The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
jackprime1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Empty
PostSubject: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:01 am

So what does everyone think about this watch...I really don't know too
much about the company but I do like the watch and the movement. Anyone
own this model and can tell me a bit about it? is it worth buying?

Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Deepblue2000m
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:04 am

Same case, different company bro...

...must be SIX companies using that case!

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:05 am

Anomaly wrote:
Same case, different company bro...

...must be SIX companies using that case!

Just dont understand why they would do that....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:08 am

about the cheapest of the bunch but the wilson watchworks looks the best to me (sterile dial) there is a gang of places that bought this case and i dont really care for both hands being orange on the deep blue! do a little research ann you will find alot of brands selling the same watch!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:11 am

thanks guys...gonna stay away from it...I have a couple watches in mind that I want to add to the collection shortly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:40 am

maybe ask about it on WG.its the best frigging 2000m dive watch on the planet according to them.

I think theres like 10 companies using that identical case.only differences is dial,hands, movement and name.fullswing sells it as a kit.
They have to so the watch retains its wr rating.I figure if these are selling for 499.00 with a miyota in it then the kits cost about
175.00 plus the movement.These companies that sell them make a 100% profit on them.So you are really paying for a 200.00 watch.

I guess that doesn't matter to many people today though.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:06 am

yamahaki wrote:
maybe ask about it on WG.its the best frigging 2000m dive watch on the planet according to them.

I think theres like 10 companies using that identical case.only differences is dial,hands, movement and name.fullswing sells it as a kit.
They have to so the watch retains its wr rating.I figure if these are selling for 499.00 with a miyota in it then the kits cost about
175.00 plus the movement.These companies that sell them make a 100% profit on them.So you are really paying for a 200.00 watch.

Hah - I was lurking on that WG thread Sean.
Decided to stay out of it.

Yes Jack I have one - Mini Review and Pictures Here

Also happen to love it (sorry Sean).
The most accurate auto I own, including my PO
Don't really care how many use this case - especially since so many divers look like this.
Just glad I stumbled on the $600 version vs. one of the super inflated boutique models.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:11 am

jaw wrote:
Don't really care how many use this case - especially since so many divers look like this.
Just glad I stumbled on the $600 version vs. one of the super inflated boutique models.
I believe the WWW version goes for about that amount too...

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:54 am

jaw wrote:
yamahaki wrote:

Thanks Jaw for your review and pics...I have to say its a nice watch and definitely worth the money. I might have to pick one of these up...Will keep you posted...Thanks again..
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:00 am

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:12 am

Anomaly wrote:
Did you see this?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=382862

Yes thats what actually made me look into that watch brand...That is a great deal...mmmmm...very tempting....thanks for the heads up Alan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:17 am

jaw wrote:
yamahaki wrote:

No offense but if that base 2824 is more accurate than your po,either you have a replica movement or the watch is sick and needs work.I've read more of those dumbass statements lately like cheap insert brand here keeps better time than my rolex and omegas.I just wish that someone would back that statement up with a timing sheet from a watchmaker.A base 2824 is only as accurate as its base range unless it was adjusted by the company before shipping and stan didn't adjust the movements in that watch.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:35 am

yamahaki wrote:
jaw wrote:
yamahaki wrote:

No offense but if that base 2824 is more accurate than your po,either you have a replica movement or the watch is sick and needs work.I've read more of those dumbass statements lately like cheap insert brand here keeps better time than my rolex and omegas.I just wish that someone would back that statement up with a timing sheet from a watchmaker.A base 2824 is only as accurate as its base range unless it was adjusted by the company before shipping and stan didn't adjust the movements in that watch.

EASY THERE BIG Y!

Everyone's personal experience is THEIR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. I have read of more than one person having initial movement issues with the PO too due to the CO-AX movement. Some "out of the box - as is" ETAs are DEAD accurate, like the one in my LM-7, keeps GREAT time!

**EDIT...in fact if I am CORRECT, there is an SW 200 in my LM7 with is STILL very accurate and wasn't adjusted

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:57 pm

None taken - Like I said "Sorry Sean"
I knew you weren't gonna like that.
And I won't begin to go toe-2-toe with you on Watch Jeopardy - you just know too damn much.

Honestly, I didn't believe it myself.
Like you said a base 2824 should not be this accurate - but it is what it is.
Maybe there's really a quartz in there with an accelerometer and software to make it stop after 40hrs of no motion.
It really is that accurate (worn only).

BTW my PO (not a Rep), is back in the shop for further accuracy adjustment, so we'll see.
It was practically dead nuts on, as long as I wore it on the wrist - till it came down with co-axial-stutter-itis

But I would never go as far to say it's BETTER than my PO overall, or a Rolex.
NOR would I try to convince myself that I didn't really need a PO cause for 600 bucks or less I can get a better watch.

As for what the materials cost...well...do we really want to think about what these things actually cost to make in any price range?

I don't think so.

If it makes you feel any better I also want a Steinhart or an Archimede fleiger
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Looks like a NICE watch and option to consider Jack ! The 2000m theme
is extra impressive imo. As is the overall look of the watch itself. There
are also quite a few different dial, and hand color combinations. Not to
mention a good movement inside too. I know there are many companies
using the same case design as this one. Nevertheless, it seems like if
you like this style, then this is definitely one to consider ! It even comes
in a terrific looking case, with various straps also !Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? 803574

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:01 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
in a terrific looking case, with various straps also !Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? 803574

Thanks for your input Tom...much appreciated. Yeah I really like the watch. Still throwing around a few options so nothing is really set in stone but it is on my list.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:01 pm

yamahaki wrote:

I bought a WWW diver and it was regulated to +4 seconds per day. Included are some of the pics sent to me by the watchmaker. I see dumbass statements on the internet all the time-they usually involve blanket statements.

Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? P1220722

Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? P1220723

Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? P1220716

Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? P1220717
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:52 pm

merichar wrote:

I bought a WWW diver and it was regulated to +4 seconds per day. Included are some of the pics sent to me by the watchmaker. I see dumbass statements on the internet all the time-they usually involve blanket statements.

Cool Thanks.
That is what I'm getting for a static measurement.
And within COSC is it not? (which is what people are claiming)

In my experience, on the wrist is even more accurate (+/- 1sec/day - if that)
You'd need one of those fancy wrist motion simulator robots for that.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:34 pm

jaw wrote:

Cool Thanks.
That is what I'm getting for a static measurement.
And within COSC is it not? (which is what people are claiming)

In my experience, on the wrist is even more accurate (+/- 1sec/day - if that)
You'd need one of those fancy wrist motion simulator robots for that.

I don't know how much difference worn or unworn makes with my WWW. Last night, I set mine to the atomic clock and now-about 23 hours later its well within two seconds. That is after wearing the watch today. IMO its ridiculous to say that an unregulated watch can't run within COSC specs. There is a normal variance within which most watches will operate, some will be more accurate than others. Therefore it stands to reason that some will need more adjustment than others to get within COSC standards. And some may not require any adjustment at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:56 pm

merichar wrote:
Therefore it stands to reason...

Mark, that's where you made your mistake. Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_wink Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_wink Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:58 pm

jackprime1 wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks for your input Tom...much appreciated. Yeah I really like the watch. Still throwing around a few options so nothing is really set in stone but it is on my list.

No problem ! Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_smile Glad to help out with this one !

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?   Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic  Question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Blue Men's Master 2000 Diver Automatic Question?
Page 1 of 1