The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now I remember why...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

Now I remember why... Empty
PostSubject: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:45 pm

...I don't frequent a certain watch TV forum. I just stopped by and posted to the wrist check thread for today. There were already 63 posts before mine. After posting my photo, I went back to look at all the previous posts. Out of 63 watches, there were about three...MAYBE four, that I would accept in my collection.

Granted that I'm a terrible watch snob, but I saw 60 watches I'd just as soon give away than wear on my wrist.

Check it out yourself (if you can). Let us know how many could earn a place in YOUR rotation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Man so many things I could say here, but most have already been said, ad nausem...

My analogy...

...it's like diggin' sci-fi movies but only watching Star Wars. There are SOOOO many other GREAT sci-fi movies to watch.

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:42 pm

Among the reasons I've never even watched a TV watch shop show.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Actually saw more variety today than usual.
Nice Hammy Tachymiler (but prefer the single-tone version).
Stuhrling Doctors watch caught my eye (have tried hard to like SOs but no such luck yet)
I think most that I liked were XMT'ers. cheers
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:51 pm

Wow Tom! I posted in the same thread about 2 pics before you. I went back and viewed the posts prior to yours and mine and found several watches that were not TV brands and wouldn't mind owning them:

Wenger
Maurice Lacroix
Vostok Europe
Moscow Classic
Seiko Monster Mod
Ebel
Zodiac
Breitling
Tag Link
Citizen Ecodrive
Couple of Hamilton 7750's
Hublot
Accutron
Doxa
Couple Of Omegas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:57 pm

. . . I actually had myself removed from "The Place That Shall Not Be Named" . . . just to keep myself from self inflicted aggravation . . . Now I remember why... Icon_albino
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:10 pm

First of all, your sig is freakin hilarious! Had to get that outta the way...

Second, usually i agree - most times i log into the WRUW thread at WG it's Invicta Reserve, Invicta, Croton, Invicta, Stuhrling, Croton, Invicta Reserve, Invicta Reserve.....

Just logged in for the first time in a while and saw some nice surprises, i must admit.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Obviously the TV watches are going to dominate there but increasingly more variety is showing up. I don't post there all the time but have recently gotten several PMs asking where they can get a non TV brand watch that I've posted. Everyday relatively new watch afficianados are realizing there are many watch brands outside of the TV fare that initally got them interested.
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Which demonstrates my side point...I AM a terrible watch snob! Now I remember why... Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:58 pm

FreeDive wrote:
First of all, your sig is freakin hilarious! Had to get that outta the way...
Thanks, I love it too.

How stupid does a guy have to be to try a stunt like that? Negative IQ?
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:01 pm

pacifichrono wrote:
Which demonstrates my side point...I AM a terrible watch snob! Now I remember why... Icon_twisted

I look at it this way-post up something they have'nt seen before and you'll likely help others to see the light. Its all subjective, you've got some of the nicest vintage watches I've seen anywhere. But in others eyes there are likely a couple stinkers in your collection also.
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:58 pm

merichar wrote:
pacifichrono wrote:

I look at it this way-post up something they have'nt seen before and you'll likely help others to see the light. Its all subjective, you've got some of the nicest vintage watches I've seen anywhere. But in others eyes there are likely a couple stinkers in your collection also.
Excellent points, Mark. I guess I can post over there once in awhile, it's just a hassle to post daily watches on a fifth forum when I don't spend any time there due to the topics discussed. Maybe once a week I'll do that, assuming my membership remains active. Now I remember why... Icon_eek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:21 pm

pacifichrono wrote:

Tom,

I didn't know that you were a regular at TZ? Wow, learn something new about folks every day Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now I remember why...   Now I remember why... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now I remember why...
Page 1 of 1