The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My other watches.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

My other watches..... Empty
PostSubject: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:07 am

I've posted a bit about my Seikos. Thought I'd post a quick look at the rest of the herd. New Years makes me think about cleaning house and thinning the herd.

Victorinox - Swiss Army
My other watches..... DSC04701cropped
My other watches..... DSC00966
My other watches..... DSC06295
My other watches..... DSC03533

Mido
My other watches..... DSC03750
My other watches..... MidoMFConChips
My other watches..... DSC04603cropped
My other watches..... DSC04206

Fortis
My other watches..... DSC04065

Cyma
My other watches..... Cymawristshot

Accutron - Bulova
My other watches..... Wym807527_b_s
My other watches..... DSC05862cropped
My other watches..... 98a001blueclost
My other watches..... Bulovaconcentric
My other watches..... Bulova55-23j6adj10

Citizen
My other watches..... CitizenBAWrist2
Gift from my wife. Don't ever wear it - hard to read and use. But I'll keep it.

Dorsett
My other watches..... DSC03570
Nice watch. 60s mass production for Montgomery Ward Catalog.

O&W
My other watches..... DSC05825My other watches..... OWwithredflamealonecleanedup
Mirage III - really like it a lot. Nice 7750. Bidirectional bezel works MUCH better above the waves - more functional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:12 am

Nice collection Doc. You are definitely a Pilot and chrono dude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:13 am

Aqua Homer wrote:
Nice collection Doc. You are definitely a Pilot and chrono dude.

Shows does it My other watches..... Icon_wink

Mike, Like I've said before - I actually use the damn Chronos at work constantly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:30 am

Nice collection, Doc! Always loved those 7750s. Just saw that accutron eagle FS elsewhere, really a great watch. Enjoy em all and happy new year!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:51 am

I REALLY like the Mido(s)!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:59 am

Quite the group of watches Robert.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:00 am

Thanks guys. Its funny what I've ended up with in the past 5 years. Really need to think about thinning out and perhaps working toward that MM or GS.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:03 am

Nice collection! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:03 am

Doc..THIS collection is just GREAT !!!! They are ALL phenomenal !
Do you mind if I look at these for a while ? My other watches..... Icon_cheers

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:06 am

AtomicTom wrote:

Tom, you're too kind. Most were purchased used. All have some sort of story which makes deciding which to part with harder. Some are so beaten up that they have no resale value. And some just never get wrist time. My other watches..... Icon_sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:08 am

Do not...repeat: DO NOT get rid of (do not flip) the Multiforts.

It might even take a few months absence, but you would regret it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:15 am

Very nice watches you have!
I think my favorite case here is the first picture of the SA.
great looking watch
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:46 am

Nice bunch o' banannas there mister.... My other watches..... Icon_biggrin

My other watches..... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:15 pm

Very Nice! Like Alan, I really like your collection of Mido's!!

BTW - if the thinning the heard ever involves your Fortis...send me a PM!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:33 pm

Very nice watches Doc. I dig those Mido's for sure. That Fortis is damn nice as well. I've never heard of a Dorsett so I've learned yet another new brand. My other watches..... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:42 pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
Do not...repeat: DO NOT get rid of (do not flip) the Multiforts.

It might even take a few months absence, but you would regret it.

You are about the 5th person to tell me that - I have considered flipping the Multifort Chrono but not the Pulsemeter. Something keeps me from doing it. The All Dial is interesting and I have rehabed it a great deal + added the Cosc certificate and a new strap. Overall, its come from a 6 to an 8 IMHO. The Midos are such nice watches for the money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:45 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
Very nice watches you have!
I think my favorite case here is the first picture of the SA.
great looking watch

Funny you should say that - it was my first "real" watch that I purchased for myself. Got it from a used seller on eBay who sells incredibly high end watches. It was BNIB. I had seen them when they were first released around 2000 and they were $1200-1400 and I passed My other watches..... Icon_rolleyes He had it for $400 + shipping and I bought it after 2 days of thinking about it. Have worn it more consistently than anything else I own over the past 5 years. Still looks terrific. Along with the Fortis, has the best AR coating of any watch I have ever owned. Wears incredibly well and marks just do not show on its finish much. My other watches..... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:50 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
Very nice watches Doc. I dig those Mido's for sure. That Fortis is damn nice as well. I've never heard of a Dorsett so I've learned yet another new brand. My other watches..... Icon_cheers

Thank you Sir. Dorsett was Montgomery Ward's in-house brand in the 1940s-1970s from what I have been able to ascertain. This one was marketed in the late 60s as a Diver and has a Seiko movement in it that was sold by Universal Time (predecessor to SII) to anyone that wanted to case up their own "brand" with a known movement that was inexpensive but very reliable. 17 Jewel and runs around 10s fast per day without any regulation by me.
My other watches..... DSC03576
My other watches..... DSC03577
My other watches..... DSC03584
My other watches..... DSC03585
My other watches..... 2111_12
My other watches..... 200b_12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:50 pm

andrema wrote:
Very Nice! Like Alan, I really like your collection of Mido's!!

BTW - if the thinning the heard ever involves your Fortis...send me a PM!!!!!!!

Thanks, will do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:56 pm

Yet another history lesson this time on Dorsett. Thanks Doc. Who knew Seiko was so widely used? And the predecessor to SII being Universal Time is very cool knowledge as well. So did Seiko own a piece of UT or as a subsidiary as well back in the day?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:02 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
Yet another history lesson this time on Dorsett. Thanks Doc. Who knew Seiko was so widely used? And the predecessor to SII being Universal Time is very cool knowledge as well. So did Seiko own a piece of UT or as a subsidiary as well back in the day?

Yes, Universal Time was Seiko's wholly owned subsidiary as far as I can tell - just as SII is today. Seiko has tried to keep the Seiko name for specific purposes from early on in order to maintain its image. The UT label on the movement is there so that if someone ruins it in their use of it in a substandard product Seiko is not tarred by their actions. It's a sound policy IMHO in that Seiko has put out solid, reliable, and workmanlike movements at very low prices for decades. However, those who buy them do not always use them well.

BTW, I took a chance on the Dorsett on eBay and got it for a little less than $25 shipped (no strap). Its a wee bit small at 38mm or so but I really like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:22 pm

Docrwm wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Tom, you're too kind. Most were purchased used. All have some sort of story which makes deciding which to part with harder. Some are so beaten up that they have no resale value. And some just never get wrist time. My other watches..... Icon_sad

Doc..beaten up or not, these watches are still NICE ! My other watches..... Icon_smile I'm sure there are some
cool stories behind them. Thanks for showing them to us !

PostSubject: Re: My other watches.....   My other watches..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My other watches.....
Page 1 of 1