The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!!   Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:34 pm

I LOVE this watch but want an automatic movement in it!

Can someone put a swiss, gmt, date movement in here?

Case is 43mm w/o crown. Let me know what else you need to know, WILL PAY FOR PARTS AND HELP!

Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!! GMT2

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!!   Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:58 pm

I"ll do it Alan!

I CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL WORK WHEN WE ARE DONE... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!!   Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:50 pm

Are you going to do it yourself?

You want an ETA 2893-2 with 3hr date will work for 4 also, you can get one from OF http://www.ofrei.com/page_183.html or a used one from ebay as well as the hands. The 2892-A2 will look the same as the 2893 but is a 3 hand movement. Not sure if the hands you have on the Z will work on the auto, but if you find out whats in there I can research it for you. The 2893-2 needs 90 minute, 150 hour, 25 seconds, 180 GMT size hands. You can find these on ebay but need to make sure of the length.

The date wheel on the Zodiac is 10mm from the center to center and so is the 2893-2 as well as the 2824-2 and many other auto movements including the Miyota 8215.

The hard thing is setting new dial feet to work with the new auto, it has to be perfectly centered and straight. A few other tools and parts like a new movement ring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!!   Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:00 am

I say go for it Alan! Ron has done all the major research regarding parts, just a matter of getting it. You have plenty of people here to back you up if you hit a snag. I know you've worked on some, pulling movements etc, so I say give it a whirl.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!!   Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:52 am

I don't have the tools!

How bout I send it to you Ron and you do it for me!

Yeah, I like that idea!

PostSubject: Re: Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!!   Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok Mod kings, help me out!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: