The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New SuperOcean?

Go down 
+3
PoliMalaka
ericf4
Anomaly
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Borrowed from DWC, who borrowed from TZ... New SuperOcean? 744742

New SuperOcean? 2010SuperOcean

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Wow, a Breitling bezel that is normal. Strange saying this - but, I like it.
Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Wow, a Breitling bezel that is normal. Strange saying this - but, I like it.

That rocks except for the GENERIC BEZEL!!!! New SuperOcean? Icon_geek New SuperOcean? 744742
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:34 pm

People are saying they got rid of the RIDER TABS, what do they mean by that?

Do they mean the markers on the bezel at 12, 3, 6, and 9?

IMO those are what make the Breitling bezel SO distinctive!

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Anomaly wrote:

Look at Duffs Sig. Icon. The 00-15-30-45 have raised areas. It's been my main dislike for most of the Breitling line. To each their own, I know you and Duff love them. Just not my speed. The new one with its Generic Bezel looks sweet!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Look at Duffs Sig. Icon. The 00-15-30-45 have raised areas. It's been my main dislike for most of the Breitling line. To each their own, I know you and Duff love them. Just not my speed. The new one with its Generic Bezel looks sweet!

Yeah sorry Doc, gonna have to "agree to disagree" on that one New SuperOcean? Icon_twisted

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Yeah sorry Doc, gonna have to "agree to disagree" on that one New SuperOcean? Icon_twisted

Hey, that's what makes it fun. I appreciate that you guys love your B's and don't have to want one myself. The new B is nice and you don't like it - fine. That means that none of us are drinking the Kool Aid. New SuperOcean? 74725
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Hey, that's what makes it fun. I appreciate that you guys love your B's and don't have to want one myself. The new B is nice and you don't like it - fine. That means that none of us are drinking the Kool Aid. New SuperOcean? 74725

EXACTLY...course that is what grown men do New SuperOcean? Icon_cheers

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Superocean Standard Model
New SuperOcean? Breitling_superocean

Superocean Heritage
New SuperOcean? Breitling-Superocean-Heritage-46

New Standard Superocean Model
New SuperOcean? 2010SuperOcean
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:55 pm

That HERITAGE model is CRAZY cool!

I WISH the Avenger Seawolf was 46mm, amazing how much difference 2mm makes!

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Fuck you Doc!! New SuperOcean? 832207 whoops, wrong thread and forum!!! they make it easier to turn the bezel! The new bezel looks like its right of the super ocean heritage series and i've never cared for it! lets not turn breitling into a rolex or omega, leave the friggin bezel alone!

ps will give myself a warning, again for excessive use of the F word! Just thought it might brighten the day of a warm blooded American this morning!
Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:58 pm

cali kid wrote:
Fuck you Doc!! New SuperOcean? 832207 whoops, wrong thread and forum!!! they make it easier to turn the bezel! The new bezel looks like its right of the super ocean heritage series and i've never cared for it! lets not turn breitling into a rolex or omega, leave the friggin bezel alone!

ps will give myself a warning, again for excessive use of the F word! Just thought it might brighten the day of a warm blooded American this morning!

Err......Ok......

They used the bezel straight it looks like but with a Mod font insert instead of the plain one used in the Heritage model.
Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Anomaly wrote:

Dude, you're starting to scare me! Seawolf is huge at 44mm and plays even bigger on the wrist, we're not going to see yellow boxes New SuperOcean? 492736 start popping up at your house are we? New SuperOcean? Icon_geek

Last edited by cali kid on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:02 pm

They got it all wet because ther'ye embarrassed by it! trying to hide how ugly it is!! New SuperOcean? 744742
Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:10 pm

cali kid wrote:
They got it all wet because ther'ye embarrassed by it! trying to hide how ugly it is!! New SuperOcean? 744742

Man that is one Solid Cool watch.

