The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bezel addiction

Go down 
+2
AtomicTom
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:01 am

When looking into a new watch, I rarely go for one that doesn't have some kind of functional bezel (diver, tachy, whatever.) There are plenty of amazing watches out there that I overlook just because I feel like it's missing something.

Looking at case design only take, for example...
Bezel addiction 4310853749_30403247d4

Just looks too dressy to me, but I wish it wasn't so... Anyone else have this problem? Am I just sports watch obsessed and how do I overcome it???
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:05 am

My MAIN attraction to this watch was ALWAYS its bezel, very unique and recognizable...

Bezel addiction SW6

Bezel addiction SW5

Last edited by Anomaly on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:10 am

I like a really nice bezel. I am finding that bidirectional ones are far more functional for me in real use above the waves. Prefer black or Pepsi ones. The SS ones on the Monsters are fine but I really like the Pepsi on my 009 and my new 6309.
Back to top Go down

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:17 am

Bitchen Bezels are Best.

Most of mine have "working" bezels. Chronos and divers.
Back to top Go down

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:26 am

Is that the same watch I sent to you via a link Andrew? I sure like it.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:23 am

You are definitely on to something FD ! The bezel on a watch
does seem to make a statement. It's one of the first things
your eyes will to go to and first impressions can be important.
A nice bezel gives a watch character ! Whether we use them
or not it's still an interesting as well as a fun part of a watch ! Bezel addiction Icon_smile

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:28 am

Bezel is a big part of the watch but the case is probably the most important of the watch for me
Back to top Go down

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:32 am

., . . definately affected by the bezel design on a watch.

Particularily drawn to how the edge is cut. I do like dress watches a ton as well though . . . . like coin edging and multi stepped finishes on them.
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:39 am

FreeDive wrote:
When looking into a new watch, I rarely go for one that doesn't have some kind of functional bezel ... Am I just sports watch obsessed and how do I overcome it???

There are some watches that are not dressy but without a bezel. Here are some of mine. Would anything like these suit you? Or is the lack of bezel on these just a show stopper?

Bezel addiction IMG_1828
Bezel addiction IMG_1410
Bezel addiction IMG_1370
Bezel addiction IMG_2907
Bezel addiction IMG_1176
Bezel addiction IMG_1183
Back to top Go down

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:17 am

think the pilots look great without anything on the bezel, most likely hamilton put the tachy on the dial so it wouldnt look so much like a speedmaster!! great pics mike
Back to top Go down

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 am

FreeDive wrote:
When looking into a new watch, I rarely go for one that doesn't have some kind of functional bezel (diver, tachy, whatever.) There are plenty of amazing watches out there that I overlook just because I feel like it's missing something.

Looking at case design only take, for example...
Bezel addiction 4310853749_30403247d4

Just looks too dressy to me, but I wish it wasn't so... Anyone else have this problem? Am I just sports watch obsessed and how do I overcome it???

I have this exact watch on a strap, but have also seen it on a relatively chunky Watchadoo bracelet...you'd be surprised how that changes its character.

http://watchgeeks.net/showthread.php?t=3405&highlight=hamilton+watchadoo

I like an interesting bezel...but like anything else, they can get boring thru repetition.....
Back to top Go down

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:29 am

I like this one Bezel addiction Ollech&WajsToledo

but definitely prefer this one Bezel addiction Ollech&WajsMirageC

Bezels can definitely make a break a watch for me. No offense to our Breitling Brothers here but the Bezels on the Breitlings are one of the main turn offs, and for a couple models the only turn off, for those watches. Too industrial-blingy with all the screw heads and such. Rather have it without the bezel - and I do own 3 7750s with no bezel and like each of them a good bit Wink
Back to top Go down

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:17 am

I really don't have a preference; most of mine have some sort of functional bezel but I have a few without that are pretty cool as well:

Bezel addiction 24hr1
Bezel addiction Invictapanda2
Bezel addiction Paint10

Then there's over-bezeled...I have no idea how to use this bezel set up, but it's a killer watch:
Bezel addiction IMG_0926
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:48 am

Very cool thread..thanks guys.

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:12 am

Don - yep, same watch. It was the quickest example I could find and I really like it.

Doc - I agree - the first one looked nice, but once I saw the one with the bezel it was game over!

SynMike - Those are all fantastic dials, and overall I'd say I like the watches! But when it comes to me picking one out, yeah at this point the lack of a bezz would be a dealbreaker. I think I need to just try some on and see if i can get over it....

I should add here that I do have a few watches without function bezels that I like:
Bezel addiction DSC03834
Bezel addiction Seiko5009
Bezel addiction Contest001

But for the most part the ones i look for now all seem to have the diver bezel and I don't wanna limit myself to just that one look.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:20 am

Now, this one don't have a functioning bezel, but its got some SANDWICH LOVE!

Bezel addiction J

Bezel addiction K

Senior Associate
ericf4

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:04 pm

i generally just try to stay away from HIGH Polish bezels as they always pick up small hairline scratches etc from just about anything
Back to top Go down

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:22 pm

I prefer watches with functional bezels also but I have quite a few without them.

Bezel addiction Picture189-1

Bezel addiction Watches019

Bezel addiction Watches062

Bezel addiction Watches018-1

Bezel addiction IMGA0476_edited

Bezel addiction IMGA0466

Bezel addiction IMGA0468

Last edited by bodypeersur1 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:51 pm

My watches without:
Bezel addiction Dscn0976p
Bezel addiction Dscn2254q
Bezel addiction Dscn2145h
Bezel addiction Dscn0671hdt
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Anomaly wrote:
My MAIN attraction to this watch was ALWAYS its bezel, very unique and recognizable...

Bezel addiction SW6

Bezel addiction SW5

Is that Titanium or Stainless Steel. That is the Breitling I want. Avenger SeaWolf
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:44 pm

Oh by the way, I choose the Red pill.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:44 pm

Breez wrote:

Good choice...

...and it's stainless, Ti is TOO light IMO.

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Breez wrote:

Good choice...

...and it's stainless, Ti is TOO light IMO.

You aren't alone, I find Ti to be too light and it can look like plastic.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:33 am

I agree, TOOOOOOOO light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bezel addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezel addiction   Bezel addiction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bezel addiction
Page 1 of 1