The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

50 mm watches

Go down 
+2
TVDinner
andrema
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:49 am

My horological guru Jim Skelton (Praise His Name and Offspring) was once again Delivering The TRUTH on TV last night saying 50mm watches are perfect for women.
I am a Lowly Sinner because I can not embrace The Truth of this. Obviously, there is something wrong with me because we all know The Skelton (Praise His Name and Offspring) never misspeaks and you can't lie on TV.
He also said 40mm watches were the new base size for women but many men still wore 40 mm watches, but it was becoming more and more uncommon.
What do you think about 50mm watches for women?
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 am

I have a couple 50mm watches and like them. But will probably NEVER buy another. As for 50mm watches on women? NFW....and that ain't referrin to the quality watches George Fox puts out. And yes, I have a couple of 40mm watches and love them. So I guess me and the Kool-Aid King just don't see eye to eye 50 mm watches Icon_evil ....WTF is up widdat??? 50 mm watches 812159
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Just for the record, Jim "the snake oil salesman" Skelton-Jones (AKA "Turd") is a buffoon (I love that word)!

50 mm watches Skelton

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:03 pm

After receiving ( and prior to returning) the Invicta SAIII, I thought I could wear a 50mm. I know know that I can, but it did look somewhat ridiculous. I have a Croton Super C that's about 47-48, and does not have the huge crown and guard, and it looks fine to me.

I gave my 18 year old daughter an older 36mm ESQ Paragon tt chrono (a gorgeous watch) and she really likes wearing it, although I don't think she could even wear 40mm.
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:06 pm

Hmmm, seperated at birth? You be the judge!

50 mm watches Jimskelton07 Jim Skelton

50 mm watches Jimjones Jim Jones
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Kristie has a few 50mm watches...and personally I think they look quite good on her...but so do her 30mm watches. Hell, I think anything and everything looks great on her!!!

As for JS...hell, he just says whatever the Lalo commands of him...he would not risk Uncle Eyal pulling the forum funding.

Anyways...one of Kristie's 50mm on her wrist.
50 mm watches Red-g-wrist
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:14 pm

Good thing I was not drinking my coffee when I read that...would have spit it all over the laptop...thats hilarious!!!!

andrema wrote:
Just for the record, Jim "the snake oil salesman" Skelton-Jones (AKA "Turd") is a buffoon (I love that word)!

50 mm watches Skelton
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:16 pm

HOLY COW...I think you are onto something!!! 50 mm watches Lol

bodypeersur1 wrote:

Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:16 pm

I have couple ....they are just too big on my 7 1/4 wrist.....for ladies?

Last edited by eddiea on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:10 pm

50mm.....not so much for women. I have sold all of my SAIII. I really liked them but just weren't comfortable to wear all day for me. I still have a couple of Russian Divers but honestly when I put them on, I might as well put on the bozo shoes to match. They just look clownish on my pathetic little wrist.

I think 40mm watches look good on women though.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:13 pm

If a woman likes larger watches, great. If she does not, also great.

My wife's largest watch is about 44mm (I believe). She would not wear a 50mm watch, buy I know other women who would and do.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:18 pm

50mm might look good on a Russian woman!

50 mm watches Absolut_BigRussianWoman

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:39 pm

I would say that women shouldn't wear a 50mm watch, especially Invictas, they are just to tall. I have a few Sub Aquas left and will keep them but they are in reality to tall for me and I think most people seeing it on me think that I'm blind.
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Anomaly wrote:
50mm might look good on a Russian woman!

50 mm watches Absolut_BigRussianWoman

CLOTHES would look good on that Russian woman Alan!!! MY RETINAS HAVE BEEN VAPORIZED! I'M BLIND!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:43 pm

LMAO Duff!

Literally laughing WAY out loud here!

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Anomaly wrote:
LMAO Duff!

Literally laughing WAY out loud here!

WHAT? I can't read what you typed!!! HOLY CRAP I'M BLINDED!!!! 50 mm watches Affraid Maybe a 5000mm watch would cover that! At least the picture!
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:11 pm

Agree Mr. TV, if a woman likes them that's all that matters.
Question is: Do they look great on gals as suggested by Jim Skelton (Praise His Name and Offspring).
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:13 pm

boscoe wrote:
Agree Mr. TV, if a woman likes them that's all that matters.
Question is: Do they look great on gals as suggested by Jim Skelton (Praise His Name and Offspring).

That's right. Whatever floats your boat....but just because your boat is water tight doesn't mean it's floatin right!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:15 pm

50mm is silly unless you have big giant wrists or you are a lumberjack and can fell tress with your bare hands.

Otherwise 50mm is for a tool who thinks he looks tough because he wears a big watch.

