The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Movado Series 800 Chrono....

Go down 
+2
PoliMalaka
sixtysix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Empty
PostSubject: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:14 pm

I have been looking at these for a couple years (really since they came out) in the jewelry stores, but the price made it hard to even try one on. I had some Kay's Christmas bucks to use up, there was a sale and an extra coupon, so it at least made the price reasonable. (I have seen it for a few $$ less on deal of the day sites though.) I know, Movado is considered a fashion brand by most, but they do have a few models I like. They actually have a rich watchmaking history....but the concentration on the well known quartz 'Museum' model has tarnished that image. Here are the specs and a few pictures, shots are not so good, dial is hard to get photo inside with my lighting. Give it your worst, Movado bashing is so hot right now...Movado bashing.

•Black Dial with Engraved Wave Pattern
•Battery Operated Swiss Quartz Movement
•2 Year Warranty
•Stainless Steel Case (polished and brushed)
•Black ThermoResin Rubber Strap
•Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal
•200 Meters / 660 Feet Water Resistant
•47mm Case, (54mm long, 13mm height, 24mm strap adjustable to 8.5")
•Deployment Buckle
•120 click Uni-Directional Rotating Diver's Bezel
•Luminescent Hands & Markers
•Screw Down Crown & Case Back

Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Movado800006

Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Movado800009

Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Movado800010

Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Movado800013

Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Movado800014

Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Movado800019

Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Movado800021

Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Movado800026

Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Movado800028
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:40 pm

I like some of Movado's watches. It is like you say though. THE PRICE! For what you get I can't justify the money. I believe they are quality pieces but they want to much for them. I like the one you have here. I probably wouldn't pay what they want for them even on the daily deal price. That red arrow on the crown is the one thing on that watch they should have saved themselves the trouble on and left it off. I don't know what you paid but if you are happy with it that is what counts no matter price or brand is JMHO.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:54 pm

KILLER!! Love the loom and the hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:04 pm

I like the watch alot, and the caseback is really cool. That's my favorite Movado, because it's so different than their others, altough some of their old Vizio models were nice too.

Good for you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:12 pm

. . . no bash here. Very good looking watch. Killer loom, nice dial work, dig the hands . . . . Congrats on a new one!!!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Dale wrote:
I like some of Movado's watches. It is like you say though. THE PRICE! For what you get I can't justify the money. I believe they are quality pieces but they want to much for them. I like the one you have here. I probably wouldn't pay what they want for them even on the daily deal price. That red arrow on the crown is the one thing on that watch they should have saved themselves the trouble on and left it off. I don't know what you paid but if you are happy with it that is what counts no matter price or brand is JMHO.

I am not sure what the red arrow is for, maybe to remind you to check and make sure it's screwed down before you go in the water? Or even worse, they think the average customer is so stupid that they have no idea how a screw down crown works, so the arrow tells them to turn it....oh yeah thats it. I am happy so far.....I paid less than half the $1200 Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_eek MSRP.....I have seen tons of these on deal of the day sites, I don't think they were a hot seller.

Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:48 pm

NICE pick up!

Cool dial...

COOL case back...

Dig the rubber strap!

Congrats!

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Not a Movado fan but I like that one. Some Omega influence in the hands and dial?
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Can't blame you one bit. Congrats!
Some of these were as low a 400 over the holidays.

The 800 Chrono is the ONLY Movado that ever spoke to me.
As such, I have 2 on the bracelet w/Black and Yellow dials.

Shame the bracelet/rubber straps are not interchangeable.
Particularly like the execution of the rubber integration on the bezel.
Also love the flying saucer case contours underneath.
Lume is absolutely KILLER.
Lots to like about this solid sports watch.

Enjoy and welcome to the 800 Club
Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Movado800_001_jaw-vi
Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Movado800_001b_jaw-vi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:43 pm

I like this watch a lot.....The Watchery had a great deal on the orange dial/bracelet combo during the holidays.......I'm still kicking myself for not saying "screw it," and buying it....
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:27 pm

I honestly can't say anything bad about this Movado ! Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_smile
The wave textured dial alone is worth the price of admission
in my opinion. I like how the 12 o'clock position has the
signature Movado dot there and the lume is INCREDIBLE
too ! The hands look extra awesome as well. There is
a super cool case and case back. Along with tough
looking strap as well. Figure in your good price for it
all, and you have a REAL winner ! Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_biggrin Congrats Gary..
Enjoy !

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:17 pm

jaw wrote:
Enjoy and welcome to the 800 Club

Well thanks! I really like the yellow dial too!! (Great photos BTW)

And thanks to the rest of you for all the great comments....I am glad I picked this one up!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 pm

All other things aside - the proprietary bracelet/strap attachment is a deal killer for me.
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Very nice. Aside from the Kingmatic chrono, that is my favorite Movado.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:07 am

Nice looking watch with some cool lume! enjoy it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:52 am

Awesome looking watch, I didn't think that Movado made designs like this. I guess I should looking at the brand a little more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movado Series 800 Chrono....   Movado Series 800 Chrono.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movado Series 800 Chrono....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: