The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Empty
PostSubject: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Original
Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. 93011 stock photo

Mine. I've been wanting to do this for awhile and like it better now. My wife got this red dial for me a couple years ago and didn't know I had the white dial from several years before.

Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. IMG_1148

Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. IMG_1151

Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. IMG_1157
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Man, I have looked a few times...

...what did you do? Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_scratch

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Ron, buddy, pal...you OK Bro? I have looked over and over and don't see anything different from El Stocko!!! Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Mom always told me if I didn't quit abusing myself that I'd go blind....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:24 pm

The original bracelet starts at 22mm at the clasp and where it meets the lugs is 30mm, I milled the sides to be 22mm all around.
Gives a whole new feel to the watch and glad I did it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Wow...now that you point it out, that's pretty friggin' cool....

So is that fact that you did such a great job, nobody noticed!

Last edited by 25or6to4 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:26 pm

now I wish the lug bolts were flush and not sticking out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:27 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
The original bracelet starts at 22mm at the clasp and where it meets the lugs is 30mm, I milled the sides to be 22mm all around.

Ah, now I see said the blind man! I guess your comment about a red dial threw me off. Can you point that out to me also??? I guess 25's Mom was right!!!! Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:29 pm

[quote="bodypeersur1"]
barnbuilder1 wrote:

Ah, now I see said the blind man! I guess your comment about a red dial threw me off. Can you point that out to me also??? I guess 25's Mom was right!!!! Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Affraid I will say the lug bolts stand out more since you altered the bracelet.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:48 pm

I see Ron ! Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_smile Nice job there sir. At first I didn't see it either.
However, then I compared your pictures to the original ! I can
see where that would be alot more comfortable now. Great
work, great watch, and great pictures too !

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:55 pm

See it NOW...cool!

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Great job Ron, I didn't notice either until you pointed it out. That's a compliment from all of us when it looks stock. I happen to like the lug bolts raised, it adds to the overall toughness I think anyway. Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:27 pm

I was as confused as everyone else, I thought I went color blind. I tried real hard to see a red dial and it scared the crap out of me that it was still black.
You did a great job on the bracelet Ron, I actually like the lug bolts sticking out like they do. Looks like a real tough watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:19 pm

I was looking for a different dial too Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_rolleyes Nice machine work Ron. I would have effed it up royaly.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:42 pm

Hey Ron...You been millin' around again??? Super Job . That had to take some time and patience to do! That's it. I am hiring you as my personal watchmaker fixer-upper guy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:32 am

. . . . I was afraid to guess earlier. I took the low road and waited.

Now that the secret is out, I'm obviously impressed. So well done it is imperceptable from the stock shot. Your mind is ahead of mine . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:41 am

Think there is a flash of red in the middle of the dial! The milling work is just amazing, if you can pull that off there is nothing you cant do with a watch!! Very talented man and we are lucky to have him!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:11 am

cali kid wrote:
Think there is a flash of red in the middle of the dial! The milling work is just amazing, if you can pull that off there is nothing you cant do with a watch!! Very talented man and we are lucky to have him!!

I agree, you need special skills and tools of which I have neither.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:27 am

Thanks guys.
sorry, I wasn't trying to have a mystery here, I was just saying that I have two of these watches, one I bought and one I got from my wife as a gift.

Here is a better shot of the red dial and my other white dial with the bracelet at 30mm at the lugs.

Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. DSC05544
Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. DSC02346
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:49 am

barnbuilder1 wrote:

Cool Ron! Looks great!
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Looks very cool.
You are very talented. I would never be able to do that, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:51 am

Awesome job Ron.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:58 am

Thanks guys, I love working on watches.

I did another project for someone tonight but you will have to wait until that person shows it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.   Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gave my Reactor some shop time this morning.
Page 1 of 1