The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Empty
PostSubject: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Been trying to use some kick-ass green paint and keep screwing up! Well i just put a new dial and hands in my oniss diver yesterday and it looked good but just wasnt quite what i wanted and when Ron mention if it was the case that Alan gave me i said no but a light bulb went off in my tiny head!! I will use the cali dial on the "alan project watch" i will gently pull all the hour markers off and paint the original dial the green i so want to use, let it dry over night and put the markers back on add a new set of jay's kick-ass plongeur hands in torch like C3 superluminova and gently put it all back together!! Sounded great and painted last night, this morning my lume pip arrived so i finished installing it and got to work! Hard to pick up the color on the camera but its a great green, with a eta 2824 running this machine i brushed the bracelet and case then took it a little farther and used a fiberglass pen (scratch,ouch) and did the bezel numbers, flat spots and side (the whole friggin bezel) and for once everything worked just as planned!
Enjoy the pics...

when i got it back into my possession.

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 003-13

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 001-18

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 002-16

Yesterday, just waiting for the pip????? third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_scratch

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 022-1

and now after you all are bored crazy, the final product!!! third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 933578

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 002-19

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 007-9

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 014-5

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 003-16

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 004-13

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 005-12

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 006-10

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 008-8

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 001-21

Cant seem to get the green to pop but all keep trying!
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:24 pm

HEY TREV, LOOKS GREAT. THAT GREEN YOU USED ON THE DIAL IS AWESOME!!! THANKS FOR THE PICS. STEVE
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:29 pm

Dude that looks great!

Need to put that CALI dial on SOMETHING though!

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:39 pm

Cali dial is going in the Alan project watch! Here is a couple studio shots (i hate shooting inside and i suck at it) but it gives you a bit more of the grren!! color is somewhere between the outside shots and inside!

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 002-20

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 004-14

man i suck, too much light and washed the hands right out! I'm a wrist shot guy in the sun! Flashlight gives it an uneven color but it's not, i give up!

Last edited by cali kid on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:42 pm

COngratulations on it all finally coming together for you! Very nice finished product. I'm amazed at how great the case and bracelet ended up looking after you were finished. Not to take away from the dial at all but I have several watches that I'm tempted to treat like you did the case/bracelet and your finished product is inspiring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Still pissed i cant get a good picture, how about a truck shot!

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 011-6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 pm

amazing job on putting the hour markers back on, I screwed up a dial doing that.
Looks great with no minute markings just the hours, always cool to see your next mod!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:25 pm

SUHWEEEET Trev! You'll be sellin those babies soon! third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:01 pm

Duff, all i'm doing is taking a 300 dollar watch spending 50 bucks on it and countless hours to make it a 100 dollar watch?? something is wrong with this picture third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_scratch but it's fun and keeps me out of trouble!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:05 pm

cali kid wrote:
Duff, all i'm doing is taking a 300 dollar watch spending 50 bucks on it and countless hours to make it a 100 dollar watch?? something is wrong with this picture third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_scratch but it's fun and keeps me out of trouble!

Well they look great Bro! And each one moves a notch up! third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_cheers And FUN is what watches are all about!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 pm

doesnt it look kinda like that invicta blue lapis, sand stone or whatever rock they made dials from? third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_scratch Can you say dupli-color, my paint has more pop! Kinda like the MOP sticker dials with a wrinkle in it! third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 492736 third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:47 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
SUHWEEEET Trev! You'll be sellin those babies soon! third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_twisted

C'mon, Duff. Come up with something original to say... third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_wink third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_lol

https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/parts-mod-links-and-reference-f11/sneak-peak-t4370.htm
(fourth post)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:51 pm

porschefan wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:

C'mon, Duff. Come up with something original to say... third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_wink third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_lol

https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/parts-mod-links-and-reference-f11/sneak-peak-t4370.htm
(fourth post)

Hmm, how did I miss your other post.....BYTE ME TIMMY!!! third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 869119 That's a BIOTCH SLAP!!! third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 pm

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:30 pm

Nice job Trev! Looks like one of those highly touted sandstone dials I been hearing about...only nicer!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:29 pm

WTG Trevor! Fabulous mod-over! How did you get those hour markers put back on so well? The metallic green is very COOL! Your brushing is as good as it gets. CONGRATS!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:44 pm

Woohoo ! Now THAT'S impressive !!! third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 46145 third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 803574 third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! 46145
That dial can put you in a trance if your not careful !
The color is great, and there is almost a 3D effect
happening as well. The watch REALLY came out NICE !
Kind of makes you wonder why watch companies don't
try stuff like this themselves ! In any case, THIS watch
is very unique and, also very smooth !

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:23 am

Northwestguy wrote:
WTG Trevor! Fabulous mod-over! How did you get those hour markers put back on so well? The metallic green is very COOL! Your brushing is as good as it gets. CONGRATS!

there are two tiny, very tiny holes in the dial under each marker! the marker has two post on its underside! the trick is getting them back in and putting a superglue spot on the back off the dial on each post! Let it dry and then sand it down a touch because the date wheel runs under the same spot on the dial! i've got a stripped dial at work i will post tomorrow, not sure my camera will macro down to the pin holes in the dial! after i paint a dial i use a straight pin to open up the holes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:14 am

Good work Trevor! Keep em coming man! third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!   third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

third times a charm, a lucky charm!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: