The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions on Mesh Bracelets

Go down 
+3
ramirez1970
Anomaly
ericf4
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:40 pm

I've really been contemplaiting a mesh bracelet for one of my watches. I purchased one for a family member and the bracelet is very well built and was very reasonably priced. Being as she is a lady her wrist diameter is much smaller than mine causing the bracelet to be more like a bangle. I'm thinking being as I have a fatazz wrist it might not be so rigid on me. What say ye that own a mesh? Plus what's the hair to pull ratio???
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:44 pm

i have never liked em even though they are getting more used.. Looks too dated for my tastes
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:48 pm

I am getting one for my Oceanaire!

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:49 pm

I have only one,which came on thos Mido Commander.
Extremelt comfortable with no hair pulling at all.
I'm not sure how it would feel on a larger and heavier watch though but I've seen many Omegas on mesh.
The mesh on the Mido seems as if it would adjust to a small wrist with no problem.

Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Picture681
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Love the 60-70's look of the mesh on chunky divers. However, it is my opinion that you have to be in shape, tan, and tatted up to pull one off. You have two of those covered I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 pm

Yepper tanned and tatted! In shape....meh. I like the looks of the mesh on your Mido Foggy. Alan, I think the Oceanaire will look KILLER on mesh! Big E, I know they wore mesh back in the day....BUT I'M FROM BACK IN THE DAY! I'm really wanting me some mesh!!!
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:22 pm

Though I don't own one, I really like the look, especially the Omega mesh bracelet (on essentially any diver it will fit on) . The Breitling SOHs also look stunning on their respective mesh bracelets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:50 pm

I've been thinking of getting a mesh bracelet.
Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Img2306oa1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:01 pm

I like them (that Breitling is sweet!) I have two, one on my Seiko mod
Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Silvermod1

and another that I initially had on a Lupah but switched it to a Zodiac V8
Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Lupazod3

...I never thought of the Oceanaire, I'll have to give it a try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:06 pm

I think that, for a chance of pace, a mesh bracelet can fit the bill beautifully.....

And Duff, if you find one that fits, please let me know where you got it...I, too, have hamhocks for wrists and most of the mesh bracelets I've seen are limited in length...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:17 pm

porschefan wrote:

Hey Tim, is that a Breitling bracelet or aftermarket? That looks freakin SUHWEEEEEEEET!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Breitling, Duff. If (when?) I get one, this is how it will be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:21 pm

porschefan wrote:

Very nice! I know the Omega mesh is close to 3 bills. Do you know what the Breitling mesh goes for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:23 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Very nice! I know the Omega mesh is close to 3 bills. Do you know what the Breitling mesh goes for?

No, sorry, I don't. I just know what my AD will charge me for the complete kit.
My guess is more than Omega.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:25 pm

porschefan wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
porschefan wrote:

No, sorry, I don't. I just know what my AD will charge me for the complete kit.
My guess is more than Omega.

DAYUM!!! Aftermarket looks better all the time! Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Yeah. When I bought the croc strap and the buckle for my Breitling, I paid quite a bit more for it, because I wanted to keep it OEM Breitling. Because it's a Breitling.

I'm sure you've seen this, Duff:

https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/wanna-buy-a-watch-f9/thick-international-steel-ss-dot-mesh-20mm-bands-4-for-one-t2870.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:54 pm

porschefan wrote:
Yeah. When I bought the croc strap and the buckle for my Breitling, I paid quite a bit more for it, because I wanted to keep it OEM Breitling. Because it's a Breitling.

I'm sure you've seen this, Duff:

[url=https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/wanna-buy-a-watch-f9/thick-international-steel-ss-dot-mesh-20mm-bands-4-for-one-t2870.htm
https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/wanna-buy-a-watch-f9/thick-international-steel-ss-dot-mesh-20mm-bands-4-for-one-t2870.htm[/quote[/url]]

Yes I did and Jake's a GREAT guy to do business with! But I only want one mesh. He's selling lots of 4. I bought one from a guy on ebay for my son's mother-in-law for $20 plus something like $5 shipping from Singapore. Really nice bracelet but like I said...difficult to tell how it would lay on my fatazz wrist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Silvermod1

THAT LOOKS FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:06 pm

cski, that mod rocks.
I've been thinking maybe a mesh for my new yellow Seiko. But I'll probably wait a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Have a mesh bracelet on a Lucien Picard. Bit stiff and this particular one can not be sized since the holes are already set in the metal. Due to my small wrist, I use the last hole, which results in a large flapping tongue. Very annoying.
Otherwise, it is comfy. Mrs. B gifted a friend with an Invicta for Christmas that had a mesh bracelet. It seemed very okay (that's as much praise as I can manage for any Cheese product these days).
Think they look killer on Omegas.
So go for it.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:33 pm

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Like then...that said , shop wisely for a well made/non hair puller one pirat
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:12 am

I've got a couple of the new thick ones on order from Invicta.
Hoping to try 'em on my Grand Divers (22mm).
Ordered on Nov. - no hide nor hair of them yet.

The new Pro Divers (actually Grand size) aren't bad.
Just didn't like the color combos and have plenty of Invictas

Check 'em out if you dare Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_tongue - Invicta Mesh on SNBC
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 am

porschefan wrote:

I've been thinking of that one myself. As you know, I've been planning t get a Planet Ocean. But I tried that Breitling on when I was in Las Vegas last week and I'm thinking it might replace the PO on my wanted list. I assume the Omega movement is better, but I think I like the look of the Breitling a bit more. The mesh is very nice, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm a big fan of mesh, and Omega makes the best IMHO...
Opinions on Mesh Bracelets 001-18
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:21 pm

I think they look great on some watches, like the Kobold or the Super Ocean Heritage 46 in this thread. I've seen some of the vintage Omegas they look nice on. Don't have one so I can't comment on the comfort. Would be willing to split an order of four if anyone else wants to try them.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Heres whats next for Duff

Opinions on Mesh Bracelets 9080_chain_mail_shirt_combo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:28 pm

ericf4 wrote:

Cool, his and hers mesh.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:29 pm

ericf4 wrote:

Those look like hair and nipple pullers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:31 pm

merichar wrote:
ericf4 wrote:

Those look like hair and nipple pullers.

But Duff like that stuff, right? Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Mesh Bracelets   Opinions on Mesh Bracelets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Mesh Bracelets
Page 1 of 1