The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Motorcity Watchworks - Link

Go down 
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Motorcity Watchworks - Link Empty
PostSubject: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:51 pm

I just noticed that we didn't have this posted! They do custom modified watches, watch repair and also sell mod parts. There are several members who have utilized them for one or all of these services and I have heard nothing but great feedback!

Motorcity watch works link: http://www.motorcitywatchworks.com/index.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Jay's a good man to deal with too; check out their services page. Great work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:20 pm

I just paid for them to bead blast my Zodiac ZO6700 today. They're scheduled to do the job next week.

Jay has been great as far as communicating with me, and I'm looking forward to receiving the finished product.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:35 pm

NICE..They seem to REALLY know their stuff ! Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_smile There are alot
of parts to choose from and I think I see The Smellody Special
dial there as well ! Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_biggrin The Services page is great too Chris !
Also..Datsun, I think your Zodiac is going to turn out great !
Thanks for the link Mark !

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Perfect! just ordered a hand set from him today and a new movement from OF.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:40 am

just ordered a ETA handset from Jay, almost went with the snowflake hands with C1 lume but went for the C3 and some plonguer in red for one of the four mods i've got going on! Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_clown
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:43 am

cali kid wrote:
just ordered a ETA handset from Jay, almost went with the snowflake hands with C1 lume but went for the C3 and some plonguer in red for one of the four mods i've got going on! Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_clown
Trevor...you are turning into the newest member of the Mod Squad!

Which one are you anyways...
Motorcity Watchworks - Link Modsqu10

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:46 am

i just try not to ruin another watch, that's my main goal! Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_clown
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:50 am

im sending jay a watch to bead blast and put some new plongeur hands on tomorrow. i will post pics of before and after when its done. steve
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:39 am

VERY cool to have MCWW here!

Looking forward to seeing all your stuff !

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Jay's great. Superior communication, work, and ethics. In bead blasting my OM he noted that the hands were different than normal from other's he had worked with - contacted me and asked if I wanted them to stay (they were flat) or for him to use a set of original OM glossy hands he had from a Mod he had done. He also fixed a quirk with the bezel on the OM while he had it disassembled. Add to that the fact that he kept the Tsunami Logo in High Gloss while he BB'd the rest of the case and you've got a terrific job all around AND a really thoughtful professional who asks the customer at every stage.

Motorcity Watchworks - Link OMonwrist800

Motorcity Watchworks - Link OMCasebackclosecleanedup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Jay had a nice reply for me last night and let me know my handset would go out today!!! Cant get any better than that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:34 pm

I got an email this morning showing my watch is on its way from the Motor City to the Music City.

Jay has been exceptional, and I'm glad to know that's the norm, which I expected. Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorcity Watchworks - Link   Motorcity Watchworks - Link Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorcity Watchworks - Link
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: