The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you ever....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:30 pm

As some of you know, I'm selling a few of my watches. Have sold off a few and have some still up. I've gotten the usual responses with low ball offers, weird questions, etc. I've also gotten some solid PMs with reasonable questions, etc. too.

Have you ever gotten a series of PMs from someone that just felt....weird? Talking to you about the watch as if they were your friend, commenting, asking slightly off questions, and then offering a lowball offer?

Just seemed so "Foot in the door" to me. Add to that its an out of the country guy with some mail forwarding setup (and no its not a DoD address or US Service personnel overseas).
Back to top Go down

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:35 am

Funny that you mention this Doc but, yea I have had that happen to me as well. I sold a number of watches not too long ago and I also had a guy try the same thing with me. It was definately weird. Actually, it was kinda creepy. I gave him the answers and then he never responded again.
Back to top Go down

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:49 am

. . . the internet is a strange place Doc. I have witnessed some pretty bizzare things online. I mean, we actually never really know who we are interacting with, do we???

. . . in fact I'll bet you never imagined I only log on here when I'm naked . . . wearing a snorkel, goggles and flippers. My wife is used to it, but I suppose it may make others a little uncomfortable . . . . Have you ever.... 91387
Back to top Go down

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:43 am

wagon wrote:
. . . the internet is a strange place Doc. I have witnessed some pretty bizzare things online. I mean, we actually never really know who we are interacting with, do we???

. . . in fact I'll bet you never imagined I only log on here when I'm naked . . . wearing a snorkel, goggles and flippers. My wife is used to it, but I suppose it may make others a little uncomfortable . . . . Have you ever.... 91387

Have you ever.... %3Ca%20href=Have you ever.... Worthless-without-pics" border="0" />
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 am

I am selling some right now, you get all types!! So far, I have been lucky...and all my deals were good. I have turned down a lot of low-ball offers though. I only sell to US and Canada, others not worth the shipping for affordables that I sell.

Have you ever.... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:05 am

wagon wrote:

so what color are the flippers? as long as they match your watch strap..............................
Back to top Go down

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:13 am

You get all kinds when selling.I just sold afew also.all affordables at really low prices.no lowball offers this time.one guy was short 87 cents in his paypal account so I took .87 cents less.pretty funny really.The bad buyers show up when the price goes up for the watch.at 1k people get really stupid.Ignore the wierd questions,only give a brief answer and supply references.also tell them that while they are asking questions that the sale is still active and if someone sends payment,then the questions are over.
Back to top Go down

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:38 am

wagon wrote:

I KNEW IT!! I always had a feeling that there was something really strange about you and now I know!! Have you ever.... Lol Have you ever.... Lol
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:23 am

yamahaki wrote:
Ignore the wierd questions,only give a brief answer and supply references.also tell them that while they are asking questions that the sale is still active and if someone sends payment,then the questions are over.
Good advice!

Senior Associate
Anomaly

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:27 am

I had a guy BLASTING me on the boards at WUS cause he hadn't received his watch from me yet. EVERY day I updated him on what I was doing to find the watch (I had tracking info from USPS). After he tried to HUMILIATE me on the boards, the watch showed up. I get a 3 word PM, "watch is here." No apology, no, "hey man I'm sorry for accusing you on the boards..."

Have you ever.... Donkey

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 am

wagon wrote:

Actually, that is precisely how I had envisioned you drunken
Back to top Go down

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:35 am

yamahaki wrote:
You get all kinds when selling.I just sold afew also.all affordables at really low prices.no lowball offers this time.one guy was short 87 cents in his paypal account so I took .87 cents less.pretty funny really.The bad buyers show up when the price goes up for the watch.at 1k people get really stupid.Ignore the wierd questions,only give a brief answer and supply references.also tell them that while they are asking questions that the sale is still active and if someone sends payment,then the questions are over.

Good advice. Let me hasten to say that most of my sales have been just fine, heck - I've even sold to Duff without problems affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Have you ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever....   Have you ever.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you ever....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: