The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Our Breitling Boys!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

For Our Breitling Boys! Empty
PostSubject: For Our Breitling Boys!   For Our Breitling Boys! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:41 am

Breitling Basel Preview: Avenger Seawolf Chrono Blacksteel Limited Edition
http://www.watchtime.com/2010/02/breitling-basel-preview-avenger-seawolf-chrono-blacksteel-limited-edition/

For Our Breitling Boys! Breitling_seawolf_34_sm
Breitling Avenger Seawolf Blacksteel LE

At Baselworld 2010, Breitling will unveil a special version of the Avenger Seawolf Chrono – the only chronograph that is watertight and fully operational at a depth of 1,000 meters or 3,300 feet. The new Blacksteel limited edition features a 45.4 mm steel case sporting a black carbon-based treatment. The standout feature however is Breitling’s patented magnetic pushpiece system.

This system, a Breitling exclusive, activates the chronograph controls through the metal of the case, without any direct mechanical contact. This approach circumvents the Achilles heel found in traditional chronograph cases – the holes in the case and the mechanical pusher-movement interface. Breitling’s unique system eliminates the holes, allowing this chronograph to function at extreme depths. This diver’s chronograph is also equipped with a decompression valve and a glareproof sapphire crystal for optimal readability. Breitling’s SuperQuartz caliber provides a level of accuracy ten times superior to that of standard quartz movements.

The Avenger Seawolf Chrono Blacksteel, issued in a 2,000-piece worldwide limited edition, is priced at $5015 on a black Diver Pro rubber strap, and it is also available on a perforated Ocean Racer strap.

Additional technical information appears below the images.

For Our Breitling Boys! Breitling_seawolf_full34

Movement: Breitling Caliber 73, thermocompensated SuperQuartz™️ movement, officially chronometer-certified by the COSC. 1/10th of a second chronograph, 60-minute and 12-hour totalizers with split times (split-second hand).
Calendar.

For Our Breitling Boys! Breitling_seawolf_side_detail

Case: black steel, limited series of 2,000. Water-resistant to 1,000 meters (3,300 ft) with functional pushpieces. Screw-locked crown. Unidirectional ratcheted rotating bezel. Cambered sapphire crystal, glareproofed on both sides. Diameter 45.40 mm.

For Our Breitling Boys! Breitling_seawolf_so_sm
Dial: Volcano black.

Straps: Diver Pro or Ocean Racer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Our Breitling Boys!   For Our Breitling Boys! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks Doc! dont care for the new rubber strap, it's got a real generic look to it. Love the old one with BREITLING plaster all the way down the strap!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Our Breitling Boys!   For Our Breitling Boys! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Thanks Robert! Great looking watch but I'd have a real tough time shellin out 5Gs for a quartz movement....I don't care how thermoCOMPENSATED it is!!! For Our Breitling Boys! Icon_tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Our Breitling Boys!   For Our Breitling Boys! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:00 pm

the pusher system has been out now for 3 years already by Breitling.Must be the 1st time breitling used it on a quartz watch.I'll spend about as much on a quartz as a good automatic but 5k is pushing it especially with only a strap option.I think if someone had the money to go high tech, buying a sinn u1000 chrono would be a much better option.and for quartz, the sinn UX is a cosc dive watch with more technical features than the breitling. sub steel, tegimented, filled with teflon,a 7 year battery, the newer ones are now fully tegimented, some in black.Much more scratch resistant than the breitling.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: For Our Breitling Boys!   For Our Breitling Boys! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Good looking watch but a chrono...

PostSubject: Re: For Our Breitling Boys!   For Our Breitling Boys! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:00 pm

yamahaki wrote:
the pusher system has been out now for 3 years already by Breitling.Must be the 1st time breitling used it on a quartz watch.I'll spend about as much on a quartz as a good automatic but 5k is pushing it especially with only a strap option.I think if someone had the money to go high tech, buying a sinn u1000 chrono would be a much better option.and for quartz, the sinn UX is a cosc dive watch with more technical features than the breitling. sub steel, tegimented, filled with teflon,a 7 year battery, the newer ones are now fully tegimented, some in black.Much more scratch resistant than the breitling.

Sounds much better to me too. I posted this because its a Basel release and they claimed some new status for it. Thanks for the clarification about the pusher system being 3 years old. Amazing what the ad copy can say and still, technically, be true. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Our Breitling Boys!   For Our Breitling Boys! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:56 am

Ah, the magnetic pusher system may have been around for 3 years but it's more new info for me, being a relatively new collector. Seems as though it should be utilized on all dive watches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Our Breitling Boys!   For Our Breitling Boys! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:52 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Thanks Robert! Great looking watch but I'd have a real tough time shellin out 5Gs for a quartz movement....I don't care how thermoCOMPENSATED it is!!! For Our Breitling Boys! Icon_tongue

It's beautiful watch but, and I hate to say this, I agree with Duffy.......5G's!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Our Breitling Boys!   For Our Breitling Boys! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Our Breitling Boys!
Page 1 of 1