The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!

Go down 
+3
andrema
merichar
AtomicTom
7 posters
AuthorMessage

FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Empty
PostSubject: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:39 pm

I found THE watch for me, so this will be the last review for a while. I like tying these so....please read! FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_biggrin

Found an old watch magazine I bought in January 2009 with the ad for the watch that has since first sight remained at the top of my list!

ONE MORE FROM THE LIST TO THE WRIST!
FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! DSC05470

DEBAUFRE (DAY boh FRAY) Ocean 1 GMT
Movement:ETA 2893 Movement
Type:Automatic
Case:316L stainless steel
Bezel: Unidirectional blue and red GMT
Crown:Screw-down
Glass:Sapphire glass, internal anti-reflective coating
Lume:Super-LumiNova on hands & hours
Caseback:Screw-down
Diameter:42mm Including Crown:46mm
Thickness:12.7mm
Interhorn:22mm Lug to Lug
Calendar:Date
50.5mm Weight:6.7 ounces

I like what Debaufre is, a small company that uses the right parts and movements, makes a great design and sells it for everything and all that it is. I truly got far more excited with this on the wrist than any other watch.
I had just resolved to buy this new, after a profitable month, but found it at the last moment by contacting James (jitteryjim @ WUS) and quickly striking an agreeable deal for both. The watch was shipped the next day (Friday) and was on my wrist Monday morning! I encourage all to check out the links posted in his signature to watches in movies, a fantastic collection of watch photos, and some great watch reviews, including the Prometheus.
Best of all, James included a spare dial that he first had put in the watch! And, he swapped it back to the original that I wanted for me, saved me a trip to my new watchmaker (whom I like, BTW, more on that...)
FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! DSC05464

Besides one of the most pleasing color schemes visually, it's just a dream to wear this. The look is unmatched and the fit is so comfortable.
Case:
At the biggest feel of 42mm, this feels like a Zodiac Dragon Wing, an Omega PO 45, or another "small" 45mm watch. But it's not too thick - this isn't designed to be hefty, it's designed like they used to make watches in the 60s and 70s, for wearing every day. That said, it feels as heavy as it could for this size. Caseback shot forthcoming! But it's straight SS with good minimal writing, but it covers everything you wanna know at a glance, including my favorite feature, "SWISS MADE IN JURA".
Bracelet:
All I need to say is this: 22mm non-tapering. Why companies started tapering bracelets into the clasp in the first place is beyond me, these guys got it right!
Dial:
100% honest with you all: I would take this watch over a Rolex even if only for the logo. Something about the symmetry of the word under 12:00 (can't type the characters to look that good) makes the dial so smooth. The markers are much bigger than on, say an Invicta 8926, with better lume. Good mercedes hands like that are always fine, but that RED GMT HAND looks so hot popping off in good sunlight!
FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! DSC05478
Bezel:
BIG font makes the whole watch stand out more than a standard diver's bezel. BLUE and RED - simply beautiful, goes with anything.
I liked the denim shots they had, so I had to try my own...
FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! DSC05467
FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! DSC05462
FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! DSC05480
(love that "focal black and white" option in Picasa!

Movement:
The date changes precisely at midnight , a good solid pull to get the crown all the way out – ALL signs of a good ETA movement, and good hands that last touched the inside. And SMOOOOOTH spin to that seconds hand, the smoothest I've ever had on a 3-er4-hand auto! 8-)

After 24 hours, she's sitting at about +3. FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_cheers

Basically, this is my "one special watch" that some guys have, and i really like it that way. This was meant to be my wear with anything, wear all the time, WATCH. THE watch. I've sold many to get here and couldn't be happier without 'em! Finally acquiring a longstanding and genuine desire is everything I was hoping for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 am

Congratulations! Great review! Wear it in good health.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:21 am

OH man, this is a REALLY exceptional watch FD !!! FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_cheers I'm
glad you got a watch that you have wanted for a while.
Debaufre does seem to do things right. The quality, the parts,
and the designs are top notch. It looks AMAZING, and your
pictures almost make it feel like the watch is right here ! FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_smile
Can't get enough of the dial, with that GMT hand, along
with those markers and hands. NICE !..Also, like you said the
font on the bezel makes the watch stand out even more too.
It's pretty TERRIFIC imho !..Plus you got an extra dial from
James !..Good job James ! FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! 803574 ..GREAT watch, GREAT
pictures ! Congrats to you, and ENJOY !

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:08 am

Congrats on your new DeBaufre, very distinctive color scheme. The Pepsi bezel has been done before but that one looks different somehow. I've been looking for a watch with that movement, any exhibition caseback shots?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:33 am

. . . two things. First, that is a very good looking watch!!! The pepsi colours are awesome, dial is as good as it gets . . . everything about it is in great balance. Second, better than the watch itself is the fact that you are SO happy with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dig reading about a member that hit the button on a pick-up more than anything else. Happy for you Bro' . . . . FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:42 am

Congrats on a very cool gmt.love the colors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:45 am

Solid piece. Well made and the bracelet is really good too.

Good work buddy. FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:48 am

Very nice...I love the look of that pepsi bezel! Looks like it is a good size for your wrist too...it was meant to be FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_cheers

Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 am

Outstanding watch!!!!

They got that one right but then again all the Ocean 1 line is killer. Great quality, fit, finish, bracelet.
I have a 39mm, love to see one in 42 so I could decide which suits me better.

Enjoyed the review also. Good job.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:36 am

Great review man!

YOU KNOW when you want a watch and you jump! GREAT feeling when you get it...right?

I TOTALLY dig GMTs and that bezel is PERFECT!

Great pics!

Congrats and enjoy!

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:49 am

Congratz on reaching the end of your quest! It's a great feeling to finally get the watch you've been in search of only to have it be even more special than anticipated! FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! 933578
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 pm

What a great watch and some damn fine pictures too......enjoy!!

FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:36 am

Thanks for the words fellas! This is a dream to wear, it hasn't left my wrist since Monday afternoon, and I ain't planning on taking it off for the rest of the week at least! Like I said, I sold a lot of watches to get this and it was SOOOO worth it. Better to have one that I wear everyday than 10 that I wear once a month!

Some new pics for y'all!
FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! IMG_2727
FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! IMG_2730
FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! IMG_2731
FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! DSC05501
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:01 pm

excellent buy Andrew! nice movement, cool bezel with the large 24 hour numbers and great lume shot!
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Love it!
Congrats.

FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!   FINALLY!  Debaufre GMT is mine! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FINALLY! Debaufre GMT is mine!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: