The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:48 am

I love my vintage Chinese watches, but I also have a real soft spot for huge honkin' hunks of metal :-d

Mind you, I have 6.5 wrists so they can only get so huge, y'know....

Anyways, BARNBUILDER was kind enough to sell me his beautiful blue Zodiac Dragon Wing, a watch I'd had on my go-geddit list ever since I first knew such a watch existed.

A while ago, Falcon4311 visited scenic Peace River and brought his Dragon Wing by for me to look at up close. That sealed it; the hunt was on. Now I have one. My photos certainly don't do the watch justice, or capture the deep iridescence of the blue dial, but here they are...

Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Dw_front_1

Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Dw_front_2

Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Dw_crown_1

Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Dw_crown_2

Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Dw_caseback_1

Thanks, BARNBUILDER. Very appreciated.

Last edited by AlbertaTime on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:13 am

great piece AT!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:32 am

Cool photos! Mr. Ice's pride shines through!

Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:32 am

I'd say you have THE BLUES there COOL CAT!

Great watch, nice to get one you've been wanting right?

ENJOY!

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 am

Congratulations. Cool watch, love the caseback.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Great Zodiac! Congratulations!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Congratulations on that one Bro! I have that same model and out of 4 Zodiacs that I've owned, that one is definately a keeper! Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:57 pm

Glad you like it Ron! Great photos too. Enjoy wearing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:12 pm

. . . really have to get in on the Zodiacs . . . . really nice!!!!

Looks like Mr. Ice approves, it must be good!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:25 pm

wow, that's a very cool Zodiac!! Great watch!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:33 pm

That's one of the coolest Zodiacs around Ron ! Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_cool Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_smile
You are DEFINITELY going to enjoy it ! It's big, but
not too big, so it's going to be GREAT ! This version
with the blue dial is super impressive IMHO ! Actually
the whole design of this watch is excellent, and THAT
case back really is something else ! Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER 46145 So is that
cat by the way ! Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_biggrin NICE watch and pictures sir !
Congrats and Enjoy !!!

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:42 am

CONGRATS!! That is definately one of their best designs! I love their blue dial too. That will be a great one to wear for you! Way to go and the pics look great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:55 am

Everybody, thanks for your kind comments, and thnaks again BARNBUILDER!! Wore it tonight to the part-time karaoke-hosting job that pays for my watches and got a number of nice compliments. As much as I love my vintage Chinese watches, and I do; they fly under the radar most of the time. This one folks notice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:14 pm

That is a great looker you have there Ron. The pic's are damn good too.
If I had some cash I would buy one of these also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Great pick-up. I have the same watch and one with a black dial on leather as well. I love the bracelet. Nice and solid.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:38 pm

congrats on picking up a awesome zodiac. steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:55 pm

The best big watch for a 6.5" wrist, I can attest to that! Awesome pickup Ron, enjoy!

Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER CALIFORNIA178
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:45 pm

I love the dial design with the big date aperture as well as the domed crystal.

You can never go wrong with Zodiac!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:32 am

Hey Ron, looks like you've got some very cool cats! Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER   Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Wing & many thanks to BARNBUILDER
Page 1 of 1