The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seiko SKA371 . . . .

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Seiko SKA371 . . . . Empty
PostSubject: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:59 am

. . . . Hot Damn!!!!! Still on a contact buzz over this one. Amazed at not only the deal on it ( yeah,yeah . . . . I know, driven into the ground, so kill me . . .) But the watch itself is really a very good piece, and it's just a plain Janer, black dial and all stainless. The surface finishing is top notch, not too shiny, but nice polished accents in the right places . . . .

When I got the Japan Bug and decided to look at Seiko's and Citizen's offering more closely I had no clue the planets would align for me this way. First the deal on the Yobokie Monster, and today this doll for less than half of what I spend on Marlboros a month. Got a new camera, so here's some begginer's shots, while I try to figure the thing out . . . .

Seiko SKA371 . . . . IMG_0081

. . . pusher at the 2 o'clock mark is for checking the "power reserve" , a little gadgety, but nice . . . .

Seiko SKA371 . . . . IMG_0086

. . . typical Seiko "search light lume" , and a nice understated overlay in the dial work . . .

Seiko SKA371 . . . . IMG_0085

. . . I love the bezel, big deep cuts for the edging. Looks like a "cog" for small machinery . . . .

Seiko SKA371 . . . . IMG_0088

. . . big old solid end links, bracelet is not incredible, but they do seem to have been serious about it lasting . . .

Seiko SKA371 . . . . IMG_0091

Seiko SKA371 . . . . IMG_0094

Seiko SKA371 . . . . IMG_0097

Seiko SKA371 . . . . IMG_0103

Seiko SKA371 . . . . IMG_0107

Seiko SKA371 . . . . IMG_0106

. . . .Happy cat here. I would have gladly paid more . . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:08 am

Nice watch! I always love the Seiko dials
wear it often, I would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:31 am

sweet piece!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:09 am

Still loving it? Wow. No, seriously its a great timepiece and the face is just terrific too. Just don't press the button at 2 because that transforms it into a Planet eating mechanical monster. Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_geek

Congratulations. Really spectacular bargain! Wear it in good health!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:54 am

Fantastic Pick-up Randy! Love the look and I like your mini review too! Great pics to boot! New watch, New Camera......Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:55 am

I love that watch, and it certainly sounds like you do too. It's great to hear such enthusiasm about new watches! You got such a good deal, I still can't believe it. Looks built like a tank, you should be enjoying that one for a long time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:37 pm

That's one Hell of a pick up! Real nice.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Great pictures Randy ! Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_smile You definitely got a NICE one here !
The deep dial is very noticeable and you can really appreciate
the markers and hands. Speaking of those hands..they are shaped
in a really cool way ! You don't see that every day !..That bezel
is phemomenal too..and it's finished off with a great bracelet !
Enjoy !!!

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:10 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Great pictures Randy ! Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_smile You definitely got a NICE one here !
Enjoy !!!

. . . . Tom, you are the best! If I ever see a down post from you . . . I will know for certain that the world has just ended!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:35 pm

randyswagon wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Enjoy !!!

. . . . Tom, you are the best! If I ever see a down post from you . . . I will know for certain that the
world has just ended!!!!! Seiko SKA371 . . . . Lol

Thanks Randy !..You and the rest of XMT are actually the best ! Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_cheers I only
try to give back to you guys what you have been giving to everyone else all
this time !

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Awesome watch! Love the hands and dial. Congratulations on a great deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Awesome watch! Love the hands and dial. Congratulations on a great deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:53 pm

A great Seiko.
I have the yellow dial version and it's one of my all purpose "go to" watches.
Virtually indestructable.

Goat!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:28 pm

foghorn wrote:
A great Seiko.
I have the yellow dial version and it's one of my all purpose "go to" watches.
Virtually indestructable.

Goat!!

. . . I have seen the yellow version online, and it is seriously good looking! I would like to add one to my gatherings. Post a shot of it if get a chance, I'd like to see it in a better photo . . .

Goat??? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seiko SKA371 . . . .   Seiko SKA371 . . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seiko SKA371 . . . .
Page 1 of 1