The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I cannot stand copies like this

Go down 
+6
pacifichrono
ericf4
Anomaly
TVDinner
andrema
PoliMalaka
10 posters
AuthorMessage
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

I cannot stand copies like this Empty
PostSubject: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Absolutely disgusting.

This is a great Citizen desgin that Invicta took a dump on with their logo.

I cannot stand copies like this Invicta

The Citizen

I cannot stand copies like this Bj7000-52e-b
I cannot stand copies like this ?action=view&current=invicta
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:21 pm

it not that close of a copy!! I cannot stand copies like this Icon_wink.......

Damn citizen coping invicta like that!! I cannot stand copies like this 744742 I cannot stand copies like this 744742
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Come on Poli...the hands are totally different!!! I cannot stand copies like this Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:35 pm

If you look very closely you will notice that.......the names on the dial are slightly different.

That and the ECO DRIVE INSIDE, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 pm

missed the "invicta took a dump their the logo"" the first time around!! That my sir is friggin priceless!! I cannot stand copies like this 744742 I cannot stand copies like this 744742 I cannot stand copies like this 500253 I cannot stand copies like this 500253 I cannot stand copies like this 744742 I cannot stand copies like this 744742
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Blatant copy for sure....

But let me play the DEVIL'S ADVOCATE. I am more accepting of this? Are you?

I cannot stand copies like this Ocean7_lm7_full

I cannot stand copies like this Omega-seamaster-ploprof-2009-watch

Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:39 pm

both companies need to be hung by their testicles and force fed cabbage blart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:41 pm

. .c'mon. The 24 hand is different. I mean, whaddya want here . . .???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Blatant copy for sure....

But let me play the DEVIL'S ADVOCATE. I am more accepting of this? Are you?

I cannot stand copies like this Ocean7_lm7_full

I cannot stand copies like this Omega-seamaster-ploprof-2009-watch

This is a true Homage of a watch the has been out of production for years! I was just corrected on WUS and Omega had planned to bring it out of retirement before O7 made the LM-7 but no less theirs was at market a good two years before Omegas return! I'm good with this one and if anybody has one and wants to let it go please pm me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:55 pm

the Invicta has the feel of a tin can clanking on your wrist, pretty sure the Citizen doesn't
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:07 pm

all joking aside - almost all watches are a homage to other watches that came before them I guess.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:09 pm

I don't mind an Oh-mahzsh or Homij. By in order to do one properly, you typically need to copy a watch that is of some horological significance. The Citizen is not. Therefore Invicta just stole the design and is not trying to respectfully nod to Citizen.

Thanks my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Period
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm OK with the Invicta "clone." I just think it's tacky. It will only appeal to noobs unaware of the Citizen original. It's not like Invicta will price their copy at 10% of the original, like most homages. Although, maybe on a Shop clearance show... I cannot stand copies like this Affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 pm

I'm with Poli on this one. A homage should rip off something that has some history.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:19 pm

What's the difference. They are both homages.
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:44 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
the Invicta has the feel of a tin can clanking on your wrist, pretty sure the Citizen doesn't

Most citizens feel that way to me, too.
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:29 am

Copies, homages, or whatever you want to call them don't really bother me. I'm not sure why you'd copy a Citizen design, though, as the "original" is not at a price point that is out of reach for most.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:44 am

ramirez1970 wrote:
Copies, homages, or whatever you want to call them don't really bother me. I'm not sure why you'd copy a Citizen design, though, as the "original" is not at a price point that is out of reach for most.
Exactly!!!! Stupid Inflicta
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 am

I never liked one thing about that Omega/O7 - until I saw AO's on the wrist. Something just clicked and I love that watch now!

How old is that Invicta, is it pretty new? Invicta has borrowed from just about every other brand, may as well include citizen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:29 am

I'm thinking they were released in 09 Andrew. I think they were on SNBC last year, I remember guys posting them in WUS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:07 am

SynMike wrote:
barnbuilder1 wrote:

Most citizens feel that way to me, too.

I happen to have this one as a gift. gift priceless, but the watch is the only Invicta that I've held where the bracelet felt like a tin can, I was surprised, they usually make them good
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:16 am

I wonder if the Invicta feels like a tin can because they were copying the feel and weight of the original. Or perhaps its just a poor copy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:02 am

Never held the invicta but did check out the citizen once, not a bad watch! I always wonder why the copy of a citizen or the watch that almost looks like an orange monster!! I can see the pro divers that give you the look of a rolex. or the square corduba giving the bell&ross look and even the pro diver offshore that looks alot like the omega planet ocean but copies of watches that sell for under 300 bucks from the original brand doesnt make much sense to me! But the people building them or having them built are alot smarter than me so i'm sure they know what their doing!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:06 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
Absolutely disgusting.

This is a great Citizen desgin that Invicta took a dump on with their logo.

I cannot stand copies like this Invicta

The Citizen

I cannot stand copies like this Bj7000-52e-b
I cannot stand copies like this ?action=view&current=invicta

Man those are incredibly different. Just for one example, the outer scale on the Citizen is functional and accurate while the one on the Invicta are wrong and will give you the wrong math answer!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Docrwm wrote:

Man those are incredibly different. Just for one example, the outer scale on the Citizen is functional and accurate while the one on the Invicta are wrong and will give you the wrong math answer!
I cannot stand copies like this Lol
Back to top Go down
Noisy Nova
Associate
Noisy Nova

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Anything with Invicta on the dial is already wrong!

So, my 5c worth. I cannot stand copies like this Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I cannot stand copies like this   I cannot stand copies like this Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I cannot stand copies like this
Page 1 of 1