The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New shoes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:08 pm

I got my new strap for my Steinie the other day. Its not as soft as the nice Mocca strap that I got with the watch but it does have a real nice distressed look to the leather.

Here are some shots of the new one. The new one is shorter and does not have the metal keeper that the first one has but it feels more balanced. The tail of the strap doesn't go past the bottom of my wrist. The longer one goes much further up the side of my wrist making it feel a bit bulky.
New shoes IMG_1253

New shoes IMG_1254

New shoes IMG_1251

Here is the original one.
New shoes IMG_1196

New shoes IMG_1195

You can see how the tail comes much furthur up the side. In the first of the new strap photos it only goes to where the keepers are.

The longer straps are very popular with Steinhart fans over at WUS, but I'm not sure. I think the shorter one is more my speed. I'll switch straps in a couple of weeks and see how it feels.
Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Nice addition Dave. I understand the issue of fit and the metal keeper looks nice in principle but in practice I have found them to be more trouble then soft keepers. New shoes 803574
Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:17 pm

I think the longer straps are popular with Nav B collectors becasuse they are a bit more historically accurate. However it's just not as comfortable.

One thing about Streinhart straps is they are an incredible bargain for the great quality you get. Even with the crapy exchange rate I still got the new strap for $35.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Great strap, like the DISTRESSED look!

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 pm

I like the change, the longer strap would bother me too. The strap on my Triton was to short and would barely fit in the first loop so I had to change it.
Looks great! I've been looking for one of these Steinharts, cool watch
Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Great strap, like the DISTRESSED look!

Thats what I really love about it too. My original strap is nice, but I think I like straps with a bit of character to them an not just plain and smooth. Steinhart has other straps with this kind of look but in different colors that I'm thinking of getting. There is a color RUSTIC that has a red hue to it that looks killer.
Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:49 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
I like the change, the longer strap would bother me too. The strap on my Triton was to short and would barely fit in the first loop so I had to change it.

These 44mm navs are a great piece. I'm not sure how you feel about real large watches but their original 47mm navs are real nice, but a bit too big for my taste.

Also, Gunter will set up the watch any way you want in case you've never dealt with him directly. Great customer service.
Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:16 pm

Very nice strap, Dave. Great color. Leather that's pebbled like that usually comes from the shoulder. The more you wear it, the softer it'll get (obviously), the texture will become even more pronounced.
Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Thats what I'm hoping for Tim.

The leather comes from the shoulder? So its the area that the leather comes from that gives it that look? I always thought that something was done to the leather during the manufacturing process to make it look that way.
Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 pm

SopheNic wrote:
Thats what I'm hoping for Tim.

The leather comes from the shoulder? So its the area that the leather comes from that gives it that look? I always thought that something was done to the leather during the manufacturing process to make it look that way.

Well, the only thing I know is, boots that I've owned, and belt billets that have that texture have been shoulder, which is also thicker, so it will get "shaved down" so it's more pliable. By your comments, my bet is shoulder. The texture looks very natural, as well.
Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Good info. Thanks Tim!
Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:35 pm

looks great! i'm with doc on the metal keeper, looks cool but a pain in the rear! the straps i've been getting have just one big floating keeper and i like that! I like the longer strap but to each his own, originally i think they made them so long to go over a flight jacket! Great watch with either strap but the new one is hot!! New shoes 46145
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:35 pm

I have both length straps and tend to prefer the shorter ones. Seiko diver straps are way too long, though they are meant to go over wetsuits haha! Casio Frogman straps too always stick out . But I will wear the longer straps on rotation watches! Laughing
Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Great straps; like a super comfy good pair of shoes! I have a Debeaufre strap on my Ticino Flieger; a bit long but it looks and feels great so I dont mind.
Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:42 pm

SopheNic wrote:
barnbuilder1 wrote:

These 44mm navs are a great piece. I'm not sure how you feel about real large watches but their original 47mm navs are real nice, but a bit too big for my taste.

Also, Gunter will set up the watch any way you want in case you've never dealt with him directly. Great customer service.

good to know about the company, I've heard only good about them. I will get the 44 someday.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Both straps are VERY nice Dave ! New shoes Icon_smile Your new distressed strap looks
perfect by the way ! It has a stunning pattern in the leather. Plus the
color itself is really eye-catching ! New shoes Icon_cyclops I think that length will work great
for you also. It looks GREAT and I'm sure it's going to be VERY comfortable
for both you and your Steinhart ! CONGRATULATIONS sir, and of course
Enjoy !!!

New shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shoes   New shoes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New shoes
Page 1 of 1