The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Empty
PostSubject: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 am

I dont own this brand but i have met the owner and real cool dude...I think this watch is cool since I love skulls...
NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition NFWRED
Coming out in July: Limited Edition AutoPilot, also using our Skull & Tridents artwork to commemorate our race car with iW magazine. Will be limited to 111 pieces, since that's our race car's number. All-black case/bezel/bracelet. Red sunray dial, black Skull & Tridents, with white BGW9 SuperLuminova on the hands & dial markers. Powered by the hot new Miyota 9015 automatic movement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:53 am

Very Cool watch, great job George! NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition 933578
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:57 am

I WANT THAT ONE, any idea on Costs???

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:02 pm

would think 500-600 dollar range! Just a guess!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Anomaly wrote:
I WANT THAT ONE, any idea on Costs???

Thats a great question...I will email him and see what he says alan.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Here is another version..
NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition NFWSKULLSTAINLESS
Here is rough 2D rendering sneak peek of one of the forthcoming Limited Edition AutoPilots, commemorating the race car that NFW sponsors with iW magazine. The car number is 111, so there will be only 111 of this model made. The Skull & Tridents design on the dial is the artwork that I designed for the race car. This one will be a fully polished case, bezel, and bracelet. The black dial will have the Skull & Tridents done in a liquid metallic effect. Not a watch for the timid soul
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Black dial look SICK!

VERY tempted on one of these!

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Black dial look SICK!

VERY tempted on one of these!
Yeah it looks good but only limited to 111 pcs and thats it...I sent him a message to find out what the price is. Lets see what he says..but overall I really like this watch. Never owned one before but I hear good things about the brand and know the owner really cares about his brand and clients.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:09 pm

I have a 3 hand auto; great watch fro a GREAT guy! That black/red is pretty hot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:54 pm

OK.....guess I gotta go against the grain on this one.....

I really like George's newer line — but the inclusion of the skull just doesn't do anything for me. My son would no doubt appreciate it, but then again, he gets his rocks off every time Uncle Sam lets him go out to the firing range and run through a couple hundred dollars' worth of 50-caliber ammo....

I know....I guess this means I'm over the friggin' hill. Next stop: the satin-lined single bed.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:21 pm

NFW is on fire today ! Thanks Jack ! These are all OUTSTANDING ! NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition 46145
I think this skull theme works EXTREMELY well on these watches.
They are limited, and they just plain look TERRIFIC ! NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_smile I like how
the NFW emblem is used in the skull too. That black with red dial
is scary good. However, the stainless steel with black is EXCEPTIONAL
as well ! Both of these are excellent imho !

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Now that stainless with black dial does pique my interest. Unfortunately my watch fund is empty so it could be $20 and I'd be out of luck! I do like the design though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:30 pm

nope
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:49 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
NFW is on fire today ! Thanks Jack ! These are all OUTSTANDING ! NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition 46145
They are limited, and they just plain look TERRIFIC ! NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_smile I like how

Your welcome bro...I agree with ya also on the skull...my opinion its a hot watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:56 pm

NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition BR01-92-Airborne_main
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:07 pm

porschefan wrote:

Sick watch...
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:17 pm

jackprime1 wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Your welcome bro...I agree with ya also on the skull...my opinion its a hot watch.

porschefan wrote:

This Limited Edition Auto Pilot is DEFINITELY a winner Jack ! NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition 803574

That's a scary good Bell & Ross too Tim ! NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_biggrin Not that it's necessarily
the most practical, but it's still unique enough ! NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_cheers Unfortunately
it's way up there in price though. NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_eek ..It's interesting how the skull
theme has gotten bigger over recent years.

Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Very cool version of the AP. I love the Red dial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:23 pm

My personal opinion is the AP Skull is MUCH NICER than the B&R.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:33 am

WOW, I really like that watch, even though I'm not a big fan of black IP. I own one NFW and I really would like to get an AutoPilot into the collection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 am

Hello Gents,

Just a little background on the Skull & Tridents artwork that appears on the dial of these L.E. AutoPilots:

Last year the editor-in-chief at iW magazine called me to see if I'd have any interest in co-sponsoring a race car with the magazine. I immediately thought it sounded like a lot of fun so I said sure! The deal was that we'd kick-in some cash to take a stock Honda Accord and do a lot of modifications on it to make it race-worthy, plus a few watches for the race officials and for our team. I didn't want to just put our standard NFW logo on the car, but instead wanted to come up with something a little more edgy and fun. So I took our "trident" that's used in our logo and on all of our second hands, and used them as the "crossbones" to go behind a skull. I designed the skull to look a bit mean & nasty. We put these all over the car and it looked great.

So, I posted some pics of the car on a few watch forums. The response to this Skull & Tridents artwork was huge. So, we made some t-shirts & hats with this emblem and sold tons of them. And a few people also asked me if they could use the design for some tattoo work. I was honored that some people would actually want to ink this on their bodies!

Well, I had been wanting to come out with a L.E. version of the AutoPilot, something a bit different, that as a unique story behind it. And since our race car is number 111, and my first son was born at 1:11 AM, that seemed like an appropriate quantity for this Limited Edition.

And that's how it all evolved.... :>)

George
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:49 pm

G.Fox wrote:
Hello Gents,

Just a little background on the Skull & Tridents artwork that appears on the dial of these L.E. AutoPilots:

Last year the editor-in-chief at iW magazine called me to see if I'd have any interest in co-sponsoring a race car with the magazine. I immediately thought it sounded like a lot of fun so I said sure! The deal was that we'd kick-in some cash to take a stock Honda Accord and do a lot of modifications on it to make it race-worthy, plus a few watches for the race officials and for our team. I didn't want to just put our standard NFW logo on the car, but instead wanted to come up with something a little more edgy and fun. So I took our "trident" that's used in our logo and on all of our second hands, and used them as the "crossbones" to go behind a skull. I designed the skull to look a bit mean & nasty. We put these all over the car and it looked great.

So, I posted some pics of the car on a few watch forums. The response to this Skull & Tridents artwork was huge. So, we made some t-shirts & hats with this emblem and sold tons of them. And a few people also asked me if they could use the design for some tattoo work. I was honored that some people would actually want to ink this on their bodies!

Well, I had been wanting to come out with a L.E. version of the AutoPilot, something a bit different, that as a unique story behind it. And since our race car is number 111, and my first son was born at 1:11 AM, that seemed like an appropriate quantity for this Limited Edition.

And that's how it all evolved.... :>)

George

Great story George...Watch looks great...Thanks for clarifying the inspiration behind the LE...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:59 pm

the AP is a great case, solid and well built. The thing about George is his watches are original, made to his specs and no other company has them like some of the other companies that buy a case design that several are using, throw on a different dial and caseback and say it's theirs, they are all nice watches but not original like GF.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks for stopping by and giving us some cool information Mr. Fox !
Congratulations with the whole IW Racing team thing. NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_cheers That sounds
like it's going to be TREMENDOUSLY fun ! Plus that skull and tridents has
to be one of the coolest watch emblems or race team logos going. I can
see that logo being used on special edition NFW watches for a long long
time ! NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition 46145 EXTREMELY NICE job with the watch, as well as the new logo,
and team sir ! Good Luck to you with all of this !!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition   NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFW Auto Pilot Limited Edition
Page 1 of 1