The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm awestruck!

Go down 
+6
smellody
Northwestguy
Anomaly
sixtysix
jaw
pacifichrono
10 posters
AuthorMessage
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:48 am

I just took this out of the mailbox tonight...from the Ukraine. I stripped off the black leather bund strap and mounted it on the S/S mesh band I bought for it. As soon as I got it on, I was like um...um...um... I couldn't believe the transformation. It's basically a Russian frankenwatch, melding a vintage Pobeda mechanical movement to a new cushion case and a bright repainted dial.

Does the combo work for YOU?

I'm awestruck! RC1_800

I'm awestruck! RC2_800
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:52 am

It's talkin to me PC - Very very nice.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:57 am

I does look fantastic!! Nice combo!!

I'm awestruck! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:39 am

Glad the watch arrived in good shape. I seem to recall some delays in your receiving it.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:06 am

Dude if that watch was a chic, it would be hot like this:

I'm awestruck! Angelina_jolie_070927_02

Great pics!

MESH is the new COOL!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Definitely works for me Tom! The mesh looks to be a great choice.
Back to top Go down

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Very cool piece Tom, great find!
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Looks great Tom!
Back to top Go down

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:56 pm

perfect Tom! really looks great, got to get me a mesh soon. Great case and dial too
Back to top Go down

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:22 pm

. . . Tom, that is so perfect on mesh .. . . that it had to have been done that way originally!!! Either that or you are an evil horilogical genius!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:00 pm

randyswagon wrote:
. . . Tom, that is so perfect on mesh .. . . that it had to have been done that way originally!!! Either that or you are an evil horilogical genius!!!!!!!!!!!
The latter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:05 pm

This IS working VERY well Tom !!!..I think the mesh is
great and it sets off the OUTSTANDING case on your new
watch ! It's like the watch was meant for a mesh bracelet
IMHO ! I'm awestruck! Icon_biggrin Then the colors on the dial, seem to bring everything
full circle too ! Honestly, the watch is EXTREMELY cool sir !
ENJOY !

Senior Associate

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:18 pm

The mesh is great but so is the notched cushion casing! overall look is blingy and fantastic!
Back to top Go down

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Liking everything about it Tom, the case, the mesh, dial colors...another super mod in the forum!!
Back to top Go down

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Tom, you got to be ex KGB! I like it alot. I think the leather band might work better for me. I'm not a big mesh fan, but that thing looks great.
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 12:35 am

Its a great combination and a unique look. Its hard to be unique without being ugly. But you achieved it with this combo.
Back to top Go down

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:52 am

Man, you pick up some pretty cool watches but this one is off the charts. Great piece.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Nice looking watch/bracelet. It would look good on a nice leather strap also, I think. The watch definitely has a military look to it but I seldom care for the Bund type straps.
Back to top Go down

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:16 pm

I'd like to sum this up.............FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Newwatchfiend wrote:
Tom, you got to be ex KGB! I like it alot. I think the leather band might work better for me. I'm not a big mesh fan, but that thing looks great.

Don't know about ex-KGB, but Tom is surely the current Head of the Watch KGB... the most awesome collection, and he's got to have "sources" to report where those great pieces are hidden away by the prolitareate.

(Sheesh, I'm sounding like AT. I'm awestruck! Icon_wink )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm awestruck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm awestruck!   I'm awestruck! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm awestruck!
Page 1 of 1