The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How tough is that Seiko anyway?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

How tough is that Seiko anyway? Empty
PostSubject: How tough is that Seiko anyway?   How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:56 am

This from a Singapore WIS site
How tough is that Seiko anyway? CIMG5466

How tough is that Seiko anyway? CIMG5493

http://www.kaskus.us/showpost.php?p=130478872&postcount=4763

Translation thanks to Music Healing:

He torture the SKX007
- he set the time equal to his Samurai

the he begin the test..
1. water resistance test
he keep the skx006 in pool at 1,7 meter deep for 35 hours
no harms done

2. freeze test
he freeze the skx007 in refrigerator for 9 hours
no harms done at all

3. suddent temperature and boil test
he suddenly boiled the ice block with skx007 to boiling state for 4-5 minutes

no harms done

4. my colleague are so happy and forget then take the watch

outh is hot, he instinctively throw the skx007 to the brick

no harms done

http://www.kaskus.us/showpost.php?p=...postcount=4763

well... at least its fun to see and share
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: How tough is that Seiko anyway?   How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 am

Did they copy that from TIMEX?

Sorry, couldn't resist How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_twisted

PostSubject: Re: How tough is that Seiko anyway?   How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Did they copy that from TIMEX?

Sorry, couldn't resist How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_twisted

Just a WIS in Singapore doing crazy stuff to his Seiko 007. I'm sure that the old Timex commercials played a role in setting the stage for this but its still fun to watch and see what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How tough is that Seiko anyway?   How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:43 pm

. . . Well, next time i get frozen into a block of ice or fall into a vat of boiling liquid . . . I hope I'm wearing my Seiko!!!! How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How tough is that Seiko anyway?   How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:48 pm

Come on doc, you can see the same crap on the invicta website!! If invicta can last and take a beating i sure as hell HOPE a seiko can!! Check it out! How tough is that Seiko anyway? Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How tough is that Seiko anyway?   How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:05 pm

cali kid wrote:
Come on doc, you can see the same crap on the invicta website!! If invicta can last and take a beating i sure as hell HOPE a seiko can!! Check it out! How tough is that Seiko anyway? Suspect

Trev,

Never said it was unique or telling - merely entertaining. As for visiting Invicta websites How tough is that Seiko anyway? 438519
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How tough is that Seiko anyway?   How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:52 pm

i never have just took JS's word about the love and torture section on the site! How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_jokercolor That might be another lil fib to sell watches! How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: How tough is that Seiko anyway?   How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Doc this is INCREDIBLE sir ! How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_smile ..On a side note..just wondering here..Does
the huge temperature change from cold to hot, hot to cold eventually cause
water condensation inside these Seikos ? Just curious about this !..Thanks !

PostSubject: Re: How tough is that Seiko anyway?   How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:51 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Doc this is INCREDIBLE sir ! How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_smile ..On a side note..just wondering here..does
water condensation inside these Seikos ? Just curious about it !..Thanks !

Good question. If there is already too much moisture inside the case then that is certainly possible. Remember that these are ISO rated 200m divers so they should be sealed against moisture intrusion under "normal" conditions but boiling does strange things to materials (expands them and contracts them as the temps change) so the gaskets may suffer. 316 SS should not suffer under the 0F to 212F range in any appreciable way.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: How tough is that Seiko anyway?   How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Docrwm wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Doc this is INCREDIBLE sir ! How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_smile ..On a side note..just wondering here..does
water condensation inside these Seikos ? Just curious about it !..Thanks !

Good question. If there is already too much moisture inside the case then that is certainly possible. Remember that these are ISO rated 200m divers so they should be sealed against moisture intrusion under "normal" conditions but boiling does strange things to materials (expands them and contracts them as the temps change) so the gaskets may suffer. 316 SS should not suffer under the 0F to 212F range in any appreciable way.

Thanks for the insight !..I know this is an EXTREME test ! How tough is that Seiko anyway? Affraid Definitely wouldn't be
trying this with just any watch, or a Seiko either..when I get one ! How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: How tough is that Seiko anyway?   How tough is that Seiko anyway? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How tough is that Seiko anyway?
Page 1 of 1