The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Breitling rubber

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sooner
Associate

New Breitling rubber Empty
PostSubject: New Breitling rubber   New Breitling rubber Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Just got the new Breitling Diver Pro II rubber strap. This is a new product for 2010 and my understanding is it replaces the original Diver Pro strap. Thick and chunky but quite comfortable, and fortunately it doesn't have the Breitling name splattered along the length of it like the old one . . . which means it can go on any brand of diver, not just Bs. Here are some shots of it on my Steelfish. Somebody's selling this on the bay for $160, but don't bother. I ordered mine through the local Breitling AD for the list price of $110.

New Breitling rubber BreitlingSteelfish-rubber1
New Breitling rubber DiverPro2-flat
New Breitling rubber DiverPro2-sideA
New Breitling rubber DiverPro2-clasp
New Breitling rubber BreitlingSteelfish-rubber2
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Breitling rubber   New Breitling rubber Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:33 pm

VERY nice!

Maybe just the "B" and WINGS would look good stamped in near lugs...

Great look though!

Enjoy!

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: New Breitling rubber   New Breitling rubber Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:36 pm

I actually prefer the straps with Breitling stamped in the rubber. But that watch on rubber no matter the style looks good.
Back to top Go down
sooner
Associate

PostSubject: Re: New Breitling rubber   New Breitling rubber Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:51 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
I actually prefer the straps with Breitling stamped in the rubber.
A bit too much flagrant brand identity for my tastes, but of course, to each his own. Although I agree with Alan, the wings would look good right below the lugs.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: New Breitling rubber   New Breitling rubber Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:58 pm

sooner wrote:
PoliMalaka wrote:
I actually prefer the straps with Breitling stamped in the rubber.
A bit too much flagrant brand identity for my tastes, but of course, to each his own. Although I agree with Alan, the wings would look good right below the lugs.
Not a thing wrong with that assertion, and it's not that I prefer the Breitling name on the strap. But when comparing the simple nature of the strap you have to the one I described, the choice for me is the fancier one. Now, if it just had the wings and the "stripes" or ridges, I'd prefer that.

Either way, you've got a super looking watch that looks gangbusters on a black rubber strap!!
Back to top Go down
sooner
Associate

PostSubject: Re: New Breitling rubber   New Breitling rubber Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Agreed. I'm something of a minimalist, so I guess that's why this new strap appeals to me. (So if I'm a minimalist, what am doing with a Breitling? Good question! Probably calls for another thread.)

Edit: Come to think of it, maybe it's that the simplicity of the strap compensates for the complexity of the watch design.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Breitling rubber   New Breitling rubber Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:22 pm

I too prefer watches without the logo cut, stamped and engraved all over the place.
This strap looks nice with your watch. Enjoy it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Breitling rubber   New Breitling rubber Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Looks great and always have loved the buckle but i would have never thought it was a breitling strap until is saw it on the inside of the strap!! Sweet looker just not breitling bling i'm used to but would wear it on both of my breitlings!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Breitling rubber   New Breitling rubber Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Your new Breitling strap is just perfect Sooner ! New Breitling rubber Icon_smile It helps show off the
dial without overpowering it. It's classy, but still sporty enough to give the
Steelfish yet another cool personality ! GREAT choice !..Congratulations on
such a TERRIFIC watch and strap !

PostSubject: Re: New Breitling rubber   New Breitling rubber Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Breitling rubber
Page 1 of 1