The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Empty
PostSubject: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:56 pm

I think its time to invest in a watch winder. What does everyone suggest for 6 watches? I want a quiet winder and something that will perform well and not too expensive.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:05 pm

I personally do not feel the need for a winder these days unless you just hate setting your watch if you don't wear it for over 40 hours...

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Anomaly wrote:
I personally do not feel the need for a winder these days unless you just hate setting your watch if you don't wear it for over 40 hours...
Its really not a big deal for me to wind them or set them when I put them on. I just heard someone say its not good to leave them unwound. Not sure how true that is but I really don't want to damage my movements. Is that possible?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Economical and 6 watches, that's quiet and reliable......... What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 pm

I've got two from SWI and they both copies very expensive brands! both have their faults but the prices are right!

keep lighter watches on this one! notice the black tape to keep those friggin lights from blinking all the time, at night it looks like an airport!

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 004-4

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 003-9

This one is a little better but the sit on a pillow and sometimes will fall out!

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 100_1502

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 100_1505

Few more, man the wife loves my side of the room!!

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 100_1501

They all get noisy after awhile and the cheap 4 slot hjas been the best of all but i cant think of the name!

Last edited by cali kid on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Long before lubricants were what they are today, a winder probably was necessary. With today's lubricants that don't break down, unless you plan on leaving it sitting for MONTHS, I see no real need.

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:12 pm

cali kid wrote:
I've got two from SWI and they both copies very expensive brands! both have their faults but the prices are right!

keep lighter watches on this one! notice the black tape to keep those friggin lights from blinking all the time, at night it looks like an airport!

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 004-4

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 003-9

This one is a little better but the sit on a pillow and sometimes will fall out!

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 100_1502

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 100_1505

Few more, man the wife loves my side of the room!!

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 100_1501

They all get noisy after awhile and the cheap 4 slot hjas been the best of all but i cant think of the name!

Dayum you aint playin Trevor... lol! lol! lol! wow awesome display of winders...i will look into them..thanks brutha..
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Long before lubricants were what they are today, a winder probably was necessary. With today's lubricants that don't break down, unless you plan on leaving it sitting for MONTHS, I see no real need.
They will never go that long not worn. The most I think I went with out wear one of them was 1 month. I do try and wind them once in a while but sometimes I truly forget...Running after a 3 1/2 year old all the time burns brain cells... What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 744742 What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 744742 What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 744742 What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:20 pm

I've worn out too many ETA winding gears by hand winding the watch, just 15 turns a night! Never had any problems with miyota but ETA i will never wind again, set the time and date and give it a shake if not on the winder!Most of thos single winders are long gone since the collection has been down sized but keep all mine on a winder and love it, just put it on and go! Remeber those stupid winding tools JS sold through android, the screwed about 5 watches up and all ETA movements!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:44 pm

All I do is pick up, set if needed and wear it...no problems, no money involved.

I agree with Alan's take on the lubrication...but since I will be getting a vintage or two in the future...maybe a winder is needed.

I was thinking an orbita...anybody have one?

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:46 pm

andrema wrote:
All I do is pick up, set if needed and wear it...no problems, no money involved.

I agree with Alan's take on the lubrication...but since I will be getting a vintage or two in the future...maybe a winder is needed.

Yeah Maybe I will hold out...Im gonna think about it..Problem is everytime I go to buy one of these winders I wind up buying a watch... or say hey i can use that towards a watch. I know some of these winders go for some coin especially the orbita.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:47 pm

jackprime1 wrote:
andrema wrote:

Yeah Maybe I will hold out...Im gonna think about it..Problem is everytime I go to buy one of these winders I wind up buying a watch... or say hey i can use that towards a watch. I know some of these winders go for some coin especially the orbita.
I agree on the price issue! Hopefully Sean will chime in and let us know his thoughts.

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:29 pm

I have the same 6 watch winder from SWI that Trevor has. NO HEAVY WATCHES in that one, but my only heavy auto now is my OG II Diamond/Meteorite. I just hand wind it. It has an SW200 and so far hand winding hasn't affected the gears like it did on Trevors ETA movement. They are pricey though. But hell, you paid for the Panny so money for a winder is CHUMP CHANGE to a guy like you Bro!!!! What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Look at wolf rotators (they dont call them winders) very well made and best CS of any winder company! Not cheap but dont cost near what orbita, scatola del tempo watch winders cost! the first on a got and still the quitest isnt much money and i just remembered the name... http://www.steinhausenonline.com/automatic-watch-winders/?gclid=CJaLsO2tr6ACFQP7agodJic0aA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:49 pm

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Ajax-loaderWhat is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-SIDE-CLOSED Quad Watch Winder (Quad Motor)
What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-SIDE-CLOSED

Loading Zoom, please wait
What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Ajax-loader

Move your mouse over image
More Views

• What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-BACK
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-CLOSED
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-OPEN
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-SIDE-CLOSED
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-SIDE-OPEN
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tm481
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tm481-back
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tm481-open-side
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tm481-side
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tm481-open

Quad Watch Winder (Quad Motor) (TM481)

18 Review(s) | Add Your Review
Be first to ask about this product

Notify me about updates

Regular Price: $349.95

Special Price: $299.95

Quick Overview

Your finest automatic watches deserve the finest winders.

Color *
Choose option...Cherrywood

var spConfig = new Product.Config({"attributes":{"76":{"id":"76","code":"color","label":"Color","options":[{"id":"47","label":"Cherrywood","price":"0","products":["69"]}]}},"template":"$#{price}","basePrice":"299.95","oldPrice":"349.95","productId":"92","chooseText":"Choose option...","taxConfig":{"includeTax":0,"showIncludeTax":false,"showBothPrices":false,"defaultTax":0,"currentTax":0,"inclTaxTitle":"Incl. Tax"}});

* Required Fields
decorateGeneric($$('#product-options-wrapper dl'), ['last']);

Add Items to CartQty: Add to Cart

var productAddToCartForm = new VarienForm('product_addtocart_form');
productAddToCartForm.submit = function(){
if (this.validator.validate()) {
this.form.submit();
}
}.bind(productAddToCartForm);

Product Description

The watch pedestals rotate inside wood rings. A Lucite window in the lid allows for a wide dust-free viewing area.

Two additional compartments have been built into the front of the case with viewing windows. The motors run silently as they keep your finest automatic timepieces constantly wound and ready at a moment's notice.

Additional Information

Winder Box Dimensions13" x 12" x 7.5"
BidirectionalYes
Winder Shell MaterialSynthetic Material
Inside MaterialSynthetic Leather
Number of Winder Motors4
Watches per Motor1
Available Storage AreasNon-Winding Display Window, Winding Display Case
Winder Modes4
Power SourceAC
decorateTable('product-attribute-specs-table')

You may also be interested in the following product(s)

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TW524W-B_1
Riviera Retro Sport Quartz Watch

$299.95

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TW523S-B
Beethoven Automatic Skeleton Watch

$199.95
1 Review(s) | Add Your Review
decorateTable('upsell-product-table')

Product Tags

Add Your Tags:

Add Tags

//

Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.

Questions on Quad Watch Winder (Quad Motor)

.productquestions-container{
list-style-type:none;
}

.productquestions-container li.record ul{
padding:10px;
}
.productquestions-container li.record ul li{
padding:5px;
}
.productquestions-container li.record ul li.reply{
background-color:#FAF7EE;
}

var searchForm = new Varien.searchForm('search_mini_form', 'search', 'Search Steinhausen...');
searchForm.initAutocomplete('http://www.steinhausenonline.com/catalogsearch/ajax/suggest/', 'search_autocomplete');

