The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks

Go down 
+5
andrema
ericf4
max
Anomaly
jackprime1
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Empty
PostSubject: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:23 pm

I've really been wanting a mesh bracelet for my Sandoz Sub with 2824-2 Swiss movement. It came with an oyster bracelet and that is just getting old and has quite a few scratches on it. I'm thinking mesh would be a good alternative. Definately adds a vintage look to the watch along with being pretty much scratch resistant. So I figure, let me give the mesh Jake is offering up for $20. Hell, if it's a piece of crap I'm only out $20. So I order from Jake. In the mean time Max receives the one he orders and states how nice it is for the money. Said the only thing was he wished it was a little thicker. After reading Max's post I'm even more psyched to get the bracelet. Of course you know it takes 10-14 days to get a shipment from Hong Kong via Registered Mail, so I'm like the pic Doc puts up of the kid that dug out the mailbox from the blizzard and is waiting patiently. Well my letter carrier is a POS and NEVER brings anything to the door that has to be signed for. He just leaves notice. So the parcel arrives on Friday but I couldn't get to the Post Office until yesterday. Let me tell you something, this bracelet is freakin awesome! It's the best $20 I have ever spent on watch related items. It feels like butter on the wrist! I've been wearing it continuously since yesterday and not one bit of arm hair yanked out! It easily fits my 8 1/4 inch wrist and could probably fit 8 3/4 inch wrist without a problem. It's X-TREMEly well made. The combination of brushed and polished case on the Sandoz matches perfectly with this bracelet. The only down side to this bracelet is the closure. Now for my Sandoz it isn't a problem but a diver type clasp would be my preference if putting it on my Breitling just because the diver clasp has at least 2 locking systems where this has 1. So that's it in a nutshell guys. You can't go wrong if looking for a great mesh bracelet at a dirt cheap price! Thanks for the bracelet Jake! Looks like a WINNER to me!! Now for my quick dirty shots and thanks for lookin you SUMMABEECHEZ!

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Picture282

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Picture286

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Picture287

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Picture288

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Picture289

Last edited by bodypeersur1 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Duff I am digging the mesh look...Great looking bracelet brutha...wear it well..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_cheers Thanks for the killer review and pics! I had considered one but held off because of my 8+in wrist and worries about hair pulling. You put those concerns to rest for sure. Glad you like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:31 pm

looks great Duff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:32 pm

It's by far higher quality than the price would indicate. Now this is 20mm non-tapering. I'm not sure if Jake has other sizes but this one definately............. Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks 933578
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:43 pm

And by the way Robert...when did we change the name of this little emoticon Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks 933578 to "duff" huh? When? He is a freakin X-TREMEly handsome little summabeech though!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:47 pm

Very cool dude!

Mesh is the new...old...new thang!

Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Told ya so!
Told ya so!
Told ya,told ya, told ya so!

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks 744742

Thinking of ordering a second one for my polished case Philip 3 hand. Great deal.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:39 pm

im getting a jock strap made of that shit.......For summer it will be a good look for me.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:41 pm

ericf4 wrote:
im getting a jock strap made of that shit.......For summer it will be a good look for me.
It makes for good diapers too Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:43 pm

andrema wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
It makes for good diapers too Eric

And if you have a daughter it makes for a great chastity belt!!! Keep them summabeechez away from your baby girl!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:19 pm

max wrote:
Told ya so!
Told ya so!
Told ya,told ya, told ya so!

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks 744742

Thinking of ordering a second one for my polished case Philip 3 hand. Great deal.

That you did Max and you couldn't have been more correct! This bracelet is definitely worth every cent and I may just jump on another after I take care of a couple of GREAT FRIENDS here first!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Congrats to you Duff !!! That DEFINITELY is a winner of a mesh bracelet
you got ! Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_biggrin From the pictures, and your description, it sounds OUTSTANDING !
Plus like you said for the price ! WOW ! Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_eek You can't go wrong ! Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_cheers I like
how these mesh bracelets are coming back into style. They look great, are
evidently VERY comfortable, and can REALLY take a watch to another cool
level !..Looks perfect Duff !..ENJOY !

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:22 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
you got ! Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_biggrin From the pictures, and your description, it sounds OUTSTANDING !
Plus like you said for the price ! WOW ! Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_eek You can't go wrong ! Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_cheers I like

Thanks Tom. The bracelet is freakin KILLER and if you are looking to try out a mesh and aren't ready to spend upwards of $300+, this is the way to see if you even like them! I'm thinking slapping it on the Breitling to see if I like the look. That has 20mm lugs also.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:02 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks Tom. The bracelet is freakin KILLER and if you are looking to try out a mesh and aren't ready to spend upwards of $300+, this is the way to see if you even like them! I'm thinking slapping it on the Breitling to see if I like the look. That has 20mm lugs also.

Your welcome sir ! By the way, that DOES sound like a GREAT way to test drive a mesh bracelet.
I can only imagine how UNBELIEVABLY cool that mesh would look on your Breitling also ! Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_cool Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks 933578

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Cool!

Liked it so much, I ordered one too. We'll see how it looks on the TAG Heuer Super Pro 1000M. If it seems to shiny, I'll move it over to the Orange monster.

Thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:29 pm

argabright wrote:
Cool!

Liked it so much, I ordered one too. We'll see how it looks on the TAG Heuer Super Pro 1000M. If it seems to shiny, I'll move it over to the Orange monster.

Thanks for the tip.

