The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item Empty
PostSubject: This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item   This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am

This from a reliable source at another watch forum.......

Please understand that, if the manufacturer doesn't offer the accessories or other extras as a separate purchase, those items can't be listed on eBay without the accompanying branded product.

For a safer buying and selling experience on eBay, we don't allow listings for certain products that may be used to facilitate the sale of counterfeit items or enable fraud.

Seems you could apply that to lots of stuff... anchors, booklets, boxes, bezel protectors, polishing cloths etc Shocked Oh well at least the sale of blank papers should finally come to an end on there.
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item   This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:26 am

I respect what they are trying to do and am sure it will be reviewed on a case by case basis...

...ebay wants to sell EVERYTHING it can without getting into trouble.

PostSubject: Re: This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item   This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:53 pm

I think that pretty much anything goes... as long as nobody reports it to the administrators. I would bet that if the tags had a "buy it now" and someone bought them before the listing was reported then the sale would have gone through.

There are plenty of counterfeit items on eBay... they are only removed when reported.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item   This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Thats why i havent been able to find a glycine watch box on the bay! Used to be able to get alot of that stuff but i see why they dont want a guy with a fake watch buying a tag from you doc and a box from someone else but it kinda sucks when looking for something you need! I've bought a few watches over the years less box at one of my local watch shops, so know they are real but it would be nice to pick a box up for them! Found them all but one glycine box!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item   This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Wow..Thanks for the heads up about this ! So now when someone
wants or needs things like hang tags or watch boxes they are going
to have a little more trouble finding them !

PostSubject: Re: This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item   This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:44 am

Thank God we have ebay to protect us all from our buying experiences. Really, who needs caveat emptor with ebay standing guard. (and then reaching into your front and back pocket for their fees) This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item   This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This just in - eBay restricts sale of certain item
Page 1 of 1