SSL
TrustLogo("/js/comodo/tl_transp.gif", "SC4", "none");
[url=https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/javascript:if(window.open('http://www.trustlogo.com/ttb_searcher/trustlogo?v_querytype=W&v_shortname=SC4&v_search=http://www.steinhausenonline.com/automatic-watch-winders/quad-watch-winder-tm481.html&x=6&y=5','tl_wnd_credentials'+(new Date()).getTime(),'toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=1,status=1,menubar=1,resizable=1,width=460,height=700,left=60,top=0')){};tLlB(tLTB);]What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tl_transp[/url]

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Cc_logo3

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Verification_seal

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Fb-iconFans on Facebook

©️ 2008 Steinhausen, Inc. All Rights Reserved.SSL

COT("/js/comodo/cot.gif", "SC2", "none");

I've had this one for years 4 head and spot of two others! for 299, great deal!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:11 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
I have the same 6 watch winder from SWI that Trevor has. NO HEAVY WATCHES in that one, but my only heavy auto now is my OG II Diamond/Meteorite. I just hand wind it. It has an SW200 and so far hand winding hasn't affected the gears like it did on Trevors ETA movement. They are pricey though. But hell, you paid for the Panny so money for a winder is CHUMP CHANGE to a guy like you Bro!!!! What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 744742
Your shot dude...lol...The price is not bad for that winder. I was looking at winders that were over 1k and to me that is nutz and would not pay that much for a winder.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:12 pm

cali kid wrote:
What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Ajax-loaderWhat is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-SIDE-CLOSED Quad Watch Winder (Quad Motor)
What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-SIDE-CLOSED

Loading Zoom, please wait
What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Ajax-loader

Move your mouse over image
More Views

• What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-BACK
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-CLOSED
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-OPEN
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-SIDE-CLOSED
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TM481E-SIDE-OPEN
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tm481
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tm481-back
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tm481-open-side
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tm481-side
  • What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tm481-open

Quad Watch Winder (Quad Motor) (TM481)

18 Review(s) | Add Your Review
Be first to ask about this product

Notify me about updates

Quick Overview

Your finest automatic watches deserve the finest winders.

Color *
Choose option...Cherrywood

var spConfig = new Product.Config({"attributes":{"76":{"id":"76","code":"color","label":"Color","options":[{"id":"47","label":"Cherrywood","price":"0","products":["69"]}]}},"template":"$#{price}","basePrice":"299.95","oldPrice":"349.95","productId":"92","chooseText":"Choose option...","taxConfig":{"includeTax":0,"showIncludeTax":false,"showBothPrices":false,"defaultTax":0,"currentTax":0,"inclTaxTitle":"Incl. Tax"}});

* Required Fields
decorateGeneric($$('#product-options-wrapper dl'), ['last']);

Add Items to CartQty: Add to Cart

var productAddToCartForm = new VarienForm('product_addtocart_form');
productAddToCartForm.submit = function(){
if (this.validator.validate()) {
this.form.submit();
}
}.bind(productAddToCartForm);

Product Description

The watch pedestals rotate inside wood rings. A Lucite window in the lid allows for a wide dust-free viewing area.

Two additional compartments have been built into the front of the case with viewing windows. The motors run silently as they keep your finest automatic timepieces constantly wound and ready at a moment's notice.

Additional Information

Winder Box Dimensions13" x 12" x 7.5"
BidirectionalYes
Winder Shell MaterialSynthetic Material
Inside MaterialSynthetic Leather
Number of Winder Motors4
Watches per Motor1
Available Storage AreasNon-Winding Display Window, Winding Display Case
Winder Modes4
Power SourceAC
decorateTable('product-attribute-specs-table')

You may also be interested in the following product(s)

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TW524W-B_1
Riviera Retro Sport Quartz Watch

$299.95

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? TW523S-B
Beethoven Automatic Skeleton Watch

$199.95
1 Review(s) | Add Your Review
decorateTable('upsell-product-table')

Product Tags

Add Your Tags:

Add Tags

//

Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.

Questions on Quad Watch Winder (Quad Motor)

.productquestions-container{
list-style-type:none;
}

.productquestions-container li.record ul{
padding:10px;
}
.productquestions-container li.record ul li{
padding:5px;
}
.productquestions-container li.record ul li.reply{
background-color:#FAF7EE;
}

var searchForm = new Varien.searchForm('search_mini_form', 'search', 'Search Steinhausen...');
searchForm.initAutocomplete('http://www.steinhausenonline.com/catalogsearch/ajax/suggest/', 'search_autocomplete');

SSL
TrustLogo("/js/comodo/tl_transp.gif", "SC4", "none");
[url=https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/javascript:if(window.open('http://www.trustlogo.com/ttb_searcher/trustlogo?v_querytype=W&v_shortname=SC4&v_search=http://www.steinhausenonline.com/automatic-watch-winders/quad-watch-winder-tm481.html&x=6&y=5','tl_wnd_credentials'+(new Date()).getTime(),'toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=1,status=1,menubar=1,resizable=1,width=460,height=700,left=60,top=0')){};tLlB(tLTB);]What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Tl_transp[/url]

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Cc_logo3

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Verification_seal

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Fb-iconFans on Facebook

©️ 2008 Steinhausen, Inc. All Rights Reserved.SSL

COT("/js/comodo/cot.gif", "SC2", "none");

I've had this one for years 4 head and spot of two others! for 299, great deal!

That is a very nice winder Trevor...Great price also..Thanks brutha..
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Trev wins the award for longest thread...THREE FEET! What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? 395667

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:26 pm

What a phenomenal winder and price !!!!!! What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_eek What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_biggrin
Every one I have found with six slots or so has been
WAY more expensive. What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Affraid That one looks like a winner
Jack !..Also Trevor, you have the coolest set up of
watch winders ! WOW !..Bond..James Bond ! What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:16 am

orbitas do cost but they are also the best.I have afew of them including the tourbillon winder.as far as needing one? up to you.if its a watch with alot of complications like a 7751 and its in the weekly rotation then a winder would be convenient. but as far as leaving them sit? doesn't matter.the oil doesn't move it just dries out over the years.say you bought a new omega from the ad.you run the serial numbers and find that the watch is 2 years old and the cosc cert for the movment is 3 years old but its running perfect after it sat for two years.thats two years of the mainspring not running and the hairspring.basically its still a fresh movement.I use winders to test the power reserve and for the watches that are in rotation.if none are being worn except my kinetic then the winders are off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:27 am

i just want a pic of the friggin winder! saw e deal on trh soup on the E channel, they were giving out awards for stupid stuff. there was a weather man back east that said it had snowed and was just like him 9 inches!! wonder if he got fired!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:10 am

yamahaki wrote:
orbitas do cost but they are also the best.I have afew of them including the tourbillon winder.as far as needing one? up to you.if its a watch with alot of complications like a 7751 and its in the weekly rotation then a winder would be convenient. but as far as leaving them sit? doesn't matter.the oil doesn't move it just dries out over the years.say you bought a new omega from the ad.you run the serial numbers and find that the watch is 2 years old and the cosc cert for the movment is 3 years old but its running perfect after it sat for two years.thats two years of the mainspring not running and the hairspring.basically its still a fresh movement.I use winders to test the power reserve and for the watches that are in rotation.if none are being worn except my kinetic then the winders are off.
Thanks sean appreciate that info...Thanks everyone for answering my question and now a bit more educated...Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:25 pm

I need to get one like Trevors, it would be nice not to reset them every time.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:28 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
I need to get one like Trevors, it would be nice not to reset them every time.
I agree with ya Ron...I think im gonna pick that one up. Unless I can find the SWI winder..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?   What is a good watch winder for 6 watches? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is a good watch winder for 6 watches?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: