The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Empty
PostSubject: Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!   Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:52 pm

when i picked up my UFO 6138-0011 it had a original bracelet (i think) and i loved the case and dial , the chrono worked amazing and the watch kept awesome time. bought the piece for the love of it and planned on wearing it so i put a seiko oyster style 3 link bracelet with screws instead of pins, i took 2mm off the endlinks and salvaged a clasp and dive extention off a monster bracelet knowing it wasnt a dive watch but just thought it looked bitchin, this watch that i've got just a little over 200 bones into i will enjoy for the rest of my life and will never sale it. a little imagination and elbow grease and you can make something thats already wonderful just a little bit better. I've heard the hands have been repainted the dial is a reproduction but i dont care , this watch is for me and it makes me smile when i wear it!!

BEFORE..

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! 100_2590

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! 100_2586

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! 100_2588

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! 100_2589

AFTER..

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! 100_2603

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! 100_2602

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! 100_2601

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! 100_2599

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! 100_2600
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!   Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:56 pm

I always liked that Seiko! Very nice Trevor!

PostSubject: Re: Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!   Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:11 am

Much nicer Trev! I have a UFO on an original cheap a$$ bracelet too; as cool as those old Seiko chronos are the bracelets SUCK! Is that an all solid link bracelet u Dremeled to fit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!   Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:41 am

Pretty darn thick! Handsome watch, though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!   Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:47 am

. . . . Dig the hell out of that one Trevor!!! The bracelet work is something else. Timeless design, it'll always be cool!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!   Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:53 am

cski wrote:
Much nicer Trev! I have a UFO on an original cheap a$$ bracelet too; as cool as those old Seiko chronos are the bracelets SUCK! Is that an all solid link bracelet u Dremeled to fit?

the bracelet is solid link but the endlink is a straight link that is folded over so i just cut a little off each end!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!   Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:38 am

Another AMAZING job there Trevor ! Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_cheers It basically looks brand
new now. The case and dial are extraordinary !..While that bracelet
adds a tougher aura to this Seiko !..Excellent work here..It is VERY
impressive and has to be extremely satisfying as well ! Enjoy !!!

TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!   Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:51 am

hey trevor, that is one awesome seiko!!! congrats and enjoy it. steve
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!   Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:16 am

The new bracelet looks much more balanced with the case. One thing about the vintage watches is they usually have a pretty lightweight bracelet by comparison to todays models.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!   Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:31 am

Very nice watch. If you still have the oem bracelet you can probably recoup a bit of your $200 or so from it as they are sought after by restorers.

I like the new bracelet you have it on better too. Sometimes original is not better.

The dial looks to be a very high quality reproduction, if it is. The hands do look to be either aftermarket or stripped and repainted. But, they both look terrific - high quality work from what I can see - and give you did not pay NOS prices for the thing are great because they make the watch look so good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!   Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seiko UFO, since we are talking about changing thing up!
Page 1 of 1