The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

another one off the work bench

Go down 
AuthorMessage

another one off the work bench Empty
PostSubject: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:00 am

Just got done with this and it's hot! Had a friend CNC a huge thick caseback, got the dial from asia and under it is a miyota 8215 so i had to drill out the ETA hands and picked up a red second hand from otto frei to fit the 8215. Took the numbers off the chapter ring and painted it bright silver, brushed the case,bracelet and added a new clasp, also put in a lumed pip to the bezel! pics are bad because the sun isnt out and i cant shoot indoors but here they are! Can anyone guess what brand this watch used to be?

another one off the work bench 012-6

another one off the work bench 011-6

another one off the work bench 006-11

another one off the work bench 003-18

another one off the work bench 004-15

another one off the work bench 020-1

another one off the work bench 024

another one off the work bench 011-7

will take some pics in the sun tomorrow but its got to be my fav mod so far because it looks so different than it did before!

Last edited by cali kid on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:08 am

DUDE YOUR MODS ARE CALI-FORNICATION SICK!

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:16 am

here is the first try at the caseback!!!!
another one off the work bench 041-1

another one off the work bench 042-1

another one off the work bench 043-1

didnt go well but he nailed it on the second try!!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:20 am

Anything going on what I sent ya?

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:32 am

trying to find a crown, it's small 5.4mm plus screw down. think i've found one that will work from otto frei, got the dial, movement and hands, just trying to decide if i want the blue bezel or something different and the caseback will be sterile! got one more waiting for hands then the alan project is on!!!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:39 am

cali kid wrote:
trying to find a crown, it's small 5.4mm plus screw down. think i've found one that will work from otto frei, got the dial, movement and hands, just trying to decide if i want the blue bezel or something different and the caseback will be sterile! got one more waiting for hands then the alan project is on!!!

NICE!

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:39 am

Nice piece, Trevor.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:45 am

Wowza Trev ! another one off the work bench 803574 another one off the work bench 803574 You're becoming a master at all of this modding !
That case is out of sight cool imo ! The bezel is supremely clean and sporty.
While the aluminum chapter ring keeps the brushed theme going perfectly
as well. You are now officially a pro at this ! another one off the work bench Icon_smile I mean look at how good
the dial looks, and how it's all tied together with one nice looking bracelet
too ! A++ !!! Enjoy the watch and CONGRATS !

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:54 am

cali kid wrote:
will take some pics in the sun tomorrow
You California guys and your fancy sun...big deal, we have cold and clouds in CT!!

BTW - Great looking mod Trevor!!

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:23 am

YES it's a Jacques Lemans Ocean Explorer - I own one.

Wow what a transformation!

another one off the work bench JacquesLemans_353A_02_jaw-vi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:33 am

Smart man Jaws! Got a shot off the caseback?
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:42 am

cali kid wrote:
Smart man Jaws! Got a shot off the caseback?

Personally No.

But I know there are a couple on WG belonging to Flyback
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:00 am

dont want to see them that bad. Had a friend sterlize the caseback and he let his kid do it and went right thru it, so i had another buddy build this huge thing thats on it now, i really dig it alot and there is more heft and almost 18mm thick now! Was a cool watch to begin with but i get bored and play with some of my watches and try to reinvent them!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:04 am

cali kid wrote:
dont want to see them that bad. Had a friend sterlize the caseback and he let his kid do it and went right thru it, so i had another buddy build this huge thing thats on it now, i really dig it alot and there is more heft and almost 18mm thick now! Was a cool watch to begin with but i get bored and play with some of my watches and try to reinvent them!

Yes one of my favorites - and a great value for only ~80 bucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:09 am

That's some deep level of work put into it, VERY impressive! another one off the work bench 803574 Congrats on a job well done man!!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:17 am

Wow dude...nice work!!! another one off the work bench 803574

another one off the work bench Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:04 am

Man dude you got some MAD skillz!

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:15 am

Above and beyond!!! You're getting heavy duty with the modding, another impressive one!! That caseback is pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:40 am

WOW...smokin Mod Trevor...That watch is hot.... another one off the work bench 46145 another one off the work bench Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Quite the transformation Trevor! The caseback is awesome as it creates a totally different look to the watch. Your choice on the chapter ring is very creative. Another very Cool Mod!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 am

dude, seriously cool caseback work! How were you able to get the fine threads on this? I'm in awe of your talent and ingenuity another one off the work bench 46145
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:57 am

You've hit the nail on the head with that one Trev. I think that's your best to date. Hell, pretty soon you'll be lettin someone else run the fastener biz and movin to Singapore!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Man that is cool as it comes Trev. There is a saying for that and it is right on the tip of my tongue and I can't think if it. Oh yea, "How ya do dat dere!!!" another one off the work bench 46145
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another one off the work bench   another one off the work bench Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another one off the work bench
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: