The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ALMOST a really cool watch...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

ALMOST a really cool watch... Empty
PostSubject: ALMOST a really cool watch...   ALMOST a really cool watch... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:40 am

This watch is for sale on WUS here, http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=382943

Not that I would buy it, but I thought it was REALLY cool until I saw this...

ALMOST a really cool watch... Attachment

First, not a huge fan of PRINTING on the side of a case...

Second, if you are going to do it, at least align it right!

Not really a slam on the manufacturer, but more an example of where "less would be MORE..."

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: ALMOST a really cool watch...   ALMOST a really cool watch... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:05 pm

That's what makes it limited...it is worth a fortune BECAUSE of the misaligned printing....sort of like a baseball card, the error edtion is always worth more because less of them were made. (Did that sound believable? ALMOST a really cool watch... Icon_rolleyes )

ALMOST a really cool watch... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: ALMOST a really cool watch...   ALMOST a really cool watch... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:52 pm

Probably should have left the limited edition on the case back
only. Putting it on the side, seems to take your eyes away from
the watch itself. There are some nice details on the watch, like
the coin edge theme on both the bezel, and pushers. However,
you do find yourself going back and staring at the LE there !

PostSubject: Re: ALMOST a really cool watch...   ALMOST a really cool watch... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:04 pm

nice case to mod, i hate that invicta has got to put crap all over the place! If it didnt have the ALMOST a really cool watch... 500253 up LE on the side of the case, i could have done some machine work on the caseback and dropped another dial in and had a nice watch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ALMOST a really cool watch...   ALMOST a really cool watch... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:07 pm

kinda like the SL at 129 bones with a semi swiss made auto! might be a modders dream, would like to see the back of the watch!

http://www.chronoshark.com/default.aspx?pmc=SB&affiliateid=10056
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ALMOST a really cool watch...   ALMOST a really cool watch... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:41 pm

sixtysix wrote:
That's what makes it limited...it is worth a fortune BECAUSE of the misaligned printing....sort of like a baseball card, the error edtion is always worth more because less of them were made. (Did that sound believable? ALMOST a really cool watch... Icon_rolleyes )

Some of the Invicta Geeks really believe this to be the gospel. I can't tell you how many times a flawed watch is described as a "collectors item". Yikes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ALMOST a really cool watch...   ALMOST a really cool watch... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Motegi wrote:
sixtysix wrote:

Some of the Invicta Geeks really believe this to be the gospel. I can't tell you how many times a flawed watch is described as a "collectors item". Yikes!

That piece should be "scrap item" and not a "collectors item." Yet "one man's trash..." ALMOST a really cool watch... 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ALMOST a really cool watch...   ALMOST a really cool watch... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:44 pm

cali kid wrote:
kinda like the SL at 129 bones with a semi swiss made auto! might be a modders dream, would like to see the back of the watch!

http://www.chronoshark.com/default.aspx?pmc=SB&affiliateid=10056

Is the CL-888 not a swiss made movement?

Seems like a decent deal for a swiss auto movement watch. The dial and case design could be better, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALMOST a really cool watch...   ALMOST a really cool watch... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ALMOST a really cool watch...
Page 1 of 1