The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME

Go down 
+6
pacifichrono
andrema
Anomaly
TVDinner
Northwestguy
jaw
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:30 am

jaw wrote:
Fessing up here - I'm a punk-ass. New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 91387

The Leviathan arrived today - I like it.
Essentially paid the premium to make sure I have one...now.
I know, I know...Maybe I'll do better next time.

Ok, go ahead - let me have it. New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 869119

As long as you are happy that is all that matters.

CONGRATS on your new watch. I am looking forward to seeing your pics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:57 am

Show us some PICS! The RD looks normal-sized on you, big guy! I can't wait to see how this full-pounder looks.

Congrats on the watch. You wanted it and you bought it. That's what we do...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:52 am

Hey Jaw, if you really wanted that watch that badly CONGRATZ MY BRUTHA! That's the thing about watches....it's ALL ABOUT YOU! Post up some pics Big Guy!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 am

If any one can pull off a big watch it's you.

BUT, don't buy the watch now. It'll come back on the slop for way less AND on the secondary market for even way way wayer lesser.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:11 am

PoliMalaka wrote:
If any one can pull off a big watch it's you.

BUT, don't buy the watch now. It'll come back on the slop for way less AND on the secondary market for even way way wayer lesser.

Yep...WAY WAY WAY lesser!

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 am

Never buy on the 1st airing.Wait and read all of the arrival posts and all of the my watch is dead posts.most thats been sold lately have had problems and will continue to have them.prices always drop like a rock.The 1st leviathon sold out quick and a premium was paid for them since very few were made.But this run will be huge with other versions like adding the bracelet,different quartz configurations.in 2 months its a paper weight.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:18 am

Let me step in here as ive been away a while......

DUDE GET YOUR F'n HEAD CHECKED AND SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR SOMETHING THAT DOESNT PROMOTE A COMPANY THAT CANT GIVE 2 SHITS ABOUT YOU AS A CUSTOMER>.

Whew that was cathartic........Glad to be home
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:19 am

Great advice and good to have ya back E!

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:41 am

Not knocking Eric's advise but we all look at watches on an individual basis. Some people haven't had the problems that many of us here have had with certain companies. That being said, they don't feel they are being screwed by said company. I personally have had 3 Invictas take a crap in the last 2 months. It's not worth my time and "MONEY" to send them back to where ever it is they go for repair for 6 weeks. (Yes, I sent one back and it took 6 weeks to get back) So I personally will never spend my money with that company again. Now as far as Jaw taking his head out his derriere.......BIG E, YOU BETTER FREAKIN RUN CUZ HE'S ONE BIG SUMMABEECH!!!! New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 588107 New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 744742
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:03 am

he may be big, but I am Spry.....run like the wind.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:07 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Now as far as Jaw taking his head out his derriere.......BIG E, YOU BETTER FREAKIN RUN CUZ HE'S ONE BIG SUMMABEECH!!!! New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 588107 New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 744742

I've purchased way more Invictas than I care to admit to myself, (or my wife), but I ain't sayin' NUTHIN bad about Invicta... I'm a pretty decent-sized lad, but JAWS makes me look like bait...

Nice watch, sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:50 am

ericf4 wrote:
he may be big, but I am Spry.....run like the wind.....

Hahaha, you better run like the wind Bro cuz if he catches ya.........OH BUDDY!!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Are we actually putting down Jaw for buying a watch he wanted at a time he wanted?
This seems wrong to me.

We should be happy for him, regardless of the brand, watch, or our personal experiences with them. Personally I will never purchase another watch from Invicta, but that does not mean I have to disparage Jaw's purchase now?!

Originally in this thread I gave my opinion, like others, to wait until the price dropped, based on all of our experiences with Invicta's dropping prices. BUT he has purchased the watch now, so we should not hammer him for doing that, but rather look forward to lots of pictures (and hope he has a problem free experience with this watch).

JMHO
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:59 pm

TVDinner wrote:
Are we actually putting down Jaw for buying a watch he wanted at a time he wanted?
This seems wrong to me.

We should be happy for him, regardless of the brand, watch, or our personal experiences with them. Personally I will never purchase another watch from Invicta, but that does not mean I have to disparage Jaw's purchase now?!

Originally in this thread I gave my opinion, like others, to wait until the price dropped, based on all of our experiences with Invicta's dropping prices. BUT he has purchased the watch now, so we should not hammer him for doing that, but rather look forward to lots of pictures (and hope he has a problem free experience with this watch).

