.com/page237.html[/quote[/url]]

Robert, I don't think I even paid that much but he is right, the tips just screw out and you can replace them. I think mine came with 5 extra tips.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:46 pm

I use a hand held Punch type Pin Pusher. Why the need for a machine type press? Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:50 pm

I just bought the set of punches, the large block, a few extra tips for each....not the whole contraption.

Seems like a good deal Doc.....

Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:52 pm

I also own the yellow one thats about 1/2 way down, it's just the block with the slots for the bracelet that came with 2 different sized pin tools that you use with a small mallet. I use that one the most as it is very easy to set up and use. I also have a pair of Bosch & Lomb magnifying goggles that are exactly the same as the set at the top of the link. This is one Hell of a good price, mine did come with 3 different lenses but I paid much more than that. Wearing them while you work on your watches ensures you won't scratch the sides of the links when you go to push out the pins. I also use them to get a good view when I am refinishing my watches, very handy to have.

http://www.magnifier.com/hands_free_magnifier.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:44 pm

I use the block and punch method as well. More manueverable IMO, than the device pictured. Mine are from Bergeon and are complete with the must have "Swiss Made" designation. Fairly pricey for what they are, but have worked for years.

Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Tools-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:11 pm

Aqua Homer wrote:
I use the block and punch method as well. More manueverable IMO, than the device pictured. Mine are from Bergeon and are complete with the must have "Swiss Made" designation. Fairly pricey for what they are, but have worked for years.

Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Tools-1

Ah, but what Mallet do you use?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:35 am

Just went ahead and got a replacement for the old model from Noah when he offered them for $5 shipped.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:36 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? 180xxxin

I'd appreciate your opinions on it.
Is that post a punch for the pins or something else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:29 pm

. . .using the "screw type" device here. Have a fairly good one from amazon, small with an inner drive so the handle does'nt extend as you back out. Am I miss ing something here not using the block and punch . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?   Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone use this type tool to adjust their bracelets?
Page 1 of 1