The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

State of Watch Forums...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

State of Watch Forums... Empty
PostSubject: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:35 am

Aside from WUS (and mostly the sales section), it seems MANY forums are kinda SLOW right now...

...what do YOU attribute it to?

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Hopefully it is because most people are living life instead of pining over watches.

Doubtful, but hopefully.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:27 pm

You can probably blame it on the economy. If people dont have the extra cash to buy watches then they dont want to look or talk about watches they cannot afford.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Weather getting better, tax season or just a lull. Have seen it before and sure guys will start popping up with some new pieces!
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Seems like we have this same discussion every year at this time. State of Watch Forums... Icon_biggrin

May be a little worse this year because of the economy.

I also seem to notice fewer new members. Maybe we have "maxed" out.
Go to many of the main forums and the same members pop up over and over.

Im sure as the summer gets underway and spring is behind us things will improve.

EDIT: I see this on non watch forums also. FACEBOOK is a big culprit stealing away a lot of peoples time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:48 pm

max wrote:
Seems like we have this same discussion every year at this time. State of Watch Forums... Icon_biggrin

Im sure as the summer gets underway and spring is behind us things will improve.

EDIT: I see this on non watch forums also. FACEBOOK is a big culprit stealing away a lot of peoples time.

Hahaha, MAXed out!!! Facebook is for PERVs! State of Watch Forums... Icon_twisted Uh, I only go there to read the articles!!! State of Watch Forums... Icon_rolleyes It's this way all the time Bro. Have a bunch of people posting...then things quiet down for a while. Maybe the crappy economy is keeping some away or maybe the spring thaw has got people to leave their houses and search out TREES!!!! OH MY! NEW BUDS IN BLOOM! TINY SUCCULENT BUDS..................OH I'M SO VERKLEMPT!!!! BYE GUYS!!! I need to go visit......uh MOTHER NATURE.....that's it!!!!!! Than again....maybe I AM THE REASON WHY no one is posting!!!! State of Watch Forums... Fufing19 State of Watch Forums... Lol State of Watch Forums... 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:18 pm

. . . been reading alot lately, at a number of boards.

. . . personally, I get to a point where I feel like I'm overstating, posting too much . . . so I go into the undertow and just ride along.

. . . which is nice. I recall not too long ago at a board a mouse click away, I felt compelled to reply . . . almost guilty if I didn't . . . it's good to just read and compare and learn.

. . . . BUT, I'm still waiting, patiently. . . . Suspect
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:39 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
max wrote:

Hahaha, MAXed out!!! Facebook is for PERVs! State of Watch Forums... Icon_twisted Uh, I only go there to read the articles!!! State of Watch Forums... Icon_rolleyes It's this way all the time Bro. Have a bunch of people posting...then things quiet down for a while. Maybe the crappy economy is keeping some away or maybe the spring thaw has got people to leave their houses and search out TREES!!!! OH MY! NEW BUDS IN BLOOM! TINY SUCCULENT BUDS..................OH I'M SO VERKLEMPT!!!! BYE GUYS!!! I need to go visit......uh MOTHER NATURE.....that's it!!!!!! Than again....maybe I AM THE REASON WHY no one is posting!!!! State of Watch Forums... Fufing19 State of Watch Forums... Lol State of Watch Forums... 744742
You're hilarious, Duff! State of Watch Forums... 744742

I say it's the ECONOMY (but don't quote me).
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:42 pm

People must be out doing spring cleaning in the yard...you know, PRUNING TREES... State of Watch Forums... Affraid

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:52 pm

andrema wrote:
People must be out doing spring cleaning in the yard...you know, PRUNING TREES... State of Watch Forums... Affraid
I know huh! Big dummies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:11 pm

I am here alot but just read mostly. I like to see how much I can learn in the scant time I have to spend hanging out here. I even wanted to visit some other places you guys hang out but were is the time? I don't know how some people get to spend the time they do unless they get to do it at work. State of Watch Forums... Suspect More power to em and keep a posting!! Let me disappear without a trace with some more of this knowledge around here! State of Watch Forums... Icon_cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:26 pm

"Looking at work?"

What is this "work" you speak of. I have a faint memory of it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:17 pm

It was like this during credit card month after christmas.Now its tax time and some are sending in and not getting back.Of course its also spring.this will happen again if july and august as vacations start.Some forums are just stale.Same posters,same topics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:33 pm

pacifichrono wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
maybe the spring thaw has got people to leave their houses and search out TREES!!!! OH MY! NEW BUDS IN BLOOM! TINY SUCCULENT BUDS..................OH I'M SO VERKLEMPT!!!! BYE GUYS!!! I need to go visit......uh MOTHER NATURE.....that's it!!!!!! Than again....maybe I AM THE REASON WHY no one is posting!!!! State of Watch Forums... Fufing19 State of Watch Forums... Lol State of Watch Forums... 744742
You're hilarious, Duff! State of Watch Forums... 744742

I say it's the ECONOMY (but don't quote me).

Hilarious??? Tom I'm APPALLED to think a man of you stature (you kinda look like a lumberjack State of Watch Forums... Icon_eek ) would find HUMOR in the mockery of Mother Nature's children State of Watch Forums... Icon_scratch !!! Do WE find it funny that innocent trees are being (perish the thought) TRIMMED? State of Watch Forums... Affraid Oh My Fine Friend, would you find it hilarious if someone pulled the STEM out of your SPEEDMASTER.....NO YOU WOULDN'T WOULD YOU!!!! And here I thought you are a member in good standing of the Arbor Society! I'm off to picket a Tooth Pick Factory!!!

andrema wrote:

And you....you....you....TREE HATER!!!! There just aren't words to say how I feel about you and your PRUNING comment! State of Watch Forums... 500253
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 pm

...mmm, trim...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:18 pm

The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!
State of Watch Forums... Chicken-little-sky-falling
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:03 pm

I think it probably has to do with Spring ! With the better weather
over the last month or more, people may be spending more of their
free time outdoors doing things. This is my first Spring as a member
at a watch forum, so I'm just guessing. Still it seems like this might
be one reason.

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:57 pm

porschefan wrote:
...mmm, trim...

. . . Uh-huh . . . trim. I don't trim bush in the yard though, fence is not high enough . . . State of Watch Forums... Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:03 am

wagon wrote:
porschefan wrote:
...mmm, trim...

. . . Uh-huh . . . trim. I don't trim bush in the yard though, fence is not high enough . . . State of Watch Forums... Icon_rolleyes

State of Watch Forums... 744742
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:07 am

porschefan wrote:
...mmm, trim...

Wow - Time Machine!

Haven't heard that term in about 40 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:28 am

jaw wrote:
porschefan wrote:
...mmm, trim...

Wow - Time Machine!

Hahaha, that's because we're the same age, Jaw. Randy's right in there, too.
I hadn't used it in almost 40 years! State of Watch Forums... Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:48 am

porschefan wrote:
jaw wrote:
porschefan wrote:
...mmm, trim...

Wow - Time Machine!

Hahaha, that's because we're the same age, Jaw. Randy's right in there, too.
I hadn't used it in almost 40 years! State of Watch Forums... Icon_wink

Funny word
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:12 am

. . . we just defined the current state of watch forums, I think . . . State of Watch Forums... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:19 am

wagon wrote:
. . . we just defined the current state of watch forums, I think . . . State of Watch Forums... Icon_cheers

Now THAT was funny!

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:50 am

Anomaly wrote:
wagon wrote:

Now THAT was funny!

Yep, hijackings...

sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Not many forums have a platform such as a shopping network to promote their site -- for free! The deck is stacked in their favor, therefore they are going to have more members, hence more posts, etc. Hey guys, this is my first post here...congratulate me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:27 pm

P.I.T.A. wrote:
Not many forums have a platform such as a shopping network to promote their site -- for free! The deck is stacked in their favor, therefore they are going to have more members, hence more posts, etc. Hey guys, this is my first post here...congratulate me!

Congratz! P.I.T.A. And do we know you from your work in other forums???
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:43 pm

P.I.T.A. wrote:

P I T A...?

Purveyor In Time Assessment?

State of Watch Forums... Lol

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Anomaly wrote:
P.I.T.A. wrote:

P I T A...?

Purveyor In Time Assessment?

State of Watch Forums... Lol

Nope, I found out who it is and your definition is ALL WRONG!!!! geek Welcome aboard PITA!!!!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:22 pm

P.I.T.A. wrote:

Hmmm...OK Congrats!!

State of Watch Forums... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: slow forums   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:43 am

I have always fond nearly all the forums on watches slow.
WUS is not, and TZ-UK is to fast, as everyone seems to start a thread rather than make a post.

I believe these forums are a little slow, because they go unnoticed to the average person.
I have been into watches a long time, and i am very good with computers. I only came across them when i had a watch related problem, that i couldn't figure out. ( I repair watches )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State of Watch Forums...   State of Watch Forums... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

State of Watch Forums...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: