The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open Empty
PostSubject: Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open   Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Got an email notice a couple days ago.

Looks like they've taken the retro look to the hyper wacky extreme.
http://www.zixenwatch.com/dsr500m.php

More Images at WUS link included in email.
http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=389049

Features:
DSR 500M sport diver is another retro design. The cushion style case was used primarily in early 70’s. DSR 500M has a internal rotating bezel that can be adjusted via 2nd crown at 2 o-clock position. It features a precise rotating bezel with filled in luminous markers and numerals. DSR 500 case has a unique case design, its contour shape wraps around the wrist for a ultimate comfort.

Details:
Case: Cushion design, brushed stainless steel, 44mm excluding crown, 15.6 mm in height.
Crystal: Anti-reflective domed sapphire
Bezel: Internal rotating, with luminous markers
Movement: Swiss made, self-winding, hacking second function, ETA 2824, and modified ETA 2836 GMT, 42 hours of power reserve.
Bracelet: Natural rubber professional grade diving strap, or stainless steel bracelet.

Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open Attachment
Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open Attachment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open   Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 pm

Zixen borrows from an older omega case design.looks good to me.I like the heliox better though.Also, pricing keeps going up.If these don't sell out,you'll see them on sale for 999.00.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open   Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:37 pm

yamahaki wrote:
Zixen borrows from an older omega case design.looks good to me.I like the heliox better though.Also, pricing keeps going up.If these don't sell out,you'll see them on sale for 999.00.

Agree - Like my Heliox design better.

Just caught a used Nitrox on WUS.
I know the NItrox isn't your favorite Zinex but I fell in love at first sight - after they were all gone.
Can't wait for it to arrive.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open   Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 am

Have to admit I like this Zixen Jaw ! Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open Icon_smile I think it takes a vintage
look which is very cool, and updates it. The thickness, and overall
size look REALLY good. The thickness of that chapter ring is nice
too because it makes the dial look that much deeper. Also like the
hands, and the different colors used on them. Hey, and how about
that mesh bracelet ?! Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open 803574 ..Thanks for the links, and info ! There
really are alot of different variations to choose from !

PostSubject: Re: Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open   Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:48 am

I'll give Joe credit there are no divers that look like his on the market right now that I know of. Overall I think they look better in person than in pics as well. I had a Trimix and some of the images I saw before ordering made me think it was on the clownish side but in person I was suprised to see that it was a very professional looking and feeling piece. I like this one.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open   Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:32 am

Like the RETRO luck and glad its not the same case 10 other makers are using...

Pretty Pricing...$750 seems a more realistic number for a Micro Brand...

PostSubject: Re: Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open   Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zixen DSR500 Hydromatic - PreOrders Open
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: