The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you Kidding me??

Go down 
+2
smellody
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Are you Kidding me?? Empty
PostSubject: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 pm

I hope this doesn't offend but I had to post this.
This has to be one of the worst designs I have ever seen. EVER SEEN!!!
How can anyone like this God awful trainwreck?
Anything that can be wrong with watch design is incorporated here.

Are you Kidding me?? J178760
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Dude, that watch is U-squared...ULTRA UGLY!

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 pm

...oh crap...

Last edited by porschefan on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Quit biting on my threads foghorn. I posted that deuce with essentially the same text about three weeks ago. Keep on post!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:09 pm

I read a thread at "another place" recently where Renato's drive to create the busiest dial imaginable was being questioned...specifically, this "Cougar"...too many of the replies were along the lines of "I can't tell at a glance what time it is....but it sure looks cool."

Granted, I'm paraphrasing — but I just can't believe the number of people who buy a watch based almost solely upon how it looks on the wrist, and don't really care how well it does its job (tell time).

I own several early Renatos and like them, for the most part. They are relatively clean chronos. Lately it seems as if Daniel Mink is infatuated with cramming as much crap as possible on a little chunk of watch dial real estate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Aqua Homer wrote:
Quit biting on my threads foghorn. I posted that deuce with essentially the same text about three weeks ago. Keep on post!

1000 apologies!
I thought it was a brand new piece.

I saw it presented on TV and got so roiled by the absolute degradation of all things horological that ,without thinking, ran to the keyboard.
I bet my post gets more responses than yours did!! Are you Kidding me?? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Yuck- sorry if anyone likes it. Come on guy's respond to Foggy's thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:19 pm

By the way...I just checked: that lovely purple sold out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Uhhh....Does it display the time? Well, it is in the general shape of a watch.

What happens when interior designers are left alone to make a watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:25 pm

This is just one example of why I stopped buying Renato. All of their latest designs are reminisce of shoving 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:21 am

A bomb dun blowed up on that thing.
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:51 am

Are you guys nuts? That is one awesome watch! I can't believe you can't appreciate the complexity of its presentation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:54 am

I remember the original thread-that thing still does'nt do anything for me-kind of plain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:43 am

Artist, just a friggin artist!! the guy is a master of the dial!!! Are you Kidding me?? Icon_clown what in the hell has he been smokin or better yet some high-end maker that he is just coping again!!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:51 am

Aww dang ...the purple sold out!!?? Do they still have pink? That's just wrong.........

Are you Kidding me?? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:13 am

. . . we are very clearly out of step with the trends guys.

I mean, how can we be the only ones that are not running to the computer, using automated ordering . . . ..

What? sold out the purple?? See. We missed out. Now we'll have to wait until the people that got one sober up and dump them for $50 on Craig's List . . . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you Kidding me??   Are you Kidding me?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you Kidding me??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: