The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SCARY Basel...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:59 pm

SCARY Basel... Artya

Sculpted with an electric charge of 1,000,000 volts, the case offers the staggering perspectives of the openwork movement enveloped in the transparency of two sapphire crystals. Yvan Arpa's state-of-the-art watchmaking vision teams up with Valérien Jaquet's technical expertise to assemble, connect and fuse Tesla coil, barrel, mainspring, copper wires and electronic resistors to the sophisticated tourbillon movement.

The movement's arrangement, inspired by Tinguely's artistic approach, draws the eye's attention towards a superimposition of the components: its pierced main plate displays beveled and sandblasted bridges that emphasize the interplay that takes place between the rhodium plated gears and the red, blue and green electrical cables.

The Tesla Skeleton Tourbillon is fitted with an American cane toad skin strap. According to an ancient Amazonian legend, lightening can never harm the cane toad. Its peculiar hide, constellated with rough bumps and nodules, presents sturdy characteristics. Only a few Parisian master tanners possess the secret to adorn and embellish it.

The matt black cane toad skin straps that enhance Artya's horological creations are resistant to perspiration and UV radiations. Of course, much like the amphibian from which they originate, they are also perfectly at ease in any aquatic milieu.

The case, in stainless steel, measures 47mm and is water resistant to 50 meters. Movement is the manual-wind Concepto tourbillon caliber C-8017 with 19 jewels and a power reserve of 72 hours.

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Looks like on of my mods gone wrong!! SCARY Basel... 744742
Back to top Go down

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:07 pm

. . . . art for art's sake.
Back to top Go down

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:08 pm

All I can say is that someone forgot to take their meds.

SCARY Basel... Risperdal_family_of_drugs

BTW, is there a case cover for that watch - I'd hate to get it scratched. SCARY Basel... 744742
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

I think i just threw up a little......

SCARY Basel... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:09 pm

..perfectly at ease in any aquatic milieu...

SCARY Basel... 744742

Back to top Go down

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:23 pm

cski wrote:
..perfectly at ease in any aquatic milieu...

SCARY Basel... 744742

Should be just fine in its natural environment - the toilet. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Looks like the guy that wielded the grinding wheel on the Marina Militaire got hold of dat summabeech!
Back to top Go down

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:39 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Looks like the guy that wielded the grinding wheel on the Marina Militaire got hold of dat summabeech!

Yep, i thought the old MM held up pretty good against that grinder and slicer wheel, didnt have a chance against the roto hammer with the chisel bit!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Well it's not the most practical of watches, but..HOLY Macaroni, I haven't
seen anything like this before ! SCARY Basel... Icon_biggrin I mean we all get to enjoy the great,
normal watches every day. So when these "odd" or "strange" watches
emerge..I tend to enjoy them as well. It's not that we're going to go out
and get one. For the most part these are MEGA EXPENSIVE limited editions,
that are just for watch people to look at, talk about, and enjoy ! SCARY Basel... Icon_cyclops SCARY Basel... Alien
Plus, who's ever heard of a cane toad skin strap on a watch before ?! SCARY Basel... Icon_cheers

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 pm

I used to sell toad skin boots.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:17 pm

CLEARLY that is Tim Burton's watch.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Dude should have applied the million volts to his testes.
Back to top Go down

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:12 pm

merichar wrote:
Dude should have applied the million volts to his testes.

SCARY Basel... 744742
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:45 pm

porschefan wrote:

See Tim !..Now that's cool ! SCARY Basel... Icon_cheers ..Is that really true btw ? SCARY Basel... Suspect

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:47 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
porschefan wrote:

See Tim !..Now that's cool ! SCARY Basel... Icon_cheers ..Is that really true BTW ? SCARY Basel... Suspect

Yep. It was skin from some African toad or frog, as I recall. Was a bit too tender for cowboy boots.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 am

porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
porschefan wrote:

See Tim !..Now that's cool ! SCARY Basel... Icon_cheers ..Is that really true BTW ? SCARY Basel... Suspect

Yep. It was skin from some African toad or frog, as I recall. Was a bit too tender for cowboy boots.

Man oh man !!! This sounds VERY interesting, yet VERY comfortable !..Learning
something new every day !..Thanks ! SCARY Basel... Icon_smile

SCARY Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCARY Basel...   SCARY Basel... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCARY Basel...
Page 1 of 1