BTW, I really appreciated your comment in the new Prometheus ad over at DWC:
"very nice, does the lume stay brite for a long time or fade real quick!"
Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Rider tabs are what make a Breitling stand out! The GENERIC BEZEL can be found on everything from Invictas to Omegas. Not a lot of difference in them. But the rider tabs RULE!!!! New SuperOcean? 933578 New SuperOcean? 74725 New SuperOcean? 803574
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:34 pm

cali kid wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Dude, you're starting to scare me! Seawolf is huge at 44mm and plays even bigger on the wrist, we're not going to see yellow boxes New SuperOcean? 492736 start popping up at your house are we? New SuperOcean? Icon_geek

FIRST, NO YELLOW BOXES!

2nd, maybe it's just me, the Below Zero seems MUCH bigger than the Seawolf...

...Maybe because the DIAL is bigger on the Hamilton, not sure...

New SuperOcean? SW3

New SuperOcean? ZeroBlackandWhite

Man, someone SHOOT me if I ever get rid of that Hamilton!

Love my Breitling but the Hamilton is NOT far behind!

Last edited by Anomaly on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Have you done the mod yet to the Hamilton?

New SuperOcean? 395667

Last edited by Docrwm on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Have you done the mod yet to the Hamilton?

No, STILL looking for the RIGHT bracelet...

...I don't see how I can add a diver's clasp to THIS?

New SuperOcean? HM1

I think I Hijacked my own thread...

Senior Associate
ericf4

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:13 pm

looks CHEAPO to me.....Ill stick with the old style!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:11 pm

I like it!!!!!

Ya'll are waaaaaay too critical.

New SuperOcean? Icon_sad

New SuperOcean? Lol
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:03 pm

I like the chapter ring on this new Breitling !
Great strap as well !..The bezel is terrific
looking too ! However, I like the regular
Breitling bezel also ! New SuperOcean? Icon_eek ..See this is what
happens when you like everything ! New SuperOcean? Icon_cheers
..Oh well maybe they could have a couple
removeable bezels come with this model ! New SuperOcean? Icon_smile

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:31 am

+1 on the rider tabs for me... The reason why I love the Seawolf and am underwhelmed (at best) with the heritage, is the fact that (to me) it doesn't look like a Breitling.

As for the size, I think the Seawolf is a PERFECT size for a sportwatch; big and substantial without being clownish.

I checked out the stainless and titanium Seawolfs (Seawolves?) over the past week or so, along with a 45mm PO. When all was said and done, I decided on a Ti on bracelet. Another whoor is born New SuperOcean? Icon_geek

It's SUPPOSED to arrive tomorrow. Sleep is unlikely...
Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:02 am

New SuperOcean? Breitling-46
New SuperOcean? Breitling9a-24
New SuperOcean? Nikonbpo-33
Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:59 am

Best of both worlds! New SuperOcean? 812159
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:42 am

Yep, Breitling w/o rider tabs is like...

Superman w/o a cap...

Batman w/o the mask...

Angeline Jolie w/o those gorgeous lips... New SuperOcean? Icon_twisted

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:12 am

I like the new bezel but I really like the tabs alot. It is what makes a Breitling so distinct. It IS Breitling. I hope they never get rid of them because it's kinda their trademark.
Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Still can't see the attraction of the bumps and exposed screw heads but to each their own. The new one looks terrific to my eye and I am looking forward to more information about it.
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Sorry, I like the old SuperOcean standard and the Heritage but the new SO at least in that pic looks like any other watch on the market and even reminds me of a *gasp* Invicta or what the Invicta copy will look like. Im sure it is much nicer in real life. Breitlings always are.

OK if they keep all 3 models but the Heritage and rider tabs have to stay.

Guess I am just getting tired of multicolored or large clown watches.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:28 pm

For me, I like all 3 models. There is enough of a difference between them that I would love to own each one.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:29 pm

I'd take any of them as well!
Northwestguy wrote:
For me, I like all 3 models. There is enough of a difference between them that I would love to own each one.
Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:09 pm

I just think the new standard SO is just that, a little to standard. It is too much like what alot of others are saying so I don't have to. I agree that the original bezel is unique and it is what sets Breitling apart. I like the original because you can see the quality before you feel it. I know the new one looks alot like others but you get that bad boy in you hand and you will know the dif. I still don't like it AS much. New SuperOcean? Icon_tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New SuperOcean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SuperOcean?   New SuperOcean? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New SuperOcean?
Page 1 of 1