The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WUS Change

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:27 am

Well, Orient got kicked in the nuts over and over and over again at WUS so guess what they did?

Dear all, dear SCO friends and followers,

We are about to change the name of the SCO forum, due to the soon to be launched "Official ORIENT Forum".

We at Watchuseek are proud to have Orient open its own and fully
supported forum. This means that the naming of the current "Seiko,
Citizen & Orient" forum will and needs to be changed.

After a discussion with my team, we've decided to rename the SCO forum
to "Japanese Watches Forum" and move it from the "Brand forums" to the
"Theme forums" area.

Besides the name change and moving the forum to its new area, nothing
much will change and it's obvious that you are most welcome to continue
your discussions about Seiko, Citizen and all other Japanese watch brands.

Anyone care to redesign our header? WUS Change Icon_good
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:00 am

It's about MONEY and watches there...

...just callin' it like I see it.

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:11 am

Anomaly wrote:
It's about MONEY and watches there...

...just callin' it like I see it.

WUS Change 196544 Now Orient USA doesn't have to actually improve their CS, their warranty support, or anything else because not a negative word can now be spoken about Orient at WUS.
Back to top Go down

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:36 pm

I guess i didn't know that Orient has had a CS and some other problems. I've never had a problem with my Macko since I bought it. Are there issues with them that i haven't heard about??
Back to top Go down

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:52 pm

sheraortho wrote:
I guess i didn't know that Orient has had a CS and some other problems. I've never had a problem with my Macko since I bought it. Are there issues with them that i haven't heard about??

Sorry, it's OrientUSA - their US Distributor - that has all those problems.
Orient (Japan) is a standup company that makes killer watches.
OrientUSA is run by these folks

WUS Change Annex%20-%20Marx%20Brothers%20(Duck%20Soup)_01

And has these sophisticated folks as their marketing experts
WUS Change Threestooges2
Back to top Go down

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Orient USA just pulled out the ban hammer, no need to fix CS just carry a big hammer! guess you could still talk crap about them in the Japanese forum but i'm sure ernie has already thought of that one and told his mods to be looking for negative post!
Back to top Go down

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:05 pm

. . . . following another repulisive forums model WUS has opted to "cash in" their chips.

Let 'em Doc.Their loss is our gain. You just post away to your hearts content over here!!!!

As for Ernie . . . . . well . . . .WUS Change Smiley-finger007
Back to top Go down

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:01 pm

cali kid wrote:
Orient USA just pulled out the ban hammer, no need to fix CS just carry a big hammer! guess you could still talk crap about them in the Japanese forum but i'm sure ernie has already thought of that one and told his mods to be looking for negative post!

Can you talk negatively about Ocean7 or Doxa in the Divers Forum? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 8:10 pm

love this forum for calling it as we see it..!!! kicked in the nuts hahahaha! love it, guys!
Yes, seems OrientUSA managers screwed up alot with their service and bullshit ads for many discounts etc....
Like Alpha having to up its shipping costs to over $30 to make up for all the watch repairs! haha!
Back to top Go down

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:36 pm

This from one of the new SCO Forum Mods:
Yes it is good news. WUS members will now have a forum to visit for all their Orient needs, and there will be no confusion about who is or isn't authorized to speak on behalf of the company. But I'm sure the forum will be about much more than just customer support. I can't speak for Orient, but my hunch is that there will be lots of good discussion about the company, future models, owner experiences, etc. And I wouldn't be surprised to see some cool contests and promotions as well...
Back to top Go down

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:39 am

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know there was a problem as I haven't had an issue with mine yet to have to deal with them. I also don't spend any time over there at that forum so I have no idea what's going on. It's always nice getting updates from everyone!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:39 am

THIS is what is meant by open and honest WATCH discussion...

...YES lurkers, this is for YOU! WUS Change Icon_bounce

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 am

Lurkers? Do you mean that people come here to see what's going on and then run back and talk about it in their forum? In OPEN FORUM? WOW, whooda thunkit! But I thought they said that we're the only ones that do that shit???
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:19 am

If Orient USA is doing it then I don't think they know much about Orients...a fully supported forum should have people who love the brand and know it's history (not just what you read on the internet), If they choose to censor the posts there, then there is no sense even reading the posts. F 'em. I love my Orients but don't need to be spoon fed info.

WUS Change Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:23 am

sixtysix wrote:
If Orient USA is doing it then I don't think they know much about Orients...a fully supported forum should have people who love the brand and know it's history (not just what you read on the internet), If they choose to censor the posts there, then there is no sense even reading the posts. F 'em. I love my Orients but don't need to be spoon fed info.

Don't recall seeing you posting on SCO at WUS, sorry perhaps its my bad memory. Go and search "OrientUSA" and just read 2 threads - any 2. You'll see that they will HAVE to censor if they want to have their own forum and it not turn into a constant bitch session. I sold mine off, nice watches, because I couldn't stand thinking about those nitwits every time I looked at one of my Makos. But the intensity of the anger at OrientUSA is pretty severe and the laughter at their constant marketing horseshit is just amazing to me. BrandingBrand is the worst marketing group I've ever been aware of and continues to PO WIS nearly every time I read a thread over there over silly stupid stuff like freebies and simply failing to respond to inquiries. Their website is the most incredible misinformation source on Orient on the web. LOTS of WIS have tried to give them feedback on the misinformation on their site, mostly its fallen on deaf ears. My headscratcher in all this is that OrientJapan has not stepped in, with Japanese focus on image it amazes me that they haven't copped a clue to what OrientUSA has done to batter their image here in the US.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:14 am

I posted there infrequently. A quick search shows 109 threads I participated in. It seems that most posts were about Monster/Mako/Seiko Dive watches, so I didn't have much to say on most threads WUS Change Icon_rolleyes ....I did read the Orient USA threads when originally posted, but have not followed new developments on these threads. I am pretty sure we are saying the same thing, that Orient USA sucks for CS from the stories I have heard, and that I don't feel they are qualified to host a fully supported factory Orient Forum. I did buy one watch from them, it arrived quickly and in great shape...didn't need CS, so I was happy. I agree that Orient should have a factory (Japan) rep participate as well much like Citizen has COA (Citizen of America) checking theads ever once in while.

Docrwm wrote:

Don't recall seeing you posting on SCO at WUS, sorry perhaps its my bad memory. Go and search "OrientUSA" and just read 2 threads - any 2. You'll see that they will HAVE to censor if they want to have their own forum and it not turn into a constant bitch session. I sold mine off, nice watches, because I couldn't stand thinking about those nitwits every time I looked at one of my Makos. But the intensity of the anger at OrientUSA is pretty severe and the laughter at their constant marketing horseshit is just amazing to me. BrandingBrand is the worst marketing group I've ever been aware of and continues to PO WIS nearly every time I read a thread over there over silly stupid stuff like freebies and simply failing to respond to inquiries. Their website is the most incredible misinformation source on Orient on the web. LOTS of WIS have tried to give them feedback on the misinformation on their site, mostly its fallen on deaf ears. My headscratcher in all this is that OrientJapan has not stepped in, with Japanese focus on image it amazes me that they haven't copped a clue to what OrientUSA has done to batter their image here in the US.

WUS Change Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:36 am

I'm an infrequent poster too. I bought 5 watches from OrientUSA. All arrived quickly and were BNIB as they should have been. EVERYTHING else with them was a real hassel.

sixtysix wrote:
I posted there infrequently. A quick search shows 109 threads I participated in. It seems that most posts were about Monster/Mako/Seiko Dive watches, so I didn't have much to say on most threads WUS Change Icon_rolleyes ....I did read the Orient USA threads when originally posted, but have not followed new developments on these threads. I am pretty sure we are saying the same thing, that Orient USA sucks for CS from the stories I have heard, and that I don't feel they are qualified to host a fully supported factory Orient Forum. I did buy one watch from them, it arrived quickly and in great shape...didn't need CS, so I was happy. I agree that Orient should have a factory (Japan) rep participate as well much like Citizen has COA (Citizen of America) checking theads ever once in while.

Docrwm wrote:

Back to top Go down

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:18 pm

cali kid wrote:

I'll bet the negative comments will disappear quickly in the Orient sponsored forum (as they do in some of the other sponsored fourms) but it will be business as usual elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WUS Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: WUS Change   WUS Change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WUS Change
Page 1 of 1