The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Empty
PostSubject: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 4:03 pm

Bored and the tool set at home i tore into my monsters!! Put a black plongeur set on my orange monster with ease until i got to the second hand and fought it for 20 minutes until i pulled the loupe out and realized they painted and lumed the wrong side (tube side of the second hand)!Jays hands are the best and hey cant be perfect all the time so i just put the black second hand from the OM back on! Jay's C3 hands are dead on with seiko lume! Sorry my lume shots suck but you get the idea of what they look like and we all know how badass seiko lume is anyway!!
Pics!!

Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! 003-14

Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! 013-3
Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! 011-4

So now i've got the orange monster hands off with the black outline and think these wil look bitchin' on the black monster, so pop them on and use the stock second hand since the black one i had to use on the OM! Love the how the hands hide but you can see them perfectly and the light colored second hand was a good choice and think it will stay!

pics..

Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! 007-7

Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! 014-3

Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! 009-9

I think they both kick ass and hands are a great way to start to mod, makes sure you buy a cheap hand remover and a couple hand setters and it makes the job so much more easy! hope you dig them as much as i do!! Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! 933578 We have so many places to buy things and you cant go wrong with any but for hands i've been very happy with Jay (motorcity watchworks), in the states and you get them so fast and quality is top notch! We are so lucky to have guys like Jay, Noah and Jake around to help us out! Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! 46145

ps: you never know what those black monster hands might end up on, maybe a swiss piece!! Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Lookin good Trev! One day I'll get brave....BUT NOT NOW!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:37 pm

They both look great. The black outlined hands look SO much better on the BM than the stock. Nice jobs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:05 pm

cool mods! It's fun doing these types of hand changes and give a watch new life
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:37 pm

It's AMAZING how changing hands on a watch can change
the feel of a watch. Honestly have to say, "modding" has been
one of the COOLEST things I have learned about recently ! Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_cheers
I didn't really know about it, before I joined XMT believe it or
not. It's awesome having your eyes opened to the different
layers, or parts of this hobby. As well as seeing all of the
possibilities too ! Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_smile..These Monsters came out excellent !!!
The hands look perfect, and even though I can't do this. I
know it's must be extremely fun, and rewarding to be able
to do ! Congrats Trevor !!!

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:36 pm

You're a fricken modding machine!!! Nice work bro, making me want to start a new project!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:44 am

Yea, uh. Oops. After Trevor sent me an email about this I promptly sent out a replacement seconds hand and then checked all my remaining stock, yep, Trevor got the only one that had the tube wrong.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:55 am

Great work...

I'd have to get a set of tools before I try anything like that...

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:55 am

Trevor, did you try swaping the chapter rings? I think it would be a pretty cool look. If you try it let us know...that is something that I always wanted to see on a stock monster!

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 pm

andrema wrote:
Trevor, did you try swaping the chapter rings? I think it would be a pretty cool look. If you try it let us know...that is something that I always wanted to see on a stock monster!

I've seen it - it ain't pretty IMHO. Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:18 pm

Jay has some sweet chapter rings and i'm sure that one of them is for a seiko monster, not up on seiko parts numbers but he has like three different models!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:32 pm

cali kid wrote:
Jay has some sweet chapter rings and i'm sure that one of them is for a seiko monster, not up on seiko parts numbers but he has like three different models!
Saw these two on monsterwatches http://www.monsterwatches.nl/index.php/duikers-start/monster-info-menu/prijzenmonsters

Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Blacko10

Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Orange10

I think if the minute/hour hands were swapped, it wouldn't look too bad. I acutally like the black with orange ring.

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:08 pm

Great looking swap, Trevor, especially the orange jewel-ious. Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_wink

Agree with you, Mark. I'd really like the orange ringed one if the center were gray.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!   Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seiko hands and my tools were home last night!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: