The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

just for fun!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Not in the panny club but had this 45mm radiomir style case and thought i would do something neat with it! Had a nice metalflake green dial with the 9 and i tried to put the second hand in it to and it just didnt work(45mm with a second hand there is no 9)on to plan E with this one, had a dial with no second hand and just painted it flat black and put some orange superluminova on the bottom dial! Tried to sterlize the caseback and broke the glass trying to get it out, got the back done and had a piece of plexi-glass laser cut to fit and bought the Asian 6497 from a guy in New Jersey that sell movements and it was kinda nice not having to wait 3 weeks! anyway it's a poser watch but all in all think it came out OK! Sorry about the lent and dust, clean them and they look god until the pis are done, not retaking pics of a replica even if i had a hand in most of it!! just for fun!! Lol

just for fun!! 002-18

just for fun!! 003-15

just for fun!! 004-12

just for fun!! 007-8
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Dude you are ROCKIN' the Mods!

How is the lume?

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:35 pm

Sucks!! put it on thick and orange just doesnt pop! Now the green lume i had ready to go is torch like but after screwing up the top dial knew i had a couple other dials that i had did a few weeks ago and just went with them! Out of the four superluminova colors i have this is the order in strentgh
1. Green.. glow green
2. white.. glow green
3. blue.. glows blue
4. orange..glows a yellow orange

Shouldnt have tried to cram a second hand on the smaller dial with a 9 cut-out! ended up screwing up two dials!
Back to top Go down

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Very nice job. NIce looking movement too, really sharp.
Back to top Go down

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Another cool one! You're just getting all kinds of mod crazy! Where did you get your lume from? I have a couple things I want to work one. Is it difficult to apply?
Back to top Go down

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Get the AF switzerland kits (lume poweder, glue and thinnner with mixing bowl and oiler! they says it's much better the the paste made by bergeon! get it from otto frei or watchmaterials.com (cool little place)

just for fun!! L_paste20orange

watchmaterials has white or orange, otto frie has them all but out of orange at the moment about 35 bucks and it goes a long way!
Back to top Go down

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Docrwm wrote:

hey doc the guy is up in jersey and has a few different models at the same prices as asian places!

777watchpartsusa ( 28just for fun!! IconYellowStar_25x25) 100% Positive feedback
Back to top Go down

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Excellent work Trevor! Great movement to use for this case.
What's the diameter of the caseback crystal? I have a mineral crystal you could have if it fits.
Back to top Go down

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Here is the green dial with some lume still in the numbers i put it on the bottom dial so thick! still going to use this color on a dial that i can pop off all the hour markers and then replace them after painting, maybe one of my oniss with snowflake hands? just for fun!! Icon_scratch Glass looks to be 33.30MM Ron

just for fun!! 018-2

just for fun!! 020

It was ready to go and at the last second decided to try to put a second hand on it, bad choice as it didnt work!!
Back to top Go down

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:39 pm

the one I have is 33.00 and with the plastic ring it's 33.4, If you want it it's yours

cali kid wrote:
Here is the green dial with some lume still in the numbers i put it on the bottom dial so thick! still going to use this color on a dial that i can pop off all the hour markers and then replace them after painting, maybe one of my oniss with snowflake hands? just for fun!! Icon_scratch Glass looks to be 33.30MM Ron

just for fun!! 018-2

just for fun!! 020

It was ready to go and at the last second decided to try to put a second hand on it, bad choice as it didnt work!!
Back to top Go down

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:46 pm

lume shot of what was left in the top dial!! it would have been nice!If you're not going to use it all take it Ron, i'm sure this plexi-glass is going to scratch up real fast! I might just do this mod all over again, they way i wanted it to be!!

just for fun!! 022
Back to top Go down

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:59 pm

cali kid wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

hey doc the guy is up in jersey and has a few different models at the same prices as asian places!

777watchpartsusa ( 28just for fun!! IconYellowStar_25x25) 100% Positive feedback

That's really a great find. He's even got PVD coated movements Shocked
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Looks great man!!!

When you get sick of it, mail it to sunny CT just for fun!! Icon_biggrin

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Great job Trevor! Even though the lume is poor on the orange, it still looks great during the day! The radiomir case design is one of my favorites!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Another home run Trevor ! just for fun!! 803574 I think that dial came out REALLY
well by the way. The flat black looks perfect on that watch. Add
in some awesome orange lume and you have an insanely cool
combination. Even that strap seems to pull a little extra out of
that orange too ! I have to say, the watch looks priceless imho.
What a fantastic looking movement by the way ! just for fun!! Icon_cyclops TERRIFIC
job once again !!! Enjoy !

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:42 pm

. . . another nice piece of work there Trevor! The orange looks great behind the dial face . . . personally, lume is not a deal breaker for me. Half the watches I own have piss poor factory lume anyways . . . so I just see it a sbonus, or I choose a watch with good lume if I think I'll be prowling the dark . . . albino
Back to top Go down

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:01 am

AtomicTom wrote:
Another home run Trevor ! just for fun!! 803574 I think that dial came out REALLY
What a fantastic looking movement by the way ! just for fun!! Icon_cyclops TERRIFIC

Thanks AT, my guys at work said it would look better on a black strap but i thought this tan strap really made the orange on the dial pop! Good call buddy!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:43 pm

cali kid wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks AT, my guys at work said it would look better on a black strap but i thought this tan strap really made the orange on the dial pop! Good call buddy!

You're very welcome sir ! You definitely thought right with that tan strap. The color REALLY does make
that dial pop ! just for fun!! Icon_cyclops The entire combination works perfect, and the watch couldn't have come out better
imho ! Fantastic stuff !!! Thanks !

Sponsored content

just for fun!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: just for fun!!   just for fun!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just for fun!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: