The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!

Go down 
+3
Northwestguy
AtomicTom
Anomaly
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Empty
PostSubject: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:33 pm

Some of you are familiar with Skully....He's my Invicta Smirking Skull watch. I have had this watch for about 3 years. Anyway, it stopped running one day so I figured as with a few of my other quartz watches...that the battery and seen it's Last Hurrah. So I run out and get a new battery for it, throw it in..........NOTHING! I thought that SUMMABEECH sold me a dead battery so I go to another shop with all intent and purpose to take the crap battery back to the Mall Kiosk and give the guy a piece of my mind. I run out to Radio Shack....let me tell you, I think they sell every watch battery known to mankind there....buy another battery and run home and pop it in.......NADA!!! The GREAT SWISS QUARTZ MOVEMENT Invicta gave Skully was dead. I was pretty bummed but had been seeing where a new Cardiac Surgeon here at XMT had done a couple heart transplants so I decided to send Dr Barnbuilder a PM and see if he'd give old Skully a physical and see what could be done for him. Well, he said he could give Skully a updated heart transplant and discard his old quartz ticker and put a new 2824 automatic heart in. Oh for the Love of Mike!!!! I told the Doctor that I'd like to make an appointment for the surgery but that Old Skully would need some rest while awaiting a donor heart. So today, the hospital PMs me and says that the donor heart had arrived! The only problem was being as the fine Doc had to obtain a heart from the part of Switzerland Invicta DOESN'T have a factory in, Skully would require new arms, so the heart transplant will be on hold a little longer. The Doc is going to take pics during surgery so I can keep you all updated on Skully's progress! So just to refresh your memories.....Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's SKULLY!

Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Skull1

Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Skull2

Now tell me My Old Skully doesn't deserve a new heart! Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! 803574 Pics of surgery to follow! Please remember, they may be a little more grotesque than some might be able to handle!!!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Hope the TRANSPLANT goes well!!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Oh WOW Duff !!! Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_biggrin Is this cool or what ?! It's DEFINITELY a
terrific idea to try this transplant. I know Ron has done this on
at least one of his watches, but wasn't sure it could be done
on every watch. It's going to be like sticking a supercharger
in the watch. VERY cool !!!! Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_cheers Kudos to Ron, and I hope
everything works out Duff !

Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:06 am

Wow Duff! Leave it to Dr. Ron to give the old bones some new life. WTG Ron! Looking forward to the results.
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:33 am

Awesome story, Duff! Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! 74725
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:53 am

Dr. Ron! Too funny. Can't wait to see the watch after surgery.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 am

Dr. Ron is the best!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:03 am

Duff, are you going to have Ron cover-up/remove the Invicta logo while it's apart? Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_wink Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_lol
Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! 492736
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:51 am

porschefan wrote:
Duff, are you going to have Ron cover-up/remove the Invicta logo while it's apart? Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_wink Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_lol
Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! 492736

Just remove it, a transplant with an amputation!!

Very cool Dr. Ron!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:04 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Oh WOW Duff !!! Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_biggrin Is this cool or what ?! It's DEFINITELY a
in the watch. VERY cool !!!! Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_cheers Kudos to Ron, and I hope

On the ronda movement in Duffs watch the dial feet are the same as the eta 28XX movements, stem alignment is perfect with date only etas. day and date movements are taller and stem alignment is a problem. the 2892a2 works perfect also and the overall height is even less making thin clearance issue cases a better swap.
different hands are required for the eta, so I got several and I'll let Duff make the final choice on them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:58 pm

just pop that invicta logo off, just a little glue holding it on! Ron is one of the best, the watch is in great hands! Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! 933578
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:38 pm

Well I really don't want to take a chance at messing up the dial. That's the coolest part of the watch, that is until the 2824 is in there. I love the watch. In all actuality, it's one of the few Invictas that I'm proud to wear! We'll keep the logo. DAMN! I STILL HAVE RESIDUAL KOOL-AID IN MY VEINS!!!! WTF is up widdat? Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Affraid
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:00 am

This is going to be good!! Nice way to save skully.........

Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:09 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

On the ronda movement in Duffs watch the dial feet are the same as the eta 28XX movements, stem alignment is perfect with date only etas. day and date movements are taller and stem alignment is a problem. the 2892a2 works perfect also and the overall height is even less making thin clearance issue cases a better swap.
different hands are required for the eta, so I got several and I'll let Duff make the final choice on them

Thanks for the insight with all of this Ron ! It seems like a tremendously difficult task. However,
you make it sound almost easy, even though I know it's not ! Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! 46145 ..It's REALLY great, because
now an old watch, can become new, and improved. Not to mention alot cooler too !!! Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:01 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Well I really don't want to take a chance at messing up the dial. That's the coolest part of the watch, that is until the 2824 is in there. I love the watch. In all actuality, it's one of the few Invictas that I'm proud to wear! We'll keep the logo. DAMN! I STILL HAVE RESIDUAL KOOL-AID IN MY VEINS!!!! WTF is up widdat? Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Affraid

Above the logo Ron could print "Not An" or below it something else. Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:28 pm

porschefan wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:

Above the logo Ron could print "Not An" or below it something else. Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_wink

Now if he could replace it with SKULLY, that would be the ticket right there! Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! 803574
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!   Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skully's Heart Arrived...Awaiting Extremities!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: