The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SO many unknown brands out there...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

SO many unknown brands out there... Empty
PostSubject: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:02 pm

PostSubject: Re: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:26 pm

. . . . the stealth look is so right now in the upper end.

Funny I was looking at the watch annual, and there is a ton in there I have never seen. Let alone the many makes that are off the radar . . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:36 pm

like the dial and lume, don't like these watches with this type of strap and connection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Hell, I'm having a hard enough time learning about the established brands let alone ones like the one above! And I'm not crazy about that design.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Pick up a copy of IW, a lot of these brands are covered in stories....really good reading.

SO many unknown brands out there... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Discovering all of these unknown brands out there is RIDICULOUSLY fun IMHO ! SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_biggrin SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_cheers
It's kind of like an adventure where something new is always around the corner.
With these Linde Werdelin's..they are spectacular and it's TERRIFIC knowing about
them if you ask me ! SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_smile I have ALWAYS liked their designs, from those industrial
looking cases to the sci-fi dials ! SO many unknown brands out there... Alien Another cool thing about knowing about these
unknown brands..is that you can show them to other people and introduce them
to something new !..The prices are probably WAY up there, but they're still NICE
to look at ! SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_cyclops

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Having gotten into the Casio Gs in the past, Seikos recent past and now Chinese vintage pieces, it is fascinating to see all the new Designs from creative minds. The other half of the watch coin is what movements are being used inside the new creatiions....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Gary is right about IW, think this brands has an ad most of the time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:46 am

don't care much about stealth look, but I've seen some LW in real life and have to say, they are pretty wonderful and also expensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:19 am

I too am having a hard time trying to stay on top of all the established lines that are out there let alone try to keep up with all the new lines that seem to keep coming out. It really is hard to stay on top of all this stuff. Like Duff, I'm not really hip on this watch either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:23 pm

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/

When it comes to Dive watches love to read Lex's stuff..
Quick read and the latest news right when you log in..

Really hard to stay up to date..so many new micro brands
along w/the established ones...

That's what makes this hobby/addiction so enjoyable..

SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_cool
Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SO many unknown brands out there...   SO many unknown brands out there... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SO many unknown brands out there...
Page 1 of 1