The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Empty
PostSubject: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:39 pm

So just got it, im not a great reviewer so ill give initial impressions

-Was very HEAVY, like 30 lbs

-Outer box had some damage, guessing from UPS

-After opening I gave it a look over and it does look very nice. There were a few odd scuffs/looks like fingerprints but dont seem to wipe off on one side that ill see if they come out and also when you pull the drawers out, they are finished all the way around but on mine there are a few weird ripples in the outer finish on the backside of the drawers. Cant see unless you pull drawers out etc but nonetheless looks like they did a hasty job there. Since they arent readily visible, not sure its worth returning over.

-I remember JIM saying that you wont believe who made this and their name is all over it etc and "I cant say it on air", well on the documentation that comes with it, it says Thomas Pacconi,,,,,,,No clue who that is, likely some SNBC shill. Oh well, certainly not Wolf, Orbita etc...lol..nothing to make me excited over.

-ALso the presentation said that the bottoms were well padded etc so as not to scratch your fine furniture, well must not be too good as i scratched our brand new bedroom furniture with it....F'n A!!!! Had to do a little sharpie black marker fix....Ghetto, but worked!

-Documentation totally sucks, tells you what the 5 programs are but what would be helpful is to know how many revolutions per day each equates to so that I know im winding the pieces enough as most require 650-800 per day. Also it says it has a 90 day warranty which requires a $7.95 handling fee. Then says that if after the 90 days and its out of warranty, the instructions are the same except its a $9.95 fee. Is that right? Seems like very reasonable if true, unless they also hit you with repair fees etc beyond that?? Again the doc isnt clear. They do give you contact info incl phone number for help etc though which is great.

-I will say that when plugging in and turning on, so far its amazingly quiet and smooth on the gears. Hopefully it stays that way.

- Smells like all HELL when you open it, must need to air out i guess

-The watches stay very very well in place both in the cubbies and on the winder which i was worried about. Since my wrist is smaller many of my watches i was only able to close one end of the bracelet around the pillow as they dont have alot of give, likely what keeps them secure in the cubbies.

-Drawers pull smoothly etc, hardware seems nice.

-I am very happy in that even the biggest watches i have do indeed fit both in the top under the glass as well as in the drawer without either hitting the glass or scraping the top of the bezel when closing the drawer....That i am happy about as its a pet peeve from my other box.

-I have some Anonimos and SAN3 on the winders now that were totally dead, gave em a shake and will let run all day and see how charged they get. Since one is a Power reserve I should be able to see easily how full it gets.

- The real test will come after i let these rip on the winder for a while and see how well that does!!!

- I didnt get a pic of the botom drawer interior, but I do like it, have my few rings in there, a few watches and straps etc...Very nice.

-Overall is it a perfect work of art? NO, Is it very very nice and seem like better quality then most of whats out there? YES. Am i happy with it as a sub $200 purchase after %5 back from Mr Rebates? YES, So FAR. How the winders do will be the final factor as to whether I keep it or it goes back!!!

SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP 4311695897_d9ced59b45_b
SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP 4312450628_c1fce738d0_b
SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP 4311719765_366fd37eba_b
SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP 4311736943_7dcced89bd_b
SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP 4311740681_75f28b729d_b
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Just a word of caution.
A watch winder is not meant to actually WIND your watches from a minimal PR to a full wind.
Rather thay are designed to maintain a fully wound watch so that it doesn't run down.
Don't get upset if the waches you gave a shake to get them going die on the winder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:54 pm

DAYUM!

Did it come with all those awesome watches??????? I wish I had bought one. I saw your initial post when you first bought it and switched over to have a look. Very nice looking winder. Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Very good, HONEST, review Eric...Thanks!

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Excellent review. Almost makes me want one. Gotta resist........look at watches instead......yeah, that works.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:01 pm

i thought the same thing about winders not winding them, but Sean over at WF said that his do??? Is that not correct? He said he can give them a shake and stick em on and away they go. Really if its winding all day how is that diff then wearing it all day?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 pm

I bought two of the four-drawer watch towers that came up recently...$99 each. Got 'em both in, and both are solidly made and have no problems. did notice that the inside of the front doors wasn't finished as well as the exterior, but not a returnable offense...

FYI, Thomas Pacconi is the company that makes/supplies Shop with a lot of the Christmas stuff they sell, from revolving trees to ornaments.....

http://www.shopnbc.com/SearchM/Default.aspx?page=LIST&free_text=pacconi∝=Thomas%20Pacconi%20Classics|2167&catprop=2167&cm_re=NAV-_-Thomas%20Pacconi%20Classics-_-N
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:09 pm

tried calling the Cust Care number they included for a question....IT WAS DISCONNECTED.......NO SHIT TRIED IT A FEW TIMES
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm

ericf4 wrote:
i thought the same thing about winders not winding them, but Sean over at WF said that his do??? Is that not correct? He said he can give them a shake and stick em on and away they go. Really if its winding all day how is that diff then wearing it all day?

Just stating what I have heard many times over the years.
Before I wear my watches I fully wind them.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:20 pm

yeah ive heard the same from old JS.....well see i guess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Word of advice....dont sell the Cloud Chaser!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:33 pm

ericf4 wrote:
tried calling the Cust Care number they included for a question....IT WAS DISCONNECTED.......NO SHIT TRIED IT A FEW TIMES

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Jupiter/thomas-pacconi-classics-inc-6258538.aspx

"was incorporated on Wednesday, September 20, 1995 in the State of FL and is currently not active."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:37 pm

cski wrote:
ericf4 wrote:

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Jupiter/thomas-pacconi-classics-inc-6258538.aspx

"was incorporated on Wednesday, September 20, 1995 in the State of FL and is currently not active."

Wow....I really, really hate to throw more fuel to any latent conspiracy theories.........

But anyone notice how close this SNBC vendor is to yet another SNBC vendor in Hollywood, Florida?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:40 pm

25or6to4 wrote:
cski wrote:
ericf4 wrote:

Wow....I really, really hate to throw more fuel to any latent conspiracy theories.........

But anyone notice how close this SNBC vendor is to yet another SNBC vendor in Hollywood, Florida?

I was thinking the very same thing...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:51 pm

Nice, eric! FWIW, when i used my winders i tested it with a PR watch. If it was dead from the start, it would be wound about 1/4 power. If full before the start, it would be kept between 1/2 - 3/4 full power. but that wasn't a programmable winder, just the cheap ones you see on the bay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Nice review Eric, thanks for the pics also. That looks like a great deal if the Winders do their job.
Back to top Go down
loosecannon
Associate

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:11 am

great job eric i think you been reviewing like a pro you sure thats your first one? well either way i was going to get it but will wait to see how it works for you winding the watches than i'll buy.thanks for a good review.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 am

Extremely detailed review Eric !!! From your pictures it looks
well made and VERY nice. The finish seems well done on the
wood. Also there definitely is a bunch of room in there too.
Let us know how the winders work out and congratulations
sir ! SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_biggrin

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP   SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SICURO 3 Watch Winder and 24 SLot Box from SLOP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: