The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Empty
PostSubject: New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono   New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:05 am

Hello all....

I am brand new to your forum here and was hoping to ask a question even before I really even took the time to look around......

My problem is that I was just given a Zodiac Sea Dragon chronograph, I have never had a watch like this and all I got was the watch, no band,box or paperwork. I tried the Zodiac website and downloaded their PDF manual, but unless I really missed it, I was not able to find the instructions to set the alarm.

The watch has three dials and the bottom dial is for the alarm. I can get it to move to a different time by holding down the bottom pusher button, and then I can push the top button and it will beep.
I tried that and as the time came up that I thought it was set to and no alarm.

Sorry to make this my first post, I am just really frustrated. I have spent a bunch of time "googling" my problem only to get about a Zillion things other than what I am really in need of.

Thanks in advance for any and all help anyone would be willing to offer!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono   New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:08 am

First of all ... welcome to XMT!!!

There are a few Zodiac guys on the site with that same watch. They should be able to help you out!

Don't worry, we will get you the answer!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono   New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:14 am

Hi Al ! New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_smile This is Tom and although I evidently have the same watch you
are talking about, I can't find anything about the alarm function in the
manual I have ! It's weird really ! New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_cyclops The top pusher (button A) starts the
stop-second and stops it according to the manual. While the bottom pusher
(button B) resets the hands to zero positioning..With no mention of an alarm
in any of the pages !..So it seems you actually know more about the watch
than me !..Sorry ! New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_pale There are a few other guys that may be able to answer this
question better than me sir !..I'm gonna keep trying it out here as well..but
I haven't found anything about the alarm either Al !..Welcome to XMT by the
way sir..It should be FUN having you here !..ENJOY !!!! New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_cheers

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono   New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 am

We will see what we can dig up for ya Al...

...and welcome to XMT!

PostSubject: Re: New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono   New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:38 am

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, and the comments.........I appreciate all of the replies! Hopefully somebody as figured one of these jokers out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono   New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:42 am

Welcome to XMT Al! I can't believe our to Z Afficianados don't have an answer for ya! OK Tom and Alan...wussup widdat? Someone will find the info for ya. Again, welcome to the fray.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono   New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks to everyone for the help, and just for the time to reply.

I found my answer from a double cool dude on Watchseek forum

Here is a link to the thread:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=2706680#poststop

And here is the quote with the info:

Originally Posted by TNT13
It sounds like a movement I have in a few watches.

With crown in 3rd position press top button repeatedly to set alarm hands to time indicated by main time hands.

With crown in 2nd position press lower button to set desired time. Push crown in to set.

Press either button to stop alarm.

To cancel, with crown in 2nd position, press and hold bottom button until present time is shown. Push crown in.

See if that works.

The above information worked perfectly! I still could never find this in the PDF file I had, I am just glad it works so smoothly! Plus for a newbie like me it was really bitichin' to see the little dial hand go around so quick and set to the exact time. New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_scratch If you think that's sad....., You should see how happy I get when I find a shiny piece of Foil! New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_razz

All that aside......Thanks again to all, and I hope passing this along will help someone else.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono   New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Al with a Question wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the help, and just for the time to reply.

I found my answer from a double cool dude on Watchseek forum

Here is a link to the thread:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=2706680#poststop

And here is the quote with the info:

Originally Posted by TNT13
It sounds like a movement I have in a few watches.

With crown in 3rd position press top button repeatedly to set alarm hands to time indicated by main time hands.

With crown in 2nd position press lower button to set desired time. Push crown in to set.

Press either button to stop alarm.

To cancel, with crown in 2nd position, press and hold bottom button until present time is shown. Push crown in.

See if that works.

The above information worked perfectly! I still could never find this in the PDF file I had, I am just glad it works so smoothly! Plus for a newbie like me it was really bitichin' to see the little dial hand go around so quick and set to the exact time. New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_scratch If you think that's sad....., You should see how happy I get when I find a shiny piece of Foil! New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_razz

All that aside......Thanks again to all, and I hope passing this along will help someone else.

Awesome information Al !!! New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_cheers Thanks for finding this out, and sorry
I couldn't help out with this one ! I honestly never use that feature on
the watch, so it was new to me. Plus it didn't seem to be in the manual
anywhere either ! In any case, I'm glad you got it working and Thanks
again for posting those directions up sir ! New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_smile It's much appreciated !!!

PostSubject: Re: New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono   New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:09 am

Glad it helped!

Later..............
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono   New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:25 am

Glad you found instructions!

PostSubject: Re: New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono   New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Guy Looking for information on a Zodiac Chrono
Page 1 of 1