The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flogging Rotary

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 am

Seems like no matter where you look on the web, SWI is flogging the hell out of Rotary. Must have bought a boatload of the brand, which, as we've discussed elsewhere, seems to have slipped several notches.

Or is this just me?
Back to top Go down

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:59 am

I keep getting emails about amazing deals on them. Of course I get emails about Invicta, Swiss Legend, SWI, Rotary, and a few others but those 3 seem to be the most constant.

Last edited by Docrwm on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:16 pm

All I know is last I saw of Rotary on the Shop hey were selling a nice Auto Dress watch for $300ish. Now I see all the time on Daily Deal sites different Rotary watches going for $50. 2 different companies? New Ownership of same old company?
Back to top Go down

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:39 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
All I know is last I saw of Rotary on the Shop hey were selling a nice Auto Dress watch for $300ish. Now I see all the time on Daily Deal sites different Rotary watches going for $50. 2 different companies? New Ownership of same old company?

Same company, just going a different direction. They make a FEW Swiss watches with solid movements and specs and a LOAD of ....other watches.
Back to top Go down

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:53 pm

A step down from what? Just another brand with fancy packaging as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody heard of Rotary until Lior brought them to shop and the brand was propped up like it was the best watch around. "Very, very popular in Europe" it was said.

People bought into the hype of the brand based on what was said on TV. Now that they gutted the prices, it makes it look like any other TV brand.
Back to top Go down

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:56 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
A step down from what? Just another brand with fancy packaging as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody heard of Rotary until Lior brought them to shop and the brand was propped up like it was the best watch around. "Very, very popular in Europe" it was said.

People bought into the hype of the brand based on what was said on TV. Now that they gutted the prices, it makes it look like any other TV brand.

From their initial offerings to establish the "Brand". It's what they've done and what you've described but going from solid ETA Auto movements in descent cases with nice dials to quartz movements that are unspecified and all can reasonably be called a "step down" IMHO.
Back to top Go down

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Didn't ShopNBC trot out a very proper fellow with an English accent (no, not Daniel Green) as a spokesman for Rotary to add credence to the brand on a couple of shows?
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:53 pm

Rotary used to be considered a decent brand, I work on a buddy's quartz model and it was well made with an ETA movement. I don't like the junk they flooding the market with now.

Flogging Rotary Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:01 pm

I have purchased 1 Rotary watch as a gift for a co worker and they loved it. It seemed well made and a quality watch for the price I paid.
Back to top Go down

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:11 pm

It's nearly the same damn thing as Potger Pietri, S.Coifman, etc. Fabricated history, intitial models with great movements, high prices, and a BS provenance. Later models with unknown movements, and low prices.
Back to top Go down

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:38 pm

TVDinner wrote:
I have purchased 1 Rotary watch as a gift for a co worker and they loved it. It seemed well made and a quality watch for the price I paid.

That's a good point - for the price paid.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:

Last I was in the UK i saw the brand at most nice Watch shops I went into...seems they were very present for sure. I own one MEchanical that is awesome, vintage movement etc...No COmplaints here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flogging Rotary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flogging Rotary   Flogging Rotary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flogging Rotary
Page 1 of 1