The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How the heck d'ya like THIS?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

How the heck d'ya like THIS? Empty
PostSubject: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 am

This is a Conversion Mod which uses a more robust, beefy Seiko 7002 case that has a new 7S26 movement installed.

To do this, you need to have a dial with special positioning, and use the crown/stem assembly from a Seiko 007 so that the "teeth" on the stem will work with the movt
The dial was made as a very limited run for this particular type of mod with the dial feet at the correct positiion, with this case having the true 4 o'clock crown position.

CASE: Vintage 1980's Seiko 7002 (from vintage watch, as is)
CRYSTAL: Sapphire with inner AR coating
CROWN: New SEIKO SKX007 crown
GASKETS: All new, and sealed with Compound 7 Silicon grease
HANDS: Custom XW Bund-style with Superluminova
DIAL: Custom DOT Milsub style with Superluminova
MOVT: New Seiko 7s26 automatic made in Japan (from SKX007J)
STRAP: DOT Vintage Waffle style strap

How the heck d'ya like THIS? HOLIDAYS051

How the heck d'ya like THIS? HOLIDAYS050

How the heck d'ya like THIS? Sinn656046

Lume shot..( This shot of a previously made watch with different hands, but you get the idea Wink

How the heck d'ya like THIS? Apt124

Take 'er easy, and keep yer f***in' stick on the ice!

Jake B

"Dawn Of Time Watchworks"
dotwatchworks.com is a Division of 10watches.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:26 am

Very nice. Seems like a LOT of work cobbling together all the components to make it work. The result appears worth the effort How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:27 am

Nice!! Don't think there is any such thing as "Too much orange minute hand!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: That's watch moddin', dude...It's an art..and artists are bloody crazy!   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:30 am

That's watch moddin', dude...It's done for the love. Sure...lots of work, but it's all good.

Docrwm wrote:
Very nice. Seems like a LOT of work cobbling together all the components to make it work. The result appears worth the effort How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: No mistaking the time..that's for sure.   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:32 am

Aqua Homer wrote:
Nice!! Don't think there is any such thing as "Too much orange minute hand!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:52 am

Very cool!!! I like how the hash marks on the dial, chapter ring and ridges on the bezel all seem to flow together (OK, I'm looking too deep into it!) Lots of modding going on here at XMT....giving me lots of inspiration for my next one.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:02 am

Now THAT is hot!

PostSubject: Thanks, man...won't lose track of the mins...that's for sure   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:13 am

cski wrote:
Very cool!!! I like how the hash marks on the dial, chapter ring and ridges on the bezel all seem to flow together (OK, I'm looking too deep into it!) Lots of modding going on here at XMT....giving me lots of inspiration for my next one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks, m'man...I live for sh*t like this.   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:14 am

Anomaly wrote:
Now THAT is hot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 am

I love it!!!! I can certianly appreciate the work that went into it but the final product was well worth it. Great looking mod.

Does the Asian chick come with it? She's hot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Haha..You gotta pay your dues and the plane-fare to get that sh*t, bro... There's millions of 'em over here..litterally!   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:21 am

Ditchdoc wrote:
I love it!!!! I can certianly appreciate the work that went into it but the final product was well worth it. Great looking mod.

Does the Asian chick come with it? She's hot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Great looking mod, I'd like to see some in a larger case size.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Excellent job Jake ! How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_smile I really like the size and look of this one !
There is a deep 3D like effect to the dial that is really nice. Also
the bezel, hands and strap make this watch a winner !

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Jake B wrote:
That's watch moddin', dude...It's done for the love. Sure...lots of work, but it's all good.

Docrwm wrote:

It's great when you love what you do, isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks, man...There's a whole lot goin' on there, for sure!   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:16 am

AtomicTom wrote:
Excellent job Jake ! How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_smile I really like the size and look of this one !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: It's good But ...   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:24 am

It's good But ...
How the heck d'ya like THIS? 97937310

Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:44 am

Really like that cuff strap - Where can I get one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: cuff strap   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:07 am

cuff strap
I have some ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:22 am

Great looking watch! I really like the dials with no date, I don't use it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Three hands is all you need ...   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 am

Three hands is all you need ...
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Jake B wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

noahfuller wrote:
It's good But ...

How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_biggrin Congratulations guys !!!..These are some COOL watches ! How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_cool
Thanks SO much for sharing them with us !

PostSubject: I must say ...   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:19 pm

I must say :
It’s quite refreshing to have a site that truly is interested in seeing what can and is being made …

While it still is quite appalling to see that many of the other sites seem to have some kind of hidden agenda

It’s great to see guys who want to talk watches with no Bull shit ..and all that “you can’t do this and can't do that …”

How the heck d'ya like THIS? 812159 to be on such a great site ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:24 pm

Well said Noah, and great Mod Jake. This place is truly one that you can speak your mind without repercussion. No hidden agendas, no sponsorships that pay the tab, no bullshit without someone calling you out on it. Gotta love it cheers
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:24 pm

noahfuller wrote:
I must say :
It’s quite refreshing to have a site that truly is interested in seeing what can and is being made …

While it still is quite appalling to see that many of the other sites seem to have some kind of hidden agenda

It’s great to see guys who want to talk watches with no Bull shit ..and all that “you can’t do this and can't do that …”

How the heck d'ya like THIS? 812159 to be on such a great site ...

WatchNoob wrote:
Well said Noah, and great Mod Jake. This place is truly one that you can speak your mind without repercussion. No hidden agendas, no sponsorships that pay the tab, no bullshit without someone calling you out on it. Gotta love it How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_cheers

Totally agree with you guys !!!..It's refreshing to have a bunch of people together
who speak freely, and truthfully. All while enjoying watches, the hobby and the people
who collect them. I honestly can't stop thanking Alan, Ron, and YOU guys for making
this place SO AMAZING !!!!..I have only been here for a short time, but it has been
an astonishingly terrific time ! How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_biggrin How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_biggrin How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_biggrin How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_biggrin I'm ALWAYS looking forward to XMT
and talking with you guys..it's VERY exhilarating !..Whether you collect watches or
build them..THIS is a place to talk about it..openly and freely !..It's also a place to talk
with friends like you guys..and THAT is DEFINITELY something to APPRECIATE ! How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_cheers

PostSubject: Re: How the heck d'ya like THIS?   How the heck d'ya like THIS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How the heck d'ya like THIS?
Page 1 of 1