The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Empty
PostSubject: How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve   How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:01 pm

I found this out on the net and wanted to pass it along:

How to read a Seiko SKA Power Reserve

The PR button is standard with all Seiko Kinetics with the 5M-series caliber. It’s not a very accurate means of gauging the reserve power of its internal rechargeable lithium ion cell (not to be confused with a capacitor). Seiko’s recommended procedure to check the remaining power is to wait for the second hand to point to 12 o’clock and push the PR button.
The reserve power is measured by the how far the watch’s second hand moves in an arc. Depending on the amount of remaining power, the second hand will swing to the 5, 10, 20 and 30 second mark. If the watch has between 75%-100% worth of power, the second will swing 180 degrees to the 30-second marker.
The second hand will freeze momentarily until the time catches up and the hand will resume its normal timekeeping. You can only press the PR button twice until second hand starts ticking
At full charge, the internal storage cell will power the SKA013P for six months. The diagram below clearly illustrates how to read the watch’s power reserve.
How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Power10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve   How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm

. . . mine is yet to move any more than 10 seconds. Even after 3 or 4 days of wear. It has the 5M62 in it. . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve   How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:10 pm

I was mistaken - my 20 seconds is about 1 month - not 5 maybe I was thinking weeks How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Suspect ; yeah that's it.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wear mine until it reaches the 6 mos mark.

Poor me. How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve   How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:12 pm

randyswagon wrote:
. . . mine is yet to move any more than 10 seconds. Even after 3 or 4 days of wear. It has the 5M62 in it. . .

The rotor is very efficient at converting movement to energy, pick it up and shake it for 5 minutes and then give it a test.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve   How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:16 pm

I JUST learned about this with my new SKA383P1 today (and was going to post the same info on my site also today, lol).

My SKA383P1 is showing at the 20 second marker for power reserve, which is 1 month, but I have not worn it for more then one day yet, so it must have come charged up somehow.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve   How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks for that info. I was wondering how that worked!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve   How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:03 am

This power reserve feature, as well as the Kinetic movement
itself is just RIDICULOUSLY good ! How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Icon_cheers It's an extra special
kind of technology IMHO !..Thanks for that info !

PostSubject: Re: How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve   How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to read a Seiko SKA power reserve
Page 1 of 1