The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

omega service

Go down 
+2
sixtysix
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

omega service Empty
PostSubject: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:40 pm

I sent my po out under warranty months ago.the main spring broke.I got it back, but the crown,tube and gears were torn up.So back it went.It arrived today after passing omegas check lists and guess what.Yep, besides winding rough, when the crown was threaded down the frigging tube came out again.Jared wants to send it back to the same center and refuses to send it to the la center.Well I'm picking it up in the morning and shipping it myself along with the previous repair orders and get it fixed right.lucky its under warranty.I'm pretty pissed that each time it comes back its in worse condition.Somebodys smoking crack in NJ.
Back to top Go down

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 pm

. . . sucks. Proves your point though, from a prior disputed statement . . . omega service Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:50 pm

I would be LOSING it!

Sorry man, hope the West coast office does better by ya!

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:14 pm

I am losing it.This was my go to watch.The one that went everywhere because it never had issues.Now its nothing but issues.I'm pretty sure its the nj centers fault.most complaints are with that one swatch center only.I took photos of this before it was sent.the ticket that came back saying that it was serviced also stated that it had scratches on the bezel and scratches and dings on the case.When I looked at it, they're wasn't a mark on it.Wonder who wrote that crap.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 pm

That really sucks....I would be so pissed I would be calling someone there everyday!! Hope it all works out for you Sean.

omega service Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:26 pm

Guess it's goin around.
Bout to send mine out for the "slow start" from empty reserve issue.
But mine is goin to Kentucky!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:19 am

Quality controls? Where? From HMLV to Swatch, they're all sucking.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:33 am

I hope I never need service. This sounds horrible!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:41 am

smellody wrote:
I hope I never need service. This sounds horrible!

My heart actually sank when I realized it.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:09 am

That sounds like a real nightmare Sean ! This is REALLY upsetting, especially
when all you needed was a main spring and then have to deal with multiple problems
like this. I hope everything eventually works out for you ! Please keep us posted
on this !

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:56 am

Man, that really sucks. Very frustrating going through crap like that, especially on an Omega.
Back to top Go down

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:46 am

Thats the surprise.There were some limited posts on wus and wtf about the 2500 coaxial in the planet ocean.I owned 4 and never had a problem then it craps on the winder.I have the number to the center and will call it when I'm calm.I find that works best.But most of the complaints center around the main spring.maybe a problem with the autowinding system?you pull the caseback off and look at the movement while its running and see that the main spring barrel is frigging skipping.
I'm the last person to have anything negative to say about omega but damn.2 times in a row?I have alot of watches but 2500.00 in a dead watch hurts my wallet also.its worth zero while its broke.I'll post the check sheets in the morning.apparently they didn't really follow the list.
Back to top Go down

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:48 am

somebody make me a signature pic for my broken watch.I'll keep it on until its repaired.
Back to top Go down

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm still fighting NOT to send the Oris in... I'm missing a screw and they won't just send me one... If I break down and do it, I'll be STEAMING if it comes back in worse shape than when I sent it. Good luck, man.
Back to top Go down

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:16 pm

If you were a PO would you want to shovel you're way through the snow to the service center or just sit on the beach in sunny California??? Just like the milk commercials happy cows live in California!! Sean you're PO will be in great hands out here, we could have Tim check on it or even send Tom up from San Deigo!! omega service Icon_sunny How about your boy Rob at Toppers, he could call down to LA and tell them you are a major customer of Omega products!
Back to top Go down

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:52 pm

I picked this up and sent it to rob.I gave rob the swatch work order number.Now it gets interesting.I dropped this off in oct. jareds wrote out the cosmetic condition.no marks, no scratches, clean crystal.jareds calls in november telling me that parts are on back order and I should get the watch back mid January.
I call them mid January and my watch is back.While at the store and checking it out, then finding that the crown is bad, they write up another work order and send it back.Since it was still not fixed, I brought this home.While getting it ready to ship to rob,I notice that the ar coating is scratched to hell and so is the caseback.I sent rob the paper work and the watch.Rob sent the swatch work order to the la center who sent some interesting info back.The service center takes high rez photos before repairing the watch. from the 1st repair, theres no marks on the crystal and that is stated by the service center.The 2nd photo was from the 2nd trip to service and that one shows the ar scratches.also there was a one month delay between the 1st and the last one.rob asked if I had the watch after the 1st service.well no I didn't. Jareds had this and I refused the watch.while the la center will repair the watch,I'll most likely have to pay for the crystal even though it was jareds that did the damage.At this point I can't contact jareds until the la center finishes my watch.Then I can go after jareds for the cost of the parts they themselves damaged.
Back to top Go down

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:57 pm

cali kid wrote:
If you were a PO would you want to shovel you're way through the snow to the service center or just sit on the beach in sunny California??? Just like the milk commercials happy cows live in California!! Sean you're PO will be in great hands out here, we could have Tim check on it or even send Tom up from San Deigo!! omega service Icon_sunny How about your boy Rob at Toppers, he could call down to LA and tell them you are a major customer of Omega products!

Filmed in New Zealand! What a crock.

Yep. Hell, right now one of my Tutimas is sitting around at the AD's waiting for a part coming from Deutschland.
Back to top Go down

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:10 pm

thats where it went.to rob at toppers.I've bought most of my watches from rob.Hes a true wis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

omega service Empty
PostSubject: Re: omega service   omega service Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

omega service
Page 1 of 1