JMHO

I don't think anyone is HAMMERING him...

...everyone is joking around a bit!

Jaw's a big boy (no pun intended) and I think he sees the humor. OF COURSE, if he is happy, we are happy! BRAND is not important here, just that you have a watch you are happy with!

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:03 pm

We've all known Jaws for a good while and i dont think anyone hammered him. there were alot of opinions and i think you had a few james! Buy what you like, i've owned over 100 invicta's and now have ONE, just not for me but if someone digs them thats alright, when someone doesnt like rolex (doc) or breitling i just take that as their opinion and from the OP i think he was asking for our opinion! Nice watch brother New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 203558 , enjoy that big dude! ORIS sucks!!! I kid , i kid... i own one! most underrated swiss watch out and for doc all go with Mido too! New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 74725
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:18 pm

. . . make no apologies for having a mind of your own. That's how you ended up away from the land of Oz.

At 6'4" and 240, I can't pull off the Mungo size watches myself . . . but if it blows your skirt and makes ya moist. . . . have at 'em Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:32 pm

CMon peeps, for gods sake I was horsin around based on the title of his original post....Hey what ever tickles your nutz is fine enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:32 pm

ericf4 wrote:
CMon peeps, for gods sake I was horsin around based on the title of his original post....Hey what ever tickles your nutz is fine enjoy!!

EXACTLY!

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:35 pm

ericf4 wrote:

You know that, I know that and I'm sure Jaw knows that too Bro. Some people just don't freakin get it! You're cool Big E!!! New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 812159
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:59 pm

JAW if you think I kicked you in the nut and was serious, pls let me know so I can publicly apologize to calm the throngs of people who feel i have wronged you.

I think most here know better......CMon James, you know my M.O. from your site.....You cant be serious.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:03 pm

ericf4 wrote:
JAW if you think I kicked you in the nut and was serious, pls let me know so I can publicly apologize to calm the throngs of people who feel i have wronged you.

I think most here know better......CMon James, you know my M.O. from your site.....You cant be serious.

I love the backtracking now. Eric - of course I got it, lol
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:04 pm

backtracking?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:09 pm

That's a pretty High Horse your ridin there James!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:58 pm

No time for the tent - Here are some Q&Ds

New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Invicta_Leviathan_01_jaw-vi

New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Invicta_Leviathan_02_jaw-vi

New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Invicta_Leviathan_03_jaw-vi

New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Invicta_Leviathan_04_jaw-vi
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 pm

No worries guys - I asked for it.

Sense of humor? - you bet, be prepared cause I give as good/better than I get.

I ain't nobody's boy - and better hope Eric isn't nearby next time I need to wipe my backside.
Quite the sound your spry narrowness would make upon exit. Shocked

Anyway...kidding...really.

I know the deal with Invicta - no more kool-aid for me.
I buy when I want knowing the risk - fully.
When I want it I usually want it now.

It's the architectural execution that grabs me with watches the most.
Few other than Invicta can achieve these heights at an affordable price.
Every now and then they nail it - while the majority (lately) is junk.
So I never say never with Invicta.

I am happy with the watch - will probably order a bracelet.
Wanted a big honker w/quartz accuracy and 12hr totalizer.

Out of the entire string of the SNBC watch events (about a months worth) this was my only purchase.
So I am doing much better.

Again no worries - all good.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Good deal Jaw...

You got what you wanted, liked, and at a price that worked for ya!

And Rolex, Invicta...whatever, you got the wrist for a big watch bro!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Congratulations Jeffrey! I knew you would jump all over that baby and that is why in the early goings on with this thread when you asked for for somebody to stop you, I chimed in with stop. Glad you went for what you wanted!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Its open season when someone asks for an opinion james.You know this very well.Maybe keep that crap on your own site? yep.
Jaws,you got my opinion before you bought it.now that its here,Congrats on the new watch.Maybe open a new arrival thread with it.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:47 pm

yamahaki wrote:
Its open season when someone asks for an opinion james.You know this very well.Maybe keep that crap on your own site? yep.
Jaws,you got my opinion before you bought it.now that its here,Congrats on the new watch.Maybe open a new arrival thread with it.

Thanks Sean - will do.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Congratulations Jaw ! I'm glad you got what you
wanted ! It's one AWESOME looking watch and I
think that bracelet you are talking about getting
will kick it up yet another notch. New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_smile NICE choice !
ENJOY !!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME   New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Leviathan: SOMEBODY STOP ME
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: