The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally found a copy of a book

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Finally found a copy of a book Empty
PostSubject: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Finally found a copy of a book I've been looking for for a few years. The only copies I could find were used and they are going for $125+- Shocked

Finally tracked the publisher down. Self-published by an Aviation reproduction company that makes reproduction signs, labels, dial faces, and other printed items for refurbishing vintage airplanes (and motorcycles it seems). They put the book together and had a few copies left cheers

Poster Art of the Airlines (1989)
Finally found a copy of a book 6422-2

The glossy prints in the book have graced the walls in my study for years. They are framed and add to the aviation theme (mostly flying boats). I wanted to redecorate my clinic office and use some of the prints (they're small and nice as they don't dominate like big posters). Unfortunately, out of print - no longer available. Until today.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Always cool to get something that has eluded you!

Very cool!

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Wow, wow, wow. What an awesome find, Doc. Finding something like that book is so cool.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:36 pm

Congratulations on tracking that book down Doc ! Finally found a copy of a book Icon_smile
It looks beyond cool actually. The style of those photos
looks amazing by the way, and now I know where your
new avatar came from ! Finally found a copy of a book Icon_cheers Nice job finding this ! Enjoy
it !!!

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:56 am

that is cool,
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:02 am

The golden age of aviation. Have you ever read any of Bob Buck's books? If you're interested in reading about the early history of airline flying read North Star Over My Shoulder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:24 am

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to its arrival.

Finally found a copy of a book Paul-george-lawler-fly-to-south-sea-isles-via-pan-american
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:43 am

CONGRATS Doc! I love the aviation stuff like this too. Like you I especially like the old airline prints they remind me of a nicer kinder time! Persistance paid off for you and that is cool. Good luck getting what you want!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:20 am

Cool book....you can get some great Glen Curtiss posters at the Museum in Hammonsport NY. I have one on my wall. I got a motorcycle themed one but he was into a lot of stuff. He made a lot of flying boats. There are a couple at the museum.

Finally found a copy of a book Gc1001

Some cool Curtiss seaplanes here....

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/node/713359

Finally found a copy of a book Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:43 am

Congratz on finding your elusive book Robert!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:33 am

Thanks guys. The Avatar is the main decoration in my consulting office at the clinic. Counter balances the diplomas and stuff. Also have a 1930s India and 1920s Egypt poster but they are smaller. Went for the 1930s Men's Club look for the office.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a copy of a book   Finally found a copy of a book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally found a copy of a book
Page 1 of 1