For women. Anything goes with women's fashion.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:25 pm

my opinion a 50mm watch is too large for a women. My wife did tell me the other day she likes the way the rolex sub looks on her wrist. So 40mm I think looks great on a womens wrist. So i guess she is hinting she wants a rolie...lol..I was shocked that she actually said she liked something to do with a watch...lol....She tried on her fathers Rolie and loved it...
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:32 pm

jackprime1 wrote:
my opinion a 50mm watch is too large for a women. My wife did tell me the other day she likes the way the rolex sub looks on her wrist. So 40mm I think looks great on a womens wrist. So i guess she is hinting she wants a rolie...lol..I was shocked that she actually said she liked something to do with a watch...lol....She tried on her fathers Rolie and loved it...
Mrs. B likes the way my Rolex Sub (a gift from her) looks on HER wrist... and wears it more than I do.
She also wears my other 40-42 mm watches. They look fine.
But an Invicta Akula would look silly on her or me - with apologies to Jim Skelton (Praise His Name and Offspring).
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:12 pm

watchcollector1968 wrote:

bodypeersur1 wrote:

50 mm watches Antikool-aid

most 50mm watches look silly on guys!!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:16 pm

cali kid wrote:
watchcollector1968 wrote:

bodypeersur1 wrote:

50 mm watches Antikool-aid

most 50mm watches look silly on guys!!

That is one of the reason's I sold my SAS...and I am 6' 3" and just looked out of place on my wrist...so it had to go..Only wore it 3 times and I sold it for $350.00 after spending $900.00 on it...
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Sorry for your loss, Mr. JackPrime.

But as Mr. Skelton (Praise His Name and Offspring) repeatedly points out on His Hour of Power, watches are not an investment.
Renato seems to be the exception to this rule since Daniel "The Mink" Minkowitz has repeated said he sells his watch right off his wrist in celebrity-studded South Florida enclaves. Daniel "The Mink" Minkowitiz and Mr. Skelton (Praise His Name and Offspring) have both testified on air that Renato watches are very collectible and sold for more on eBay than on ShopNBC.
I'm sure you know you can't lie on TV!
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:10 pm

. . . . beware the television watch prophets, for they only seek your fundage. They will spend your hard earned dollars on luxuries you yourself cannot afford.

This is just a gentle warning . . . . that it is a slippery slope to approach, whence you begin to believe!!! Flee I say . . . at the sight of oversized time pieces for women . . . flee . . . . for the end is surely upon you!!!!!! 50 mm watches Icon_albino
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 pm

If you say it often enough, it is no longer a lie.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 pm

boscoe wrote:
Sorry for your loss, Mr. JackPrime.

But as Mr. Skelton (Praise His Name and Offspring) repeatedly points out on His Hour of Power, watches are not an investment.
Renato seems to be the exception to this rule since Daniel "The Mink" Minkowitz has repeated said he sells his watch right off his wrist in celebrity-studded South Florida enclaves. Daniel "The Mink" Minkowitiz and Mr. Skelton (Praise His Name and Offspring) have both testified on air that Renato watches are very collectible and sold for more on eBay than on ShopNBC.
I'm sure you know you can't lie on TV!

lol...No worries...sometimes in life you have to take a little loss to learn a lesson...as for me...never will i purchase another of either of those watches....sold them all off... down to 6 watches that I love and on the rebound to rebuild with higher quality... 50 mm watches Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:14 pm

porschefan wrote:

Boscoe is a jenious

Boscoe is a jenious

Boscoe is a jenious!

Funny, I don't feel any smarter...
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:19 pm

jackprime1 wrote:

Jack - can you please send you Rolex to my house immediately. i want my wife to just try it on and see if she likes it. Then I PROMISE to send it right back to you.............................
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:21 pm

boscoe wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Boscoe is a jenious

Boscoe is a jenious

Boscoe is a jenious!

Funny, I don't feel any smarter...

Boscoe is a genius...

try it again... 50 mm watches Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:22 pm

TVDinner wrote:
jackprime1 wrote:

Jack - can you please send you Rolex to my house immediately. i want my wife to just try it on and see if she likes it. Then I PROMISE to send it right back to you.............................
hahahahah...No problem james..right after I rob it from my father in law...lol....The funny thing is my wife never mentions anything to do with a watch...When I heard her say she likes the way the sub looks on her wrist I almost fainted..lol...I wanted to go buy her one on the spot...and to make it even more sick..how the hell does she know the size and the name..I guess she is sufing the forums that little sneak...
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:18 am

Since this question is more technical in nature, I would have to defer to the Tech Adviser on this one. Maybe he explain the difference of Swiss Gold versus Gold to me on the same call.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 am

Nice freakin picture Alan. I did laugh out loud.
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:42 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
50mm is silly unless you have big giant wrists or you are a lumberjack and can fell tress with your bare hands.

Otherwise 50mm is for a tool who thinks he looks tough because he wears a big watch.

I wear 50's on occasion...I can't fell trees with my bare hands, but I can hammer a six-inch spike through a board with my penis.
Back to top Go down

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:02 pm

andrema wrote:

50 mm watches Puke50 mm watches Skelton

Ugh I'm blind!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

50 mm watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 mm watches   50 mm watches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

50 mm watches
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next