The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Empty
PostSubject: Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info!   Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Our own AlbertaTime has a website that features information on his Chinese watch collection along with is terrific photos. I know its been posted here before but I could not find it and he was kind enough to provide it to me (again).

http://www.rongood.net/amch/index.html
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info!   Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Wow, didn't know you had SO many!

This case back is GREAT...

Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Seagull_19_jewel_back

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info!   Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:55 pm

if AT doesnt mind maybe we should make a sticky or put it with our favorite sites! I feel we have all kinda caught the bug on these cool vintage Chinese pieces and we can all thank AT for that! Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! 74725
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info!   Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:39 pm

cali kid wrote:
if AT doesnt mind maybe we should make a sticky or
put it with our favorite sites! I feel we have all kinda caught the bug
on these cool vintage Chinese pieces and we can all thank AT for that! Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! 74725

Of course I wouldn't mind, CK...thanks for your kind thought!

Anomaly wrote:
Wow, didn't know you had SO many!

This case back is GREAT...

Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Seagull_19_jewel_back

Thanks Alan...

this is my fave VCM (vintage Chinese mechanical) caseback:

Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Zhufeng_3_back
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info!   Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm

Very cool collection and site! Quite the amazing wrist-ful of Chinese watches!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info!   Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:21 am

Wow !!!..THANKS for linking to this site Doc ! Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_cheers Ron..Your website
is simply amazing, a grand slam, hat trick, an out of this world place ! Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Alien
The information is GREAT and the WATCHES are PHENOMENAL sir. Very
well done in every respect. I'm going to have to stare at these watches
some more if you don't mind ! Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_smile Also not only are the watches stunning,
but how about those figurines in some of the pictures ?! Great stuff !!!
CONGRATULATIONS with all of this, and thanks for having the site Ron ! Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! 46145

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info!   Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:56 am

nice place and watches! The art on these dials and casebacks are as cool as the watches and movements.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info!   Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:15 am

Here are my recent vintage NOS Chinese beaters haha! Each was $19.99usd shipped free from Shanghai. Timekeeping is very accurate. AlbertaTime called this brand the people's daily basic watch 'beater'!

Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Twozhongshansandseikokinetic001
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Some details on Thians's beautiful Zhongshans   Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:25 am

thianwong wrote:
AlbertaTime called this brand the people's daily basic watch 'beater'!

In a way, yes. The Zhongshan 9 jewel movement was one of the very few exempted movements/companies when the rest of the country was mandated to produce only the Chinese Standard Movement. The other exemptions were the ZuanShi/Diamond factory and their SM1AK and the Tianjin/Sea-Gull factory and their ST5 series.

Unlike the SM1AK and the ST5--both of which already met or exceded the standards expected of the "Standard Movement"--the Zhongshan was exempted mostly because it could be manufactured far more cheaply than the rest of the Chinese movements which were usually 17/19 jewels compared to the Zhongshan's 9 jewels. Consequently, in China, the Zhongshan became known as a "poor man's watch".

That said, many Zhongshans are now considered quite collectable--especially ones with detailed dial treatments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info!   Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazing Resource for Chinese Watch Info!
Page 1 of 1