Hell Bro, if it's too shiny hit it with a scotch brite pad! Those things are awesome in giving something shiny a brushed finish or touching up a scratched brushed finish. Between that and the Scratch pen I got from Jake I made an older beat up watch look new again! Go for the mesh. I think you'll love what you get for your $20. Now I'm not sure if both of the watches you mention have 20mm lugs so be sure first. Jake will tell you if he has other sizes. Just e-mail him.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Nice one, bud....bought a vintage chinese from Jake and it came on a mesh....loved it!
Also had that Sandoz watch but the two toned blue version back in 2004....the bracelet was rattly so I sold it to a guy in Alaska.....I should have tried a mesh haha!

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Dialandmeshview
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Likin' the mesh Duff! Great look for the watch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:36 pm

I like mesh duff but not that style.if its done as a strap style with holes and tang and buckle or this type where the mesh goes through the friction clamp.either way,thats extra mesh that raises the strap off the wrist.I prefer the zinex and omega style.even the uts mesh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:48 pm

yamahaki wrote:
I like mesh duff but not that style.if its done as a strap style with holes and tang and buckle or this type where the mesh goes through the friction clamp.either way,thats extra mesh that raises the strap off the wrist.I prefer the zinex and omega style.even the uts mesh.

I hear ya Sean but for those who have never tried Mesh this seems a very inexpensive way to get their feet wet. The Omega mesh is a bit on the pricey side and if I recall, while not AS much, so is the Zinex/Zixen mesh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Docrwm wrote:
yamahaki wrote:

I hear ya Sean but for those who have never tried Mesh this seems a very inexpensive way to get their feet wet. The Omega mesh is a bit on the pricey side and if I recall, while not AS much, so is the Zinex/Zixen mesh.

Maybe so Sean but as Robert stated, if you haven't owned mesh this is a very inexpensive way to try it out. As stated, I probably wouldn't utilize it on my Breitling because of the single safety closure, but $20 compared to $300 and up is quite a difference if you want to just try a mesh bracelet. As you probably don't own one of these because of the configuration, it is extremely nice for the money. The quality of the mesh alone is well worth the money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:38 pm

I like this bud! I'm old school and like the Oyster bracelet but this really give the Sandoz a fresh look! I never would have thought to put that on the Sandoz but it really looks great! CONGRATS on a new, fresh look to that bad boy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:06 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
yamahaki wrote:

Maybe so Sean but as Robert stated, if you haven't owned mesh this is a very inexpensive way to try it out. As stated, I probably wouldn't utilize it on my Breitling because of the single safety closure, but $20 compared to $300 and up is quite a difference if you want to just try a mesh bracelet. As you probably don't own one of these because of the configuration, it is extremely nice for the money. The quality of the mesh alone is well worth the money.

well since I'm being quoted I'll say this.buying cheap gets you cheap.the links on that one look very coarse.Doesn't matter whether someone has owned a mesh before or not.Buying a cheap one doesn't help at all.you might now think that all mesh pulls hair or come away feeling that if you bought a more expensive mesh that it wouldn't be much better. vollmar,staub,omega all make very good mesh thats much thicker and uses better manufacturing to produce them.The last thing I'm going to cheeze out on is a strap,bracelet or mesh.people bitch about the price of the marathon bracelet until its on their wrist then the price makes sense.
I don't buy 5 dollar straps for a 5k watch.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:29 pm

How did I miss this thread?!! OMFG Duff. That is one sweet combination. Wow!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:32 pm

yamahaki wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
yamahaki wrote:

well since I'm being quoted I'll say this.buying cheap gets you cheap.the links on that one look very coarse.Doesn't matter whether someone has owned a mesh before or not.Buying a cheap one doesn't help at all.you might now think that all mesh pulls hair or come away feeling that if you bought a more expensive mesh that it wouldn't be much better. vollmar,staub,omega all make very good mesh thats much thicker and uses better manufacturing to produce them.The last thing I'm going to cheeze out on is a strap,bracelet or mesh.people bitch about the price of the marathon bracelet until its on their wrist then the price makes sense.
I don't buy 5 dollar straps for a 5k watch.

And you Sean are correct. I already said I wouldn't buy this bracelet for my Breitling but apparently you're not hearing what I'm saying. Second, I'm not going to buy a $300 plus bracelet for a $200 watch. Third, some of us just don't have that kind of cash to lay out for a bracelet. I've already said that this is VERY COMFORTABLE ON THE WRIST AND NOT ONE HAIR WAS PULLED. Sorry Bro, but I think you're so focused on what YOU prefer that you aren't taking in to consideration that not everyone think or looks at things the same as you do. Buy what you like Bro, just don't down someone else because they can't afford it or don't wish to spend that kind of money. CHEEZE OUT??? Your opinion. I personally like the bracelet. Really don't care if you think it's worth it or not. Nuff said....moving right along!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Duff you said it best, you are happy and that's what counts...

Everyone's opinion is just that...an OPINION, not the rule or the gospel for EVERYONE, just them individually.

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:20 pm

Perfect combination of looks and price for the Sandoz Duff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:37 am

cool bracelet, great entery level mesh product! think you're right about spending a ton of money on a 200 dollar watch! enjoy it and maybe another time you can get a thicker mesh bracelet with a divers clasp for your Breitling if you dig the mesh! 20 bucks well spent! Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks 933578 !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:52 am

. . . I have a similar style on a Croton, I bought the watch just for the mesh bracelet. For the dough . . . good stuff!!!! I use it to try different watches on the mesh, and decide if it's what I want on them . . . . Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks 933578
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks   Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mesh from Jake at DOT Watchworks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: