The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ah, Oh well . . .

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:41 pm

. . . . the next watch will be awhile coming now. Took wifey out shopping today, she needed a new range in the kitchen. The one we have started to act up . . . heating unevenly, the oven temperature varied constantly and worst of all . . . the CO 2 alarm in the kitchen started to go off when the oven is on!!!

. . . . You know how it goes, what's fair is fair. Her hobby is baking . . . and you need good equipment to get good results. Actually, I'm the end benificiary of her passion . . . the girl can create the most outrageous baked goods, and there is ALWAYS a fresh batch of cookies to go with my coffee when I get home.

. . . Hang in there white dialed Ti-Samurai . . . . I'll get back to you in time. Meanwhile, a new bracelet for the Sumo and a new leather strap from Citizen for my minute repeater will hold me for now . . . I won't have to "kick" cold turkey . . . . Ah, Oh well . . . Confused
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:45 pm

Hang in there Randy. When the next watch finally does arrive, it will just as sweet as your wifes baked goods. She derserves the best Randy.......after all she does have you. Congrats to your wife on the new Range!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:02 pm

Good man Randy!

Eat up and put on that new bracelet!

Senior Associate
andrema

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:10 pm

wagon wrote:
. . . Hang in there white dialed Ti-Samurai . . . . I'll get back to you in time. Meanwhile, a new bracelet for the Sumo and a new leather strap from Citizen for my minute repeater will hold me for now . . . I won't have to "kick" cold turkey . . . . Ah, Oh well . . . Confused
That is too bad!

However...I am looking for a Ti Samurai right now too. By the time you get around to buying the Sammy again, I will probably be flipping mine Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_cheers Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_mad

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:14 pm

andrema wrote:
wagon wrote:
That is too bad!

However...I am looking for a Ti Samurai right now too. By the time you get around to buying the Sammy again, I will probably be flipping mine Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_cheers Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_mad

. . . Now that I can only hope for!!!! I know if you have it first, it'll be a good one to grab!!!! Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Which bracelet?
Back to top Go down

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Which bracelet?

. . . either this one from Seiya with a Marine Master clasp for $118 ( I prefer a fitted end link though, so I'm not hot for this one other than it having the MM clasp) . . .

Ah, Oh well . . . Seikob10

. . . or Harolds . . . 22mm and buy up to a MM clasp . . .

Ah, Oh well . . . IMG_5643

. . . Give me your opinion Doc. . .
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:04 am

I'm with you - Found out I need a new furnace today.
Back to top Go down

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:08 am

My preference is the Anvil in 22mm. I agree about the fitted end links. Straight ones look great on a Monster but not on the Sumo.
Back to top Go down

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:12 am

. . . Thanks Doc! That's the way I'm leaning. May cost a little more to add the MM clasp, but I think it will be worth while for the Sumo.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:23 am

Nice job Randy ! Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_cheers Thank goodness you got a new range with the
whole C02 alarm incident. Now you'll be able to sit back, relax, and
think about that next watch. All the while enjoying some terrific home
made baked goods ! Ah, Oh well . . . 803574 Congratulations to you both, and enjoy
that bracelet, and strap when ever you get them sir !

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:28 am

Man Randy, waiting sucks. Know how you feel. My wife is an award winning baker (she really is) but the oven we have in this apartment sucks. But it's probably for the better, I'd be really fat. Plus she works 12+ hours a day, she doesn't have the time anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ah, Oh well . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ah, Oh well . . .   Ah, Oh well . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ah, Oh well . . .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Off Topic - NOTHING to do with a watch...-
